You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotel Room Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Room Haunting

 

I was in Venice, Italy with my wife and some friends, we checked into this hotel, I forget the name because to be honest with you, I did not think I would ever tell this story, but due to this weekends encounter at Alcatraz, I must write. My wife and I enter the room and the room is completely red, red walls red ceiling, red curtains all types of reds with very old and strange furniture made from like bone and mother of pearl. No, I am not the type of person who feels strange things or cold spots and I did not feel anything out of the norm in this room.

So as I check the room and settle in, I wonder to the windows to check out the view. There are two windows, about 48" in height double window that swing open. I notice that there are two sets, an inner and an outer. The windows lock by two steel latches, one high and one low, so you unlatch and swing the widows open and then proceed to do it a second time on the outer windows. The view is beautiful and I have a picture that I will attach later or post so you can see, over looking the canal below and to the right, across the large body of water, a church that was almost glowing against the light grey sky at dusk.

This was kind of chilling but I took no notice to that sort of feeling. Now this is my first experience with anything of this sort. Well we proceed to do our thing that day, shopping, eating and then we return that night to go to sleep. Now thing get creepy. The first encounter was the usual stuff like footsteps and floorboard creeping, all the normal stuff you hear about but never see or hear, well this, I was hearing it, so I awoke to noises in the bathroom that can not be seen from the bed, but I can see the glow in that small hall way of the light on. I call out to my wife to be a little quieter and then notice that my wife is sound asleep next to me. I go the bathroom and all is normal. I turn off the light and back in bed I go, this time I bring the covers slightly higher up my head.

I continue to be awaken by the noises. I am a light sleeper. Now I am awaken by the bathroom once again, this time louder and I notice the glow of the light and yes, again my wife sound asleep next to me, so I proceed to the bathroom, this time to find all our stuff in the bottom of the bathtub, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. I put it all back and back to bed I go. This time covering my self completely with the sheets, just a small enough hole to see out of. Back to sleep I fall.

I am awaken by loud footsteps again, this time at the foot of the bed walking in the direction of the windows and yes, you guessed it, the windows to the left side of the wall fly open and the sheer curtains blow into the room. I did not see anything or anybody. I just closed the windows and got back in bed completely covered this time. That was the last encounter of the night.

I did not tell my wife of the night because we were staying one more night in the room. The second night nothing happened, or I just slept through it. When we returned home I told my wife what happened that night and asked her if she had use the bathroom, to which she answered "no why?" So I told her and you know what she said to me, that when we fist entered the room, she felt weird, almost sick-like and that when she laid down on the bed, the room would spin but she did not want to tell me. She does not drink. So I told her all that happened and she said I should have woke her to change rooms.

This is the first time anything like this has happened to me. This took place in early Feb 2007 and now the encounter at Alcatraz, this weekend 11/21/07, I hope this does not become a regular thing for me. Oh and by the way, we were supposed to go to the winchester house on Friday 11/23/07 but I passed. Maybe I should have gone.

Other hauntings by rxxxone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rxxxone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Yeah, sometimes you have to wait a bit to get your shot at fame 😆 I do hope there is nothing seriously wrong, I'm beginning to worry about Martin. You ok, Captain?
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
I went to Myrtle Beach and stayed in a Hotel that was definetly haunted. I had an experience everyday - more than once everyday too! I am also a ghost hunter, but I did no provoking at that hotel - my son was there...
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
hey thanks for the short description. I read about it and that seems really strange to dedicate the rest of her life to building this house because ghosts told her to. Very dedicated woman. I would love to post my own story but its temporarily disabled for some reason.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Fascinating does not quite convey the feeling of the Winchester House, does it, rxxxone? To spend so many years of your life just dedicating it to building, tearing down and then rebuilding a structure that is not recognizable to the Spirit realm? All I can say is that it takes a certain kind of woman to carry on like that after the death of her husband. I think the most remarkable thing about the home is that the moment the workers knew Mrs. Winchester was no longer among the living they stopped their work. They left nails half way pounded in walls, supplies stayed where they lay... Just the thought of what may be in the houses depths have me thirsting for a visit to the home.
You must look it up on the Internet, chuzwuzum. It is a truly remarkable structure with a truly interesting story.
rxxxone (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
The winchester house is located in San Jose CA and was the home of the famous gun maker. The house known to be haunted by the ghosts of people killed by the famous gun. Look it up on line it is fasinating. Thank you for the post to the story. I hope to read one from you soon.
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
this is a really great story. Very detailed I could actually picture the scene. Can't comment about the winchester house... I'm from australia. What is the winchester house?

any way this is my first post, hopefully I will be able to post a story that happened to me at a party. Very chilling
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Very interesting story thank you for all the detail I really like it when they are written this way it's as if I could almost place myself there.
Great story thanks for sharing!
😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
You DEFINATELY should have gone to the Winchester house. Ah, well...
I shutter to think what may have occurred should you have changed rooms and not had the experience of the first night in that hotel room. How beautiful that this was not a one sided experience, as your wife felt something too. I marvel at your actions. You replaced everything, you kept crawling out of bed and returning, I could actually see the covers going up a little higher every time you returned to bed.
Thank you for a wonderfully written account, and good luck with all the hunting. Just a suggestion for a visit site: Tombstone, Arizona.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
Great story! Yes, you SHOULD have gone to the Winchester house. What happened in your hotel room sounds, to me, like a residual haunting. Like Ohiowath, I love all the descriptive writing. I also think it's a good thing that your a little afraid. You won't take any unnecessary risks, and maybe, just maybe, the spirits will be drawn to you, then you'll have more stories to share with us! Now... On to Alcatraz!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
Wow, this is a great story. I love all the description. It suggests a writer who longs to be understood and thus seems very credible. Please remain alert to this sort of thing from now on and keep us posted. I wonder if you could do some research on the Venitian hotel?

Thanks.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
Way to go, rxxxone! Go get those ghosties! I can't wait to hear about all of your upcoming adventures and haunting experiences! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Sounds to be an interesting visit. Hotel rooms can hold a lot of fascinating and active energy, we often have no idea who stayed in the rooms, what occured there, etc.

Thank you for sharing your story,
God Bless!
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
When I finish school, this is something I want to do. Go to places that are suppose to be haunted, but I would go with my friend. I could never do these things alone, I would probably freak out.
rxxxone (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
i will make the winchester house and have purchased books on places that are haunted. I must say I am a bit scared to though.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Well, rxxxone, I just finished reading your story of Alcatraz and said I was looking forward to your story of Venice, and here it is! Another good one! That's odd how you had experiences the first night but not the second. Your wife had the idea right off the bat, if you'd have shared info with each other you probably would have switched rooms and then you would have missed out! That would have been a shame. After reading these two stories, I wish you would have gone to Winchester House, it could have been very interesting! Thanks for sharing your stories and who knows, maybe you'll have more experiences you can share with us! Thank you!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Maybe you should have. Next time you are visiting one of these site take a camera along and if you notice things happening, start snapping pictures. You never know what you may capture.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: