You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Experiencing Spirits At My Friend's House

Real Ghost Stories

Experiencing Spirits At My Friend's House

 

I have never believed in ghosts, but I've always liked hearing stories about them. My friend always told me stories about their "haunted" house, but I never truly believed her. She invited me once to sleepover, and I thought I'd finally check for myself if she had been lying all the time. And so I went.

Her mom turns on a disk of someone reading the 'quoran' most of the time. The quor'an is the holy book of Muslims. We usually read it when somebody is dead so that his soul would rest in peace. Whenever I hear it I feel uncomfortable because it makes me feel that somebody is dead. When I went to sleep over I asked Nermine, my friend, to turn it off. She told me that her mother might get mad, but turned it off anyways because I'm a guest.

It was around 1:00 am when we sat in her bedroom chatting, we first started hearing footsteps on the roof right above us. They were as if a woman wearing high heals was walking on the roof! The problem was that their house was far away from any neighbours and that no one would step on their roof top. We both heard it, and we were scared! Nermine wanted to go back to the living room and turn on the quoran, but she was too afraid to even walk.

In their house, right next to the living room they have a three step stairs that leads to their bedrooms. We started hearing footsteps as if somebody is running up and down the stairs! I was scared to hell but convincing myself that Nermine was playing a joke on me. I ran towards the door, and tried to open it so I'd turn on the quoran. The door was not opening! I kept on pulling, it wasn't locked! It was as if someone was pushing it from the other side. We started screaming as her brother Rami ran from the room right next to us asking what's going on?!

I left the door knob as Rami opened the door. He didn't make any effort to open the door from outside, nor did he hear anything of footsteps! He just heard us screaming. We turned on the quoran, but I still couldn't sleep that night.

I don't know what happened, and I don't know how could they live in that house, but all I know is that I am never going back there!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RNK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-06)
RNK

Having your first experience can be very frightening.
How old were you when this hapened? If you, your friend, and her brother were all young teenagers going through puberty it could have been a poltergeist. A poltergeist is energy from teen angst and it can basically come out in a lot of ways such as things moving around, hearing footsteps,etc.

Regards
Red
talib (58 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-30)
Muslims read Quran for getting blessing each word, each letter is a blessing, it also read for peace of the dead souls. There are some verses in the Quran which are used by Muslim Exorcist to drive away evil spirits from a body or house, your friend mom was probably playing those, like Chap 2 of Quran (Surah Baqarah) is known to drive away evil spirits from a house for three days if it is read once, if it is read for forty successive days, the spirits don't return.
Cutepotatoe (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
Someone might have been hauting the area or a dead person might have passed by for a visit! 😕 isn't that why they put the Coran om? Maybe someone died recently...
Boodabangbang11 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Did it change your mind? An experience like that one would be real enough to suggest the contrary to someone's belief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: