You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Silent Street

Real Ghost Stories

Silent Street

 

This happened about 2 months ago. My family had to attend a wedding. So we got ready about 7 p.m. And decided to leave. We were just 4 people so we took our car to reach the place. We had a good time there with our relatives and friends. "I think we should leave now, you and your brother have school tomorrow" my dad said. So I said yes and we left for home.

We finally reached home. Everybody was exhausted and looked sleepy. I looked at my watch, it showed 11: 43 p.m. We slowly moved out of car, entered home and changed our clothes. My brother and parents fell to sleep quickly. I,on the other hand watched t.v. For a little and then when I was about to go to bed I realized that I left my cell in the car. I didn't want to disturb my parents so I picked the car's key and quietly moved out of the house. We parked our car a little away from our home as someone else had already parked his car at our place. As I walked towards the car, I could feel the silence in the street. There was literally no one in the street. I reached my car, unlocked it and entered and close the door. There on the dashboard I found a phone, it was my dad's. A smile came across my face. Then I started looking for my phone. I couldn't remember where I kept it so I searched here and there, but couldn't find it. I started looking down on the mat when suddenly someone banged my window. I moved my head up and looked outside the car. Nobody was there. I was sure someone banged because there were impressions of someone's hand left on the window. I wondered for a little but then again began searching my phone. When I failed to find it, I took my dad's phone and dialled my no. I heard my phone vibrating but it was very faint. I was not able to tell from where it was coming. I again dialled and again my phone's vibrating sound came. I looked for it here and there but didn't find it. I got a bit puzzled. Then out of nowhere, again someone banged the window and this time harder. I looked outside again and like before there was no one. Now I was scared, I started sweating. My breathing became fast. I decided to not leave the car and completely locked all doors and shut my eyes.

After about 4-5 minutes I calmed down a bit, opened my eyes and looked outside, still no sign of a person there, just complete silence.

Then gathering some courage, I again dialled my no. This time someone picked it up. I was taken aback by this and said hello. It was my brother on the other side. I got some relief listening to him. He asked me " where are you?" I told him that I left my phone in car and had gone to take it, I asked him where is he right now? He replied "when we reached home after wedding, I saw you leaving your phone behind in car so I picked it up and brought it home and forgot to tell you" I was shocked hearing this. Few minutes before I heard my phone vibrating and I started arguing with him just then my attention went on the handprints on the window caused by banging. I looked into them for sometime and then I realized something and started screaming. What I realized was that handprints on window were not from outside the car but from the inside. I started panicking, opened the door of car in hurry and rushed to my home screaming. My brother met me at the door and asked about my state "what happened, I heard you screaming on phone?"

I told him about all this but he didn't believe and instead focused on calming me.

I even told my parents but they also didn't believed it and called it hallucination due to tiredness and daydreaming. Only I know this was real and this incident still gives me chills.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, habtx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Elina_ghostly (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Oh god it was too creepy if I would have seen this sure I'll scream and faint. Well thanks for sharing and thank God that the ghost did not hurt you [ 😁
habtx (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Hi bibliothecarius,
They didn't check maybe because handprints are not a proof of a ghost. It could be of anyone (me, my dad, my friend).
The car was purchased brand new.
My dad also forgot his cell in car. Thats why I smiled.
Nothing strange related with that car has happened before.
I hope this clear your doubts.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Hello, habtx.

First, permit me to apologize if my comment gave any offense. As I stated in my second comment, "I did not want to call the OP ("Original Poster") a fraud or a liar without first asking if there was a simple explanation." Thank you for providing that explanation.

The part of your narrative I find disturbing and peculiar is that the handprints were on the inside of the car window, but that no members of your family were willing to go to the car to either validate or to explain away your experience. That said, most of the handprints --on any window-- are on the inside, particularly in cars.

I do have a couple of questions, if you don't mind responding to them: Has there ever been any other peculiar behavior in or around that vehicle? Did your parents purchase the car brand new, or was it a previously-owned car? Why would your dad leave his cell phone on the dash board, where any potential thief might see it? Why on earth would your family not investigate the potential threat to you and/or the car, even to help calm your fears?

Thanks,
Biblio.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
habtx,
I'm glad you decided to share that with us. 😊
Yes, sometimes it does take awhile for stories we receive to become edited. It just depends on how many are in the queue waiting vs the time constraints we have. However, I totally get being anxious to get your story 'out there'.
habtx (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
This is my own real experience! Yes, I also posted it on ghost confession stories because here it was taking a long time. Although I didn't post on IISR. But I didn't copy it, this is my own confession.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Good catch, Biblio! Martin will be checking into this.
You're correct (of course) that we have zero tolerance for plagiarism and it is considered a bannable offense. If we had an emoticon for a star, I'd give you one. 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Thanks for the compliment, DirtCreature.
Lady-glow, 😊.

This story had the structural flow of a fictional narrative, more than a personal experience, so I did some cursory checking. There is still every chance, given the publication dates, that all 3 submissions were written by one person posting it on different sites over the course of a few days. I did not want to call the OP a fraud or a liar without first asking if there was a simple explanation.

-Biblio
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Biblio: I'm sure that, after reading your comment, habtx will definitely stay as silent as the street where he had this experience. 😜
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-17)
Someone make Biblio a mod (if he would accept OuO). He's so cool and smart.

It seems people don't read the guidelines before posting if the story belongs to them. It may be a little long but it is important to make sure you understand your "rights" on any site per say.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-17)
Greetings, habtx.

As a point of curiosity, are you also known as "Ghost Confessions Stories" and "Confessions Of IISR" on Facebook? This narrative was posted on October 12th here: facebook.com/GhostConfessionsIndia/posts/1219300704799390comment_id=1219508821445245&comment_tracking=%7B"tn"%3A"R0"%7D
It was posted on October 14th, here: facebook.com/ConfessionsOfIISR/posts/614720612040495

If your narrative is a copied & pasted one, you have broken the submission guidelines: Do not copy stories from other people on the web and worse, pass it as your own. First, this site is for publishing your personal experiences, and second, it is a breach of copyrights. We have zero tolerance for plagiarism and it is considered a bannable offense.

If your narrative is a true one, and you are both of the other people posting it on the other website, you are still breaking the guidelines: The submission to this site must be original (not copied), in good taste, legal, accurate and true, non-defamatory, non-threatening, non-confidential, non-infringing of copyrights owned by others and relevant for this site.

Please explain this irregularity. Thanks.

Just trying to make sure that the integrity of the YGS site is not compromised.
Biblio.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-17)
Hi Habtx,

Thanks for sharing. The thingy says you won't participate in discussion, but in case you do, I'll ask something anyway!

Is this area generally dangerous at night? If so, whoever was banging may have wanted to scare you back to the saftey of your home. Just a thought.

A very bizarre and freaky experience!
Hasaad (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
It is really a spooky incident. Did you try to find out anything else about it? Is there any possibilities that someone else, I mean a humanbeing was hidden in your car? Whoever got into your car without you guys noticing him or her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: