You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Experiencing Something Paranormal?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Experiencing Something Paranormal?

 

Right to start off with I have yet to form an opinion on the paranormal... Is it real or not I can't say for sure... But lately I've noticed strange things happening around me.

My first unusual experience was when I was a teenager. It was a night like any other; I went to sleep as usual... But for some reason I woke up at about 3:15 in the morning. My room had an armchair facing the bed, and I could swear a man was sitting in it staring at me. I asked who it was with no reply and scooted along my wall to turn on the light, but when I did nobody was there. This unnerved me for a while until I just seemed to forget about it. Then about 3 years later I was speaking with my mother and sister about this incident and it seems they both have seen the same man, wearing the same vest in our bedrooms at different addresses and different times. None of us had ever spoken about this until then so this was very unusual. I haven't seen this man since.

Now I don't know if this is connected but lately (approx. 4 years later) I feel unsettled at night. I have been asked by the people living with me what the banging and scratching coming from my room at night is (nearly on a daily basis). Also when I walk into rooms around the house objects just seem to move or fall over for no reason at all. I am having a lot of trouble sleeping no matter how tired I am, but if I do get to sleep I always wake up between 3:00-4:00 and my bedroom is extremely cold. I also could swear I heard someone talking in my ear whilst I was lying down and their breath on my face. My friend in the room next to me has also heard footsteps coming from the kitchen, up the stairs and stop when they reach my bedroom door. He thought it was me but I am certain it isn't.

I don't know if all this can be explained away... All I know is at the moment I'm very worried if it is something paranormal. Can someone help shed some light on this for me? If it is paranormal, what could it be? Is it trying to scare me or tell me something?

I am very unnerved by these events; if it is paranormal what can I do to help stop it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Underdog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Underdog,
Sometimes we all forget one of the most basic rules of the game when dealing with the paranormal. So let
Me remind everyone what that is:

Exhaust all other possibilities first. The paranormal is what you're left with when all other avenues have failed to bring forth a resolution.

So once again I will offer up 'Night Terrors' as a possible cause for what you have been experiencing.
Here are some of the symptoms/signs of Night Terrors:

1) Wake with a feeling of someone in the room with you

2) Thrashing around in bed, others can hear you from outside your room

3) Believed to be genetic/ other family members with similar experiences

4) Will follow you from one residence to another

Jav.
Vermillion625 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Also most of the time the spirit isn't conscious of it's actions. The events are commonly reoccurring and go in a constant cycle. It is a hard task to stop the cycle but one way is to speak with a local priest for a house cleansing; it may remove any unwanted spirits.
Good luck:) ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Hey, also just to ascertain a pattern of all the activities why don't you maintain a journal. Incidents you have narrated seem so far and apart from one another it may be tough to say if we are dealing with one thing or many different things.

Write down what happens with the date and time and see if it is all connected... Just a suggestion.
Vermillion625 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Like DeviousAngel said, this is quite possibly a residual haunting. Typically a residual haunting is when a spirit is unaware that it hasn't been able to pass on so it's left over energy begins to manifest itself.
P3ach3z98 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I don't know how you were so calm when you saw the man, if it was me (honestly) I would throw a pillow at the man and scream close my eyes while I run out the room
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
If you want my opinion I believe it is an entity, not necessarily evil although possible. I have experienced similar events and occurrences especially in my last property. I began experiencing nightime scratching and objects being moved around after I moved my bed from one room to another due to a problem with damp Walls. The room me and my wife and child moved into was very cold too but didn't have any damp which we found strange. I also heard a voice once very clearly I to my left ear whilst lying on my right side. One solution maybe to change rooms. The solution I used was to play the second chapter of the Quran (Surah Baqarah) once a day for three consecutive days at a volume level loud enough so that I could hear itfrom any room in my house. The entity an strange occurrences just stopped immediately. I hope this will help you. Peace
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Underdog,
I'm leaning toward "Night Terrors" as a possibility. Mainly because the problems you've laid out mainly revolve around your problems sleeping, the noises the other people hear coming from your room at night while you sleep, the stranger in the room, and other family members having experienced the same phenomenon at different times and in different residences. This is usually more prominent in children, however, adults also suffer from this sleep disorder. Especially within families.
Just Google Night Terrors and you will find a wealth of information, including 'Help Lines' that you can call anytime day or night, should you need it.
I hope this helps.

Jav
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
What darkness and deviousangel said are good theories but here is another one. One of friends experienced this also. Why don't you go see a doctor? I'm not call you crazy, in fact, I believe what you are experience can be in part with the paranormal. My friend has trouble sleep even when she was extremely tired. If she finally dose off for some reason or another she would wake up at the same time, every time. The doctors finally told her that she had insomnia and put her on medication and told her to do things like going to the gym or joining a yoga class. She still has some troubles here and there but her condition is so much better than before. So, why don't you check that with your doctor first then we see what we can do about the paranormal.

In the mean time, why don't you keep something of a religious value from your chosen faith or something that puts out positive energy.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Underdog: Welcome to YGS, DeviousAngel may be on to something regarding the Poltergeist activity, may I ask how old you are? It is thought that teenagers especially females but males aswell, can subconciously cause these things to happen ie: objects moving, sounds on walls, noises etc. They think this is caused by some people under stress, emotional turmoil or even hormonal peaks, it is a build up of excess psychokinteic energy.
Remember this is only a theory and I could very well be wrong it could be something completely differant just something for you to consider. DeviousAngels spring cleaning idea is also a very good idea. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
This sounds like typical poltergeist activity. Most of these types of hauntings are residual--meaning, just leftover energy and not an actual intelligent haunting of an entity that you can interact with. Sometimes it can be cured by doing a little spring cleaning, airing out the house, and burning white candles or sage throughout the house. It seems to help rid houses of the excess energies in them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: