You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Encounter With A Jinn

Real Ghost Stories

My First Encounter With A Jinn

 

This happened in Gombe, Nigeria. I was like eleven when I decided I wanted my own personal room, I have been sharing a room with my elder brother who's one year older than me. I lived in a three bed room apartment with my two siblings. My sister was having her own room, me and my brother were sharing a single room and our parents were having the other room also. It was a government apartment allocated to my dad when he was transferred to the state.

There was another detached two bedroom apartment in the compound which wasn't occupied so I decided to move there on my own.

But the thing was no one has ever lived there for the past twenty years until the day we moved that it was renovated. I transferred all my things there and slept peacefully for about a week, the problem started when I got a stereo system and I was listening to music on a high pitch for almost everyday. I started having trouble sleeping, I will sometimes wake up and couldn't go back to sleep. That's how I will stay awake until 6am. It went on for like a week. And then one day I felt lucky as I was sleepy, so I went to bed early, I was awaken by an intense pressure I felt on my chest and I was instantly knocked unconscious. I recovered in like five minutes and I managed to see a woman, sitting before me but she wasn't exactly facing me. She was putting on hijab or himar and the way she was seated seemed like she just finished praying facing the qibla (where Muslims face to pray). I closed and opened my eyes for like five times to confirm that I wasn't dreaming and then finally my attention was drawn to a sound I heard beside me, before I turned around she was no where to be found. She just disappeared into thin air without any traces.

I couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night, I covered myself with a blanket despite the unfavorable condition of the weather, it's during the dry season (extremely hot in the northeast). And this thought came to me, probably the jinn use to observe her prayers in the house and the music I played all day long disturbs her that's why she decided to give me a sign. So I decided to get rid of the stereo system the next day and from that day onward I was able to sleep peacefully. I told my dad and he told me that maybe it was the music that attracted the jinn, and encouraged me to pray more and consistently to avoid further encounter and also get rid of anything that has to do with music. At least until everything goes back to normal.

Other hauntings by ynass

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ynass, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thureos (1 stories) (12 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
It's a JINN, not a ghost. It cannot be a previous owner, as it were never human. An explanation would be, as said, that the jinn used the place to pray and were disturbed. As beings of fire, jinns can get really pissed at people screwing their business.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-13)
ynass: thank you for the explanation, now I understand why you were allowed to live alone in the little apartment.

"...some allow their maids and servants to live their..."

It seems to me like your music was disturbing someone's quiet time.
Do you know the history of that house? Perhaps a previous resident still lingers in the place and resented your noise making; though it doesn't look like a malignant presence but more like somebody that was OK sharing the space with you and only was trying to set some limits.
ynass (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-13)
trentinray, thanks for your response. I really had wished for it to be something explanable but it isn't. I know what I saw. And so many things happened after that. This is my first post I will soon publish the rest.
ynass (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-13)
lady-glow, thanks for the response. The separate apartment was part of the apartment allocated to my dad. Its more like a guest house. In Nigeria most government and rich men houses have what we call a BQ (boys quaters), some allow their maids and servants to live their, whilst others use it as guest houses.
Ours was just empty, its within the compound that's why I was allowed to live there. The compound is completely fenced, and you can only hear the music when you are inside the compound. There wasn't anything such as rent and utility bill for a government house. And lastly there wasn't any possibility of a break in because we were having two armed police men as security guards.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-13)
I feel like maybe you should think about other reasons, other than paranormal, for your experience. The weight on your chest and then unconsciousness seem odd to me. Have you had any other symptoms before or since the experience? Shortness of breath? Tightness in any part of the body? What did the weight feel like? I know this happened a few years ago, I don't know how old you are now except young adult, but I thought I should throw this out there just in case. It is possible to have minor or sporadic symptoms of an underlying issue for a while.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-12)
I got taken aback by the fact that an eleven year old kid would be allowed to move alone to an apartment.
Do you mean your father began paying rent and utilities for the second dwelling? 😕

Did you really just covered yourself with the blanket instead of running to your family's apartment after seeing the woman?
Did your parents agree to let you stay alone at the other place after this incident? Did they ever considered the possibility of an intruder breaking in your apartment?
Did any of the neighbors complain about the loud music?

I am not sure what to think about your experience... There are too many things that just don't sound right about it and I'm not sure they can be explained only by cultural differences.
I will appreciate if you can answer to my questions.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: