You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: My Brother is Experiencing a Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother is Experiencing a Poltergeist

 

As you may know, I recently wrote a story about my experience in my brother's old apartment last summer. This time, it's not me who's experiencing things. It's my brother, and it's in his new apartment, just blocks from the one where I experienced what may have been his landlady's dad's spirit. We think this new one in his new apartment is a poltergeist, but we're not quite sure. Hopefully some of you can help explain this.

Let's start with what my brother calls his "bed scare..." This happened to him about two weeks ago. He had been through a pretty eventful day with his new job. He decided to play all the day's events back through his mind over sleep. As he was lying in bed, he felt the hair stand up on his arms, and the back of his neck. He started having feelings that he wasn't alone. Then, before he knew it, he felt something creep up from the end of his bed and lie next to him. He froze in terror. He could actually feel it's breathing in his ear, and feel it moving around. Then, he got up enough courage to tell it to leave. A few seconds after he did that, the breathing in his ear stopped, he no longer felt that he wasn't alone, and the whole atmosphere changed back to normal.

Some other "poltergeist like" activity started occurring about 4 days after. He came home from work, and found that the pillows on his couch had been set down on the ground, all lined up in a neat fashion. He also found ALL of his lamps and lights on, as well as his ceiling fan in his room on. He told me that he makes sure that EVERYTHING is picked up and turned off before he leaves for work, and he's is VERY sure that he turned everything off and picked everything up that morning before work. This same thing happened the next day, and then suddenly ceased.

Another minor thing was that he would be sitting down eating dinner in his living room watching TV, and the TV would turn off. It would be off for a minute or two, then it would turn back on. This happened several times, and he made sure that no one shorted a breaker or anything like that. One night when this happened, he finally got so mad that he said loudly "TURN IT BACK ON PLEASE!" He told me that not even a second after he said that, the TV turned right back on.

All of the activity ceased for about two weeks, until two mornings ago, when he had another "bed scare," and it happened the same way the first one did. I was just wondering if any of you had any idea what this is. We think that it might be a poltergeist created by all of his tension and stress and negative energy, but we're not sure. Thank you so much everyone!

Other hauntings by Derek15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Derek15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Ive read all these poltergeist story but none of them resembles my passenger ghost story where I was trhown in the air with the chair!... Is it possible that only I experienced this, I don't think so... 😕 😲
crmanddkp (18 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
hey can you tell tha basics that you do know I have been inerested in this kind of stuff for about a year and a 1/2 but I can never find anything on it, well yeah can you cantact me on teach me about some stuff you may know and I have a question for you!
please get abck to me when you can/ when you have the time. Please and thank you! 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Remember a poltergiest is a ghost who play tricks (playful if you must) they would hide your keys, usually they would tend to piss you off. But it seems like your brother is dealing with a ghost. Not to be afraid, this ghost is probably looking after your brother, if this ghost can actually hear your brother, maybe get your brother to talk to it as if it were real. Like before he leaves the apartment tell the ghost to have everything the way it is before he leaves (sometimes a ghost can get another person mistaken for a loved one) Get your brother to say his full name and his life. The ghost will maybe realise they have the wrong person, they will leave.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-24)
Hello Derek. I think you may have a story here about a ghost, and not a poltergeist. I think. I would also have your brother burn the lavender incense. Not only does it have a soothing scent, it seems to "sooth" the soul too. So while your brother is mulling over stressful and not so stressful days at work, he can be putting his mind on the mend also. It is very effective. Thank you for this story.
ritasilvera (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
This entity does not seem harmful but is just playing tricks. You can very polietly tell it to keep it short and less active say it with good words and not to creep you in the bed as that is not so aceepting. I think it should stop. Also inform that it is a little inconvinent since it messes things. Try conversing with it in a day by saying Hi or just saying something it just wants some company too so try not to be rude only if after all these measures it does not then you can be a bit rude. A polite word always helps with humans and others too. Do comen back on what happens
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Sounds as if there is certainly some type of activity occuring in the apartment. Poltergeist or not, something. I think often times entities of all kinds are grouped in to the category of poltergeist because it is easier and more people can identify with the term. It may not be that. Like I said, regardless of catergory, it sounds as if something is happening.

I would suggest placing a cross in each of the rooms, especailly the bed room. Try praying, read aloud from the Bible and mean it. If these activities fit within your belief system, they should help.

When your brother tells 'it' to leave him alone during the 'bed scres' or gets angry as if when turning back on the television, have him tell it to leave and not return in the name of the Lord.

God Bless!
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Thanks so much for this you guys! Yes, this does seem very strange, and his experiences usually happen about two or three weeks apart from one another. I'll tell him about that smudging thing. He is also going to see a counselor, and tell her/him about these experiences. But, yes, I'm open to more suggestions!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
Hmm, makes me wonder why so many people now a days are experiencing poltergeist type activities. Doesn't sound like you brother has much to worry about. He is not being harmed in any way. Other than maybe a little lost sleep. Tell him to try burning some lavender incense through out his apartment and see if this helps to lessen his experiences or stops them all together.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
Hi Derek! I personally do not think that it is a Poltergeist. Poltergeists are usually noisy and diruptive not silly like lining up pillows or crawling up in the bed or simply turning the t.v. On and off. It sounds more like a ghost or spirit to me. Has your brother had any experiences with the paranormal before the two apartments? I would say it could be the ghost from the previous apartment but I doubt it. Ghosts, I believe, stay where they haunt. Spirits, however, are at a higher level than ghosts. They can go where ever they want when they want. On the other hand, your brother just might have all the luck to keep moving into places where there are ghosts/ghost. There are lots of possibilities. It all sounds like pretty harmless activity except the bed thing, that in itself is the creepiest of all! I myself have experienced something crawling up from the end of my bed and spooning behind me. I didn't hear any breathing or anything. This was at about 10AM. It, thank God, has never happened again. I have experienced things of the paranormal type in every single house I've lived in as well as experiences in other people's house. There are ghosts and spirits around us all of the time, we just don't realize it. There are around 50% of people who have ESP and are able to see, hear and feel these beings from another realm. Your brother obviously is one of these people, as well as yourself. Telling this being to leave when it makes him uncomfortable was the right thing to do. It has always worked for me. If your brother wants to try and rid the apartment of this entity then I would get suggestions from Shane on the smudging ceremony. It could be your brother that is haunted so he might want to bless himself. Also, about your brother's negative energy he's dishing out, how long has the stress and tension been going on? It could very well be the reason why he is experiencing these things. At the height of my experiences, and they were scarier then lights being turned on, I was going through a lot of stress. When I look back and wonder why things aren't happening like they used to, which I'm glad, I realize that I'm not under the kind of stress I was under before or possibly taking the wrong path in life. After I met my husband everything seemed to disappear at once. I still have experiences but not like they used to be. I was always scared to be alone. I always had this huge white candle lit in my house all of the time. Well, sorry this was so long but I can talk up a storm once I get going. =) I hope I helped a little at the least. Good Luck and talk to Shane about what your brother can do to rid himself of this thing. Thanks for your story!

😊 -Shelby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: