You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Silent Playmates

Real Ghost Stories

Silent Playmates

 

I was just a little girl in the first grade when this experience happened. I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. My mom didn't turn the night light on for me like she usually does, but there was enough light that I could see through the crack of the door. I could see a tiny blue light in the hallway on the wall at the top of the ceiling. I didn't understand why it was there?

All of a sudden I saw a little girl around my age and a little black dog?! I was so scared, they were just a few feet from the side of my bed. She was just skipping or dancing around back and forth on the side of my bed as her little dog followed, jumping up on her legs. I kept starring with the blankets up to my chin. It was too warm and I was sweating.

I was struck by how you couldn't hear one sound as she jumped around with her dog following after her. There was just enough light in the room that I could see she looked so happy, she was smiling, but I was still so afraid, I couldn't understand WHY she was there?

I don't remember falling asleep, but when I woke up I told my mother all about it at breakfast. She told me it was just a dream. Then I remembered the small blue light in the hallway up at the ceiling. I walked over to take another look, but nothing at all was there. I just went on to school having an ordinary day.

It was night time again and I was in bed ready to go to sleep. All of a sudden there was that little girl with her black dog again! The whole thing just repeated itself same as the night before. I didn't say a word to anyone about it the next day. The tiny blue light in the hallway was there again too. On the third night she didn't return, I never saw her or the little dog and the blue light ever again.

Other hauntings by Cherubim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cherubim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-20)
Thank you Jubeele for telling me this and sharing a link to the meaning of colors. ❤ Most interesting!
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-11-18)
Cherubim,

Not that long ago, I saw a faintly glowing blue circle on the bedroom ceiling for two nights in a row. I had checked at the time if it was the reflection off a device but there was nothing in the room that could have been the source of the blue light. Both times I glimpsed the blue circle, it filled me with a sense of peace, as if someone had dropped by to smile at me or was simply passing through. Then, I remembered your account of a blue light, the little girl and the black dog.

The blue light that you saw does seem to me like an angel's presence. The impression I got was that it was an angel escorting a child to heaven. She had a dog with her as a familiar friend to soothe and keep her company on her journey. Because of your sensitivity at such a young age, that could be how you were able to 'see' them as they were passing through.

I thought of funeral rituals in many cultures, where the family keeps vigil at the wake so that the spirit of the departed can be at ease, surrounded by familiar faces and be happy to move on. When my father passed away, we held a wake for three days and nights.

"On the third night she didn't return, I never saw her or the little dog and the blue light ever again". Perhaps her youthful spirit still wanted to play and romp for a while longer before continuing on her way on the third night. May she now be at peace.

Https://www.amandalinettemeder.com/blog/angels-and-colors-meaning-and-symbolism-of-angelic-light-colors
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-09-18)
Hi Cherubim

From my understanding a blue light is generally the colour of a spirit guide, they are always near by watching over us. The blue represents their enlightenment and wisdom most of the new souls have a white aura. It makes sense to me being as young as you were your spirit guide was keeping a close eye on your experience.

Regards Daz
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-17)
Yes, the blue light was so strange. Actually I've seen a blue light out in the woods where we lived that has always been impossible to explain. The little girl and dog must have been residual since I saw it the same way twice. Thank you for reading my story. ❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-17)
It seems to me that you plugged into a residual haunt. I am happy that, if this was a residual, then it was of one that was happy and positive. I cannot understand the presence of the blue light, though.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
Cherubim - Although I know children have very vivid imaginations, I never discount what they tell me. This is due to the fact that I had some very scary supernatural experiences as a child plus my son had a "friend" when he was a toddler. (If you're interested, I posted that story "The man bites mommy's pants") There were some very interesting comments from other posters which you might like to read.

I'm not trying to promote my own submissions but in lieu of your experience you might like to take a look at it.

By the way, the little girl and the dog sound quite charming 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: