You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Experiencing Bed Shaking

Real Ghost Stories

Experiencing Bed Shaking

 

Last week my family (mom, step dad, two step brothers, step sister, sister and her boyfriend, myself and my 15 month old daughter) moved into a big older house in Stanwood, WA. It was built in 1948.

Ever since we moved in, I've had the feeling of someone or something in my bedroom, also in my 15 month old daughters bedroom. Last night at 1:30 am I was awaken by something. My bed was shaking. It proceeded to shake for about 30 seconds after it woke me up.

I was freaked! What do I do? What is it? I'm afraid to go to bed tonight! I hope the same thing is not happening to my daughter in her room.

Some people are telling me just to say my thoughts out loud. It probably won't answer me, but to tell it what I feel. "Go away, Please don't hurt my daughter. Please leave me alone." I haven't done anything to deserve to be scared.

My family isn't really believing any of what I tell them. After I looked it up though, it's sounding like it's kind of common. I just need to know what I need to do to make it stop. I work early in the mornings and have a baby that I need to take care of and it's going to be hard if I can't get any sleep because I'm freaked out by this. PLEASE HELP! I have gotten a couple family members to come sleep near my room so if it happens again, they'll come to the rescue.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kristen0123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sherie21st (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I visited someone one Israel and the first night sleeping there nothing. The second night I was awakened between 2am and 3am by someone heavier sitting down on the foot of my bed. Nothing like this ever happened before in my life. I was laying on my side and opened my eyes but did not look to the foot of the bed. Then the bed started shaking side to side, very fast. I looked at the wall and it was still but I could see and feel the movement. I felt like I was going to fall out of the bed so I moved to the center and turned over to lay on my back, looking at the ceiling and could still see and feel the bed shaking. I remember pinching myself to make sure I was awake and I was. I remember the room being cold too. I was not scared but thought we must be having an earthquake. I looked at the end table to see if anything was falling off but nothing was but I could still see and feel the bed moving from side to side. I looked toward the foot of the bed and nothing, no one. I looked toward the open doorway and nothing. After about 3o seconds the bed suddenly stopped. It didn't slow down it just stopped. I turned back on my side and went to sleep trying to figure out what just happened. It was strange because I felt no fear just trying to figure out what I was seeing and what was happening, make sense of it. The next morning I asked my friend about it but he did not feel anything upstairs. No earthquake either... I checked. I so want to know if this was a warning, a message, a sign, what? Why does this sort of thing happen? I can't forget about it. For the next two weeks there it never happened again... The room would get cold but the bed didn't shake.
metalheadmommy (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
I have no advice but wanted to say I've just experienced this. Just before 6am I woke to the feeling of my bed shaking (yes the bed, not me) I could feel the mattress sliding against my back. I thought at first it was my dog. I ruled that out quickly... She usually sleeps in my daughter's bed because it's usually empty (my 2 year old almost always sleeps in my bed.) My husband wasn't at home, he works 3rd shift. So with the dog in my daughter's bed, my husband gone for work that left me and my my 2 year old daughter in bed. My next thought was her, she seemed fine and woke up shortly after I sat up. The bed shook for another 20-30 seconds after I sat up. I estimate it was between 45 seconds and 1 minute 15 seconds total that my bed shook. It shook in a top to bottom direction. Not side to side. As if someone shook it by standing at the foot of the bed and pushing. I hear my headboard tapping the wall, my bedframe/boxspring were creaking. I grabbed my phone and texted my mother. I asked her if we had an earthquake. She said she hadn't felt anything. SHe checked online for reports. This was at 5:51 am, It I now 10:14 am and still no reports of any earthquake.
liltraviesa310 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
hello my name is nivia
I have heard a lot of common things like about your story... And just to telll you when
Something like that happends it means it wants you to get away from the house... I have seen it in real life... It either has to do something with the devil... Because of us all know that something he does... Now if you say that it shakes your bed really hard and fast that you think its just your imagination... What you have to do is to start praying everynight by havine a cross on top of your bed... And I think that would protect you! ❤
Seattle (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Kristin,
Hello. I have experienced something similar since child hood. I grew up in My greatgrandfaters home and would wake up occasionally from the bed shaking or tremmering. I would always tell my mom that an earthquake woke me but no one else would feel it. However, nothing else in my room would be moving. This followed me into my adult hood from home to home. I had purchased another home a year ago and had completely forgotten about these experiences. (I am probably desensitized because it has happened on so many occasions). However, the other night I was sleeping in one or our quest rooms far away from the rest of the family and I was wakened by the bed tremmering. I woke and put my hand flat on the bed to be sure and I could feel a very strong vibration. I work night shift and was very tired and wanted it to stop so I hit the bed and it continued so I hit it harder and I felt the vibrations get stronger and moved down my legs and past my feet. Then the movement was weaker so I hit the bed again and it went away. I thought to myself that this had'nt happened in a while and I went back to sleep. The next morning I thought to myself that it had been a little over a year since I could remember this happening. This is my first time looking into it. Your story was the first I had read.
Synn (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hello Kristen,
You have a haunting. I had one where my bed would shake. Like someone wanting to wake me up on purpose so I could get off the bed and not get any sleep. I had two babies then, one two year old and a 6mos. Old. One night, my husband went to sleep. We have a king sized bed and my two year old couldn't sleep alone because she wanted to sleep with mommy. I had the crib in my room because I breastfed my baby, and it was easier for me. I told my two year old OK, get in, and she and my baby slept between me and my husband. I was already of the mind that maybe my husband has leg cramps or something and that's why the bed shakes. Well, the baby fell asleep after feeding, so my two year old switched places with her and told me she wanted me to tell her a story so she could sleep. I was whispering the story when the bed started to shake. She said, mommy, what's that? I kept on ignoring it until the unthinkable happened. The whole top mattress with all of us on it lifted up about two feet and then just dropped right back down onto the box springs.
Before the lift, I saw a lump in the middle of the mattress at my daughter's feet like a head of a man wanting to come up "through" the mattress. When the mattress bounced back into place, me and my little girl screamed, my husband woke up and said, Go to the living room if you all are going to play, and quit jumping on the bed.
I was so scared and more mad that he had not woke up. I got up and turned on the lights, looked under the bed, all around the room, checked all the doors and windows, and,,,nothing.
For a long while, I slept in my daughters room with them, until my husband said it was silly to be afraid of something that might not happen again. I slept in my bed again, but not without the bathroom light, the closet light, and the t.v. On all night.
That apartment was so active, activity started happening in the daytime too. We moved out about a year later, a very long year later. I think the only thing you can do is pray, which I did, all the time. And if at all possible, sleep your kids with you in the bed in case the activity starts to affect them when they are alone in their rooms. I know it spilled over to every room in my house, including the bathrooms. I would yell out, " In the name of Jesus, get out of my room" or in any room I was in. Sometimes, it helps and sometimes, they go only to come back later and bug you again. Sometimes, the only thing you CAN do is move. For the sake of your sanity. Also, check to see if anyone has given you anything recently like antiques, dolls, dishes, furniture, anything from a flea market or garage sale. Sometimes these things come from people who have passed on and their family sells their stuff. Ghost get attached to some items and it might be as easy as getting rid of the item. Hope I could help you out in some small way. Good luck with your activity.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Kristen0123,

If it was YOU that was vibrating, and not the BED that was shaking, then alex_26 may be correct that you are experiencing the prelude to an Out of Body Experience.

If your body itself is vibrating, although it can be disorienting or even frightening at first, if that is what is going on then you have nothing to worry about. Even if you do manage to separate from your body, you are still tethered to your body and your body is safe (even from possession).

If the bed itself is shaking, that sounds more like a spirit. When I was 12 or so years old, my bed shook me awake once. It stopped a few seconds after I was jolted awake and nothing more happened. I was terrified. That experience never repeated itself.

In either event, since this is happening right after a move into an old house it is very possible that a spirit is involved either way.

I made a post on the following YGS story as to why I thought a spirit had acted to induce an O.B.E. In the author.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4546

You might be being given "help" to have an O.B.E. By a playful spirit. Also, the story link above can give you a flavor of the harmlessness of the O.B.E. Experience itself if that is what is happening.

If a spirit is interacting with you, it can most likely hear and understand you if you talk to it out loud when you feel it is around. Explain to it that it is making you afraid and ask it politely to stop whatever its doing. That might be enough all by itself.

Good luck
alex_26 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hello there! I believe I may have an answer to your problem! While I can't explain the presence you've been sensing, the vibrations most likely aren't attributed to a spirit at all! Have you ever heard of a thing called Astral Projection? If not, it's where the spirit separates from the body during sleep and is able to travel on it's own. Aparently, everyone goes through this process every night during sleep, but ussually forget about it. However, sometimes a person is able to stay conscious during these projections! The part that concerns you, is that before the spirit seperates from the body, the body vibrates violently, much like your experience! So this might just be your spirit attempting to go on a conscious astral journey! I suggest you visit www.astralvoyage.com for more information! If I'm right, you are a very lucky person! I've been attempting to initiate my own astral journey lately, but haven't been successful yet. Some people reach the Astral Plane easier than others, and it sounds like you may be one of those. Hope this helps!

Ps. Astral projection is certainly nothing to fear, by the way! You should definitely visit that website I mentioned for more info! 😁
Kristen0123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Thanks for the comments everyone:) I'll try anything right now. So far... One night after... It hasn't happened again!
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
its either someone is trying to frighten you or play with you. Like little kids just playing with you it could be a bad spirirt just not agreeing with what you doing.

-blessings
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
As I said this is a good place to get all sorts of advice and I knew it was coming thus the preface. I apologize if you are of another religion but I too noticed that you did not mention prayer. But there is certainly nothing about Jesus that should make you uncomfortable. Over the years I have read pretty much every entry on this site. The most successful outcomes and the majority of successful outcomes have come through calling on the name of Jesus. If anyone reads all the stories on this site and comes up with a different conclusion, I will be open to the proof but I don't think it will happen. You can cleanse and smudge and all these other cumbersome rituals (some work temporarily but most often the trouble comes back) if you like but you are just dragging the situation out. If something paranormal is there, it should not be. Get rid of it now. You have way too many other things to concentrate on than worrying about something that should not be in your life in the first place. You seem to have your priorities in the right place. Don't let anyone talk you into learning to live with something like this. Do what the stats on this website say, ask Jesus to get rid of it, He will.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Hi Kristen, I'm sorry for the upset that you're experiencing. I know how chaotic it can be, being a new mom and moving into a new home; and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, wishing only the best for you and your little girl. As you didn't mention prayer, I'm imagining that it isn't something that you usually do -- so I won't bother echoing Jitow. However, I will ask -- are you SURE that the BED is really moving? Or are YOU quivering so hard that you THINK the bed is moving? Stress can do weird things to our hormones and sleep patterns; and recently, I've woken from a sound sleep because I was shaking so hard that I thought the bed was moving. It wasn't. I was! It was like my whole body was vibrating. Since then, my stress levels have declined, and I haven't had another incident. I hope that your troubles disappear as easily as mine did.

Blessings,
Lisa
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
IMO, I don't think you need to do anything religious. Just ask the spirit to leave you alone, and if that doesn't work, try having someone do a cleansing. Try to make absolutely sure that what you're experiencing isn't a sort of hallucination (like sometimes, I feel like the ground is moving under me when I walk.) If you're sure, then strenghtening yourself against fear and being firm with this spirit should be enough to make it leave.

Congratulations on your baby, too!

Warmest blessings to you and your family,

DA
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
You will get several pieces of advice here it is a good place to come with that type of issue. Pray to God to build a hedge of protection around you and your baby. Put your faith in God and he will take care of you. Jesus is all powerful in these and all situations. If something starts like that again just simply say "God Rebuke You" or "Get out in the name of Jesus". They don't hang around to hear anymore. Get a Bible and read it, learn more of who Jesus is and what He has done for you and me, you will understand then why things of the paranormal quake and tremble at just the mention of His name.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: