You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Farmer

Real Ghost Stories

The Farmer

 

So to give you some back story I'm 13 years old and I live in cairns, Australia. The place that I live was originally built over old sugar Cain farm. So I moved into this house about 4 years ago now, and the house was about four years old when we bought it. About a year after we moved in strange things began to happen. Objects would disappear from their original places, creepy noises in the walls.

This was your typical cliche ghost but then it started to get worse. At 3:00a.m. (the witching hour) I would constantly hear scraping in the wall as if someone was scraping the inside of the wall with a rake. Then in late autumn just after my birthday I woke up. I was sweating severally, so I suspected that the power was out.

As I hoped out of bed I felt something. A HAND. It was soft but it felt strange. I instantly flipped out and tried to get away. The thing had a very weak gripped so I managed to scurry to my brothers room. As I explained what happened to him of course he didn't believe me. He just old me that it was a bad dream, and that I should just go back to sleep.

I new this wasn't a dream though. It was real. I headed to my mothers room to tell her that the power had gone out. When I went in there, was a figure. It was a tall yellowish figure with just a hint of black. When I took another step it turned around. It stared, it started with big giant eyes but only with the white. As I glimpsed at it before I got the hell out of there I could see it was dressed in old 1900s farming clothing.

As I ran back to my room the power had just come back on. I was extremely glad, but I still didn't want to go into my room or my mums room. So I slept on the floor in my brothers room. I have no idea what grabbed me that night or if its coming back for me I have no clue. It has since been 10 months since this account. I think the ghost or whatever it was is gone and I hope that it never comes back.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by Lollipopspace

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lollipopspace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Miracles

The clue is in the first sentence of the second paragraph...it's a bit of a give-away! 😆

Regards

Mack
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
This reads like an episode of Peppa Pig where Peppa and her friends take turns adding to a made up scary story.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Midnight in the olden days was the 'witching hour' because it was a transition between yesterday and today and a bit vague.

Today scientists have mapped the earth's magnetic field and they have found that around 3am, the field is weakest. We are basically furthest from the sun, and closest to outer space-ish (the stuff between us and it is thinnest).

This also is when paranormal stuff peaks, dream activity is maxed, etc., the new 'witching hour' if you will. Makes me wonder about outer space and the human psyche. Anyway...

Are you still around crops? Could the noises be mice or squirrels in the walls? Could you have tripped over a mouse running from under your bed (the weak grabbing)?

Maybe the haunt is yearly or when everyone is asleep, or maybe he's centered in the master bedroom.

Farming anywhere is tough, I can't imagine by yourself in the desert!
Lollipopspace (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Okay wow, I cannot believe how many people have already read my story. I mean this is great. To answer some of your questions yes I do sleep in my own room once again I have no idea why but I guess I shouldn't annoy my brother. Also up in far North Queensland where I live the sugar Cain business is big up here so there could have been farming accidents, murdering over land and aboriginal people also lived on that land so you know. 3am is the whitching hour. Now there are many beliefs about this hour some involve whitches, ghosts but the one I hate the most os when it is said the demons also Rome at this time which I really DO NOT believe in. The account was very scary but lucky for me nothing else has happened so I hope it will stay that way. Thank you everyone so much for reading this means so much to me. Thank you and until next time bye bye
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
By big eyes do you mean the eyeballs were big like the aliens or they were wide open in amazment/surprising state. Was the white glowing or shining?
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Ah! Senhora Tweed! You saved my time lol
I found information that Australian farmers started their farm in deserts and so yes, it was tough for them so yes, there were lots of stress. OK, things are starting to make sense now 😊 Some more info just for myself so still I am doing some more research.

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Roylynx, just a note on Australian farmers in general. I don't have any first hand knowledge of this, only going by what I've heard on news programs and public service adverts. Farmers have it tough in Australia because of the weather. A lot of them also live in isolation, particularly in previous generations. Rural farmers have had a high suicide rate because of the stress and isolation they experience. In recent times mental health awareness and support has helped and this continues to get better.
I never realised there are a lot of farmer haunts in Australia, but it makes sense.

Lollipop, where did you feel the hand? This could go a ways to help with intention. Also when you say a yellow figure do you mean it looked like mist or something else?

Thanks for sharing, sorry you got a big scare!
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
So when you ran you ran to your brother room?
Do you sleep in your room now or not?

Australia seems to have many "farmer's haunt", I wonder do farmers in old days suffer a lot 😕 Research time?

Well, try to find some histories of the place you live, that might give you some clue.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
whitelightlady (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Greetings Lollipopspace,wow, what a frightening encounter. Actually, between the hours of 3-5am is considered"dead time" or the witching hour, as that's when most paranormal activity is the most active. Your house needs a good spiritual cleansing and I would have someone you trust be with you when you do it.Also, burn regular incense from to time, it will help keep ghosts away, good luck to you.
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
3am is not normally associated with "ghosts" (if understood as being the souls of the deceased). Is this the first and only time something has happened?

Regards,
Integrist

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: