You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Shadow Stalker

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Stalker

 

My whole life I've had something following me. At first I would just feel a presence around me but as I got older it worsened. I was 11 when I had my first actual contact with the entity. It was late one night when I decided to grab a drink, I opened by eyes and when I sat up I noticed my bed was surrounded by bugs. Cockroaches, spiders, and etc. Surrounded me. I was so terrified I couldn't move, I was frozen I couldn't even scream for help.

That happened many times from that day on and each time I would finally jump from my bed crying go to the bathroom, wash my face and grab something to try to kill the bugs with, but when I get back there's nothing. The next morning I would tell my mom but she would just say it was a dream, even tho I was awake.

We moved from Colorado to Ohio in about 2007. We moved into this nice house in a nice neighborhood located in Gahanna. As soon as I got there I felt like a force pulling me towards the house. I told my parents I didn't like the house and something felt wrong about it but the usual they just ignored me. So after a week everything was fine nothing happened even my 'dreams' stopped, I was glad we moved away and I thought everything was OK. Nothing lasts for long, because after the week the real hauntings began.

It was night around 8Pm and the whole family was down stairs, we were all enjoying and laughing when my mom's phone started ringing up stairs. I was around 12 then turning 13 in a couple of months the eldest of us 4. My mom told me to go get it for her, I got up and went up the stairs. I passed the first stair case without an issue but just I turned to climb the other stair case I felt something or someone apply force on me. It made it really hard to climb but I did it. My parents room was right across the stairs so I went in a fetched the phone, I felt someone was watching me so I turned and there it was a shadowy figure. I froze with fear, it walked back and ran really fast down the hall and into my room. I ran down the stairs trying not to look scared to my parents. I told my dad later that night and asked if I could sleep with my twin brother. I'm older than him by 5 minutes.

I told my siblings and my parents that there's a ghost in our house but they wouldn't believe me. My siblings finally saw what I saw one day. We were all in my twins room playing a game. The door was wide open and just like a flash of light the shadow passed across the hall into my room. I saw it and faced the door and pointed, "Guys look he just passed, I swear!" I said. But when I looked back they were all scared. Finally they had seen it, I was really excited. Suddenly they started pointing towards my back and when I looked there it was the shadow standing at the door. We screamed as loud as we could and our mom came running in but the shadow figure disappeared into my room. My mom asked what happened and we told here.

Coming from a Muslim family we believed that God didn't only create humans and animals and etc. But He also created another unseen entity called the Jinn. The Jinn was created before mankind and used to room the earth until they brought destruction on the earth so God had the angels kill them all unless they found a baby. They found a baby named Iblis which was raised by the angel and later became the devil we all know about. Anyways Jinn still exist some bad, some good. Everybody is born with a Jinn companion and he/she is usually the little voice you hear when you're trying to make a decision. To calm us down my mother told us that the shadow was her Jinn watching over us. We believed it and for a long time when we saw him we just called him by the name our mother taught us Oddey.

My siblings felt safe around him but I didn't. As I grew I would see him more often not like them which would just see a shadowy figure run across the hallway. I didn't see just a shadow anymore I would see a man with red eyes. I remember one as I was in my parents room looking for something in their cabinet, I looked up and saw something behind me through the mirror. It was old man with a hat and it was like I was in a trance. When I turn around there's nothing there and so I look back to the mirror I see there's blood I look at my hands and I'm bleeding. I look up at the mirror again terrified and confused and right behind me this time it's the man he opens his mouth and the mirror cracks. I screamed and my parents run in. They see the blood and the mirror which is cracked but it's still in place. There's writing and it says "I am not Oddey!"

My parents took me to an Islamic preacher and had an exorcism done on me. I told them I was not possessed but they didn't believe me. They had the house blessed but my dreams got worse after that. The entity whatever it was jinn or ghost started getting more physical. I would wake up feel someone choking me. I had hand imprints on my neck and would show my mom. Finally my parents took me to Africa because they thought I was still possessed and needed a more powerful exorcism.

I'm 20 now and the dreams have stopped but I'm not scared anymore, I actually want to talk to him and try to figure out what he is trying to tell me. I still see him but not as frequently as before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JethroJ133, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
Yes, I know... I saw that... AFTER I signed up lol. I totally get that... But, they don't tell you that until AFTER you sign up. I went to "submit a story" before signing up... Didn't say they weren't accepting. It said I needed to sign up to submit. So I immediately sign up, then it says that lol. I'm just saying I wish the link told you that BEFORE signing up. Just seems like a way to get more accounts. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, just saying what my experience was, & that this is how it appears to be set up for whatever reason. Maybe they need more volunteers? Have a blessed day. 😊 ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
A quick note for Pandora:

When YGS isn't accepting new stories, it is because there's a massive pile of stories for the Mods to work through. They have to read all of the stories first to make sure they qualify for publication on the site. That's all it is. As the Mods are purely volunteers, they sometimes have their real lives get in the way of moving through the in-box as quickly as they'd like. They usually get caught up in a week or so.
-Biblio.
Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
I had never heard the Iblis story like that. That's interesting. Raised strict Christian, (which I've fallen away from due to all the disgusting hypocrisy and evil I've witnessed from church & family memebers), I thought I'd have heard that. I have always researched other religions as well, in my quest for truth.
We are told we are all born with a guardian angel, but you're told you're born with a Jinn instead. (Technically both are angels, one is just supposedly fallen, eh)?
Yeah, I've only heard the fallen angel / Nephilim stuff. (Fallen angels came to Earth and mated with Earth women. Their offspring were called The Nephilim). Never heard that The Creator said to leave the baby ones alive. I was under the impression God wanted and commanded those dead too, as they were an abomination. He says they were on the Earth in those days and also after that.
Man... Religions are so fascinating to research. I've been reading sacred-texts (dot) com as they have the most insanely extensive site I've seen for these studies.
It sounds evil to me. No doubt. & also, what happened in Africa?
Oh... So I've seen "the hat man". In shadow form. (Yours may be a little different)? He was really big and tall, and had on a trench coat and fedora type hat. He was only a shadow, blacker than black. (This was during a sleep paralysis episode, and my ex boyfriend saw it also). One of many experiences I've had and will share once they open up submissions.
(So annoying, as I only signed up to share. They don't bother saying they're not accepting new stories, until AFTER people sign up, so they can get more sign ups I guess). Seems kind of shady of the site, but whatever.
Good luck, and may you be blessed, protected and safe. Truly. Sending you love and prayers.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-10)
...and apparently "Iblis" who was a spirit who refused to acknowledge Adam's superiority to him. 😁
Iblis (1 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-11-10)
The only spirit I know is God (almighty) who manifests itself in all things natural and supernatural - good and evil to us.
Even the Son paid the ultimate price. We all do.
why_not (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Hello Jethro,

I, just like Tweed, have some questions if you don't mind.

Do you think it's possible it was you who wrote in the mirror? Maybe you were temporarily possesed (just an idea as you said you felt like in trance)?
Was it your blood on the mirror?
How did you cut yourself? (if you did) was it with a part of the mirror?

Hope you're all right and so is your family

Best wishes,
Why_Not
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Ah Jethro, it all started so well.

Ok, a few questions if you don't mind.

Where did the blood come from?
Were you cut?
What was used to write on the mirror?
Did the writing remain on the mirror?
What happened in Africa? It seems a bit strange you mention this without further details.

I hope you can clarify and explain some points for me as I'm finding it hard to believe some of the details in this.
Until then, I can only imagine you were haunted by Odie:
Http://www.onedomain.com/Resources/odie_1.png
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Hi Jethro J133,

Bugs all around your bed?! YIKES! THAT would TOTALLY freak me out! 😨 😐 Please tell me what DREAMS you are talking about? Do you mean all the different experiences you had and are referring to them as DREAMS?

It sounds like the experiences you were having in Colorado were different than the ones in the house in Ohio albeit paranormal in nature, is that correct? Has EVERYTHING stopped happening since you turned 20 or do you still have any fleeting paranormal experiences? It is an important question in regards to finding out some answers to why these things have happened to you over the years. Quite scary ordeals that you have gone through regardless! Bless you and am looking forward to your reply

Twelveam

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: