You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

New House Ghost

 

We, my wife and pet dog Sasha, moved into a newly constructed home in an expanding village just outside of Aberdeen Scotland. It had all the trappings we wanted of an expensive home.

We had been in the house for a few months when we noted that the perfume bottles stated being moved around each night in the bathroom. We both accused each other of moving these, but neither confessed to it.

I was in the living room one evening and I heard what I thought was my wife running up the stairs, so I shouted to her was every thing ok? To my astonishment she replied from the kitchen. I said I heard her running upstairs... But this was not my wife.

On another occasion I heard what I thought was a baby crying upstairs... No one in the street had a baby, so this ruled this out.

With regards to the perfume bottles these were still being moved around and on another occasion one of the bottles was found on the floor, which was concrete tiles... Not broken.

I secured work overseas and with this things started to get worse as my wife was left alone in the house (along with Sasha the collie dog). One one occasion she was in the kitchen when a bottle of wine came out of the wine stand and landed on the floor and did not break. On another occasion she heard a noise that sounded like electric drilling in a cupboard and on opening it the stick on light came flying off the wall.

My wife started to get worried as she feared for her safety. One night she was in bed when something grabbed the dogs head and moved it from side to side violently. And then noises were head on a constant basis, scratching etc in the room.

She decided to have a priest come bless the house, one did come but soon went back out again. So she called the church and they sent out another, who blessed the home. He advised the house could have been built over a burial ground.

We believe there was more than one entity in the home.

But enough was enough and we decided to sell the home and moved off overseas.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Keith22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Keith22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
Hi Trident,
Yes I think you are correct in saying that they did not want us there for sure... It could have got worse as you say.

Thanks for your feedback and take care.

Keith 😊 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
Hi Keith22

From what you have experienced in that house it seems a/a few entities really didn't like your presence in the house or just were all around nasty and wanted to scare you out of the house.

Definite smart move to sell and move on, even after the blessing was done. For most of us blessings aren't always enough and who knows how badly it could have escalated if you had stayed?

Xxx
Triden
Keith22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Hi Enlightened1959,
Thanks for your feedback, yes it was wise to move out of that home for sure. Luckily we have not had any other experiences in our other homes... Although we did purchase one and was later told by the previous owner it was haunted.

Thanks
Keith 😢 😢 😢
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-10)
Hello Keith,

WOW! I have had similar experiences in different homes over the years. I've lived in many homes, most I did not experience any activity but there has been a few that I have had a lot of activity. I have submitted some of my stories but they have not yet been uploaded. Look for "The Paw Paw House" and also "The unwelcomed Tennant". These are two homes I've lived in that there was a lot of activity. Anyway, I think you're smart by moving out.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: