You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Jonny Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Jonny Man

 

Lately I've been thinking, about how in my early child hood (I was about 3 years) there was the Jonny man. Now my memory is a bit hazy since it was so many years ago but here is what I remember. When I was 2 years old my dad came home with this door stop. It was the size of a child mannequin and had a big bushy beard with a trench coat.

The first time my father bought it home it didn't seem that bad. It was just like a ordinary door stop. After a week I woke up in the middle of the night to find the Jonny man standing at my bed side looking at me. At first I thought it was a dream but now that I'm thinking back on it I don't think it was.

Experiences from the Jonny man are, him being found in random places like our rooms. So this Jonny man, it had these like electronic muscles in its face so you could move its face every single day but only at night it would have the creepiest smile. As if it was gazing into your soul type of smile.

I was so scared I got to the point that every time I saw him I would start crying. My mum would try to help me and she said that I didn't stop crying until I went to sleep. Eventually dad gave up and he chucked the thing out, but was it really gone?

So that night after dad chucked the Jonny man out I hear a scratching on my window. Now as a three year old you don't think rationally so I ran to mums room crying. As we walked back to my room of course there was nothing at the window. I slept with my parents that night.

The next day was the day that the garbage truck came around. As dad went to load the last of the rubbish, he noticed that the Jonny man wasn't in the bin. The Jonny man was in the corner of the backyard. He burnt it after that and we never got hassled by it again.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Lollipopspace

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lollipopspace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
oh good Lord Tweed! Did I cringe reading those names 😆
I remember my mum always freaking out about Peter Russell Clark's hair getting in the food he was making
Wonder if the man ever got a hair net? 😆
Sorry to go off topic, however, yes, Tweed does not lie!
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
Hi guys, as a sidenote, if you post the story from a phone (at least my android) it's not possible to see the full statement of what you are selecting regarding the comments. At least that was the case for me a couple of months back when I last posted. One of my stories says I need help with something even though I didn't really, because of this. However, I think that maybe we just should ignore some posts... 😳
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
Hi, folks. I realize there have been some disappointing posts in the past - people fabricating or plagiarizing stories, trolling other posters, etc. That seems to be an unfortunate reality these days.

Even so, I'd like to make two suggestions:

(1) We don't really know who this o.p. Is. In her previous story she says she's 13 years old. Whether or not that's true, wouldn't it be best just to ignore the story if it seems to be fiction? I think when we get angry or fed up, we still act as "model responders" for new visitors to the site. Just saying.

(2) Should the rules be changed? Should those submitting stories be told they are expected to read and perhaps comment on the responses?

~Seraphina
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Sounds like a very overly complicated doorstop.

Maybe the OP got a doll and one of those little gnome doorstops confused? They can be made of wood (and burned) and they have beards.

I might try and verify the Jonny man with good ol' dad. When I googled it, all I got was Johnny Depp.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
zzsgranny, Wow, I guess he can be a good rugby player LOL

Lady-glow, Oh my... Do kids used to play with those? It is not chewing though...
That's unpleasant LOL

Argette and DirtCreature, Logical...
I am going to agreeing with you guys.

Tweed, Oh John as a toilet?
Jonny Man, the dispenser... Oh my... LOL

This kind of "Goose Bump" ish stories... I found it hard to be trusted most the time and most of the time I am right, fiction or worse, a falsehood.

Will anyone have a clear image of what they used to cry about and what they have done? Yes, she has written "Now my memory is a bit hazy since it was so many years ago but here is what I remember."... Really? Did you not made some up? Or was it a really long nightmare?

As you wish, you don't have to answer anything.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
The description of this door stop reminded me of Peter (g'day) Russell (g'day) Clarke (g'day)...trust me, that's a thing. Also thought of Rodney Rude and Kevin 'bloody' Wilson (actual names). I can imagine novelty 'Aussie' door stops made out of all these guys during the 80's. It's just the kind of thing Australia does. Can also imagine the OP's parents picking one up second hand and being quite proud of it. But I can't find any record of any such novelty door stop existing. I've also never heard of a 'Johnny Man', maybe it was a novelty toilet roll dispenser, might explain the name 'Johnny Man'.
I don't know this write up seems a bit odd to me. 😕
Argette (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
I agree with Ladyglow. The OP doesn't have the guts to stick around and interact. Why? Because he/she is afraid to get cornered.

Where's that blankie? And where's Puff?
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Hmm... If they are lying, the first story could be a water tester for how much they can get away with. I've seen that before on here:/
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
zzsgranny: the description of the Jonny man in the story doesn't match the cartoon like bodybuilder in steroids from your link.😐

It seems to me that the Jonny man in the story is ways too elaborated for a door stop (er), its "...like electronic muscles in its face so you could move its face every single day but only at night it would have the creepiest smile", remind me of a "Baby Alive" doll that actually moves her mouth and 'eats' whatever you put in it and then 'poops' it.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3gP_qBekME

I don't want to think that Lollipopspace is making up his/her stories but, personally, I find it hard to give my trust to someone that is not even going to bother reading the comments to their stories.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
I really have no clue what a "jonny man" is so I figured Google would know. First search only turned up Johnny Manziel haha, but then I found this and it's the only thing.
Http://slugterra.wikia.com/wiki/Jonny_Man

So somebody clue me in? 😆
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Sorry but I have to call bullcrap on this story. There's no commercially available doll now with facial muscles (what more 10-15 years back). Also if there were scratching on the window, a 3 yo child would not have been able to relate it back to the doll.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Since you WON'T BE READING the comments, the only thing I have to say is that Jonny man seems to be a very ugly thing. I wouldn't like to bring one to my house.

Perhaps some animal tried to get it out of the trash can and got scared of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: