You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadows On The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows On The Ceiling

 

I want to get a second opinion on something strange that happened last night. I don't even know for sure if it's paranormal, but I think it is.

Anyway, it was probably around 1 am, and I was doing what every teenager does in the summer at this hour, playing on my phone. At some point I noticed a shadow in the field of light created by my nightlight. It moved across my ceiling, in and out of the field of light, and it was rather faint. I was the only one in my room. It stopped and I texted My friend about it.

It happened more times, but after a while took shape of how a cartoonist might draw a fluffy tail. Not fuzzy, but in the shape of one. My hands or knees were somewhat in the air or out to the side when it appeared, so I moved my hands and knees to see if that was what was causing the shadow, but it moved faster than I was moving my hands and knees, and my shadow was being projected on the bed, not the ceiling. After a while, I noticed that it got bigger and darker, so I camped out in the living room for the rest of the night.

The strange thing is, strange things happened by my nightlight sometimes. Like, when I was little, a toy that I thought was in my toy box would play music sometimes with no one on the room or by the toy box. Or, more recently, things falling off of my nightstand or my lamp, that I have numerous random items hanging around, with no one being over by it. I was always paranoid as a child that our house was haunted, but as I grew older I doubted it. Not so much now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xcielinwonderlandx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
Often, when in a dimly lit space, after staring into a bright screen for some time, the eye will carry with it the shadow image of the screen when you look away from the screen into the room. The shape of the screen can be distorted when you look away leading to non-rectilinear after images that look like something more mysterious. This, of course, is just a suggestion...

Cheers,
-Gus
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Quite short experience. The possibility of it being merely an illusion cannot be ruled out simply. If it happens again, it may have something to do with the paranormal.

Thanks for Sharing! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
xciel: welcome to YGS.

It could be as simple as strained vision and eye fatigue, specially if the room was poorly illuminated; or perhaps a shadow from something moving on the street?
Something that you do not mention is if you noticed any other change/s in the room or if your gut feeling sense any danger.
Have you gone to the optometrist for a checkup?

Have you tried to tidy up the stuff (mess?) on your nightstand? -sometimes things resettle during the night.

If this is the only time that you have seen this shadow tail you shouldn't worry, but if you see it again, it would be a good idea to start a journal recording all the information that might be important about that night.

Take care and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: