You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow With Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow With Red Eyes

 

When I was younger I experienced a few odd occurrences that I knew my family's house was haunted. This experience shook me the worse and 18 years later, still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

I was 13 at the time, my whole family and I were witting in the living room watching TV. Got up to go to the bathroom, as soon as I got to the hallway I already started feeling the hairs on the back of my neck starting to stand. I turned to go down the hallway and at the end of it there's a large black figure with red eyes staring right at me. This had to be about 6'3-6'5 range, I could make out the head, shoulders but from the shoulders just went straight to the ground, no other definition besides just being pitch black.

I was completely paralyzed, couldn't move, couldn't blink, just had to stare at this thing like it had a lock on me. The air around me was so dense and all sound was tuned out. I don't know how long I was there for or how long it lasted but in a flash it darted down our other hall towards my parents room. As soon as it took off I was able to move again. Freaked out I ran back into the living room to see if somebody was messing with me, but my mom, step dad, brother and sister were all there. I'm not religious, but this has made me question that all my life. I could feel it was pure evil, there was no mistake in that. Whatever it was, it had a horrible presence. That was the only time I ever saw it. Odd little things continued, but nothing like this experience. Thought it was all over, years down the road, I ended up telling my mother what I saw and this panicked look came on her face. She then explained to me that my little sister also saw this same object and explained what it looked like exactly like I did. She was also around 13 at the time. This time the figure was standing in her door way. My sister also only saw it once, never again.

Always wondered why my sister and I were the only ones to see it. If it truly was evil which I felt the second I saw it, why did it just go away? I'm certainly glad it did! Just always had many questions regarding that experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mothman125, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Azraa (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-07)
Woww, I jus posted a story about a black shadow with red eyes and cowboy hat which is yet to be published. The difference is I am not sure if I was awake or dreaming when I saw it because I was having a sleep paralysis episode. 😕
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Sounds a bit like a rite of passage into your teen years. The 'thing' able to show itself only at a certain time, although makes itself known in other ways over the years.

Fear and the sense of evil usually go hand in hand. Unknowns are often branded evil until they become known. Probably just caught you off guard.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Enlightened1959:

"...I don't consider myself religious either but I am a born again Christian and I do believe this is an entity straight out of hell..."

Sounds pretty religious to me! 😆
Larvae (4 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Maybe it wasn't evil. I am not sure what these shadow creatures are also I have experienced something similiar as in I have seen a shadow man black,tall,red eyes.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
Eh?

There are times and ages that come together that allow for sight 'across the veil' (people seeing into the spirit world) and it sounds as if during a certain stage of Puberty this happened to both you and your sister when you were about the same age... One question about that: How many years 'apart' were you born?

As for 'What' you saw... There is no quite telling, although with the absence of activity in your home involving this 'Shadow Spirit' it seems that the both of you saw a traveling spirit as it passed through.

Thanks for sharing,

Respectfully,

Rook
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Your profile name alone sounds like you may have an idea of who this was. I have read a lot about the mothman prophecies and this thing sure fits the description! I don't consider myself religious either but I am a born again Christian and I do believe this is an entity straight out of hell.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: