You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Crying Ghost At The Hotel Galvez

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Ghost At The Hotel Galvez

 

December of 2005.

Galveston Island, Texas

I decided to get away for a week or so during the first week of December, so I headed down to Galveston. I checked in at my usual hotel, got my laptop set up and then went out to have a bite of dinner. After returning to the hotel, I got all settled in and since darkness had fallen, I decided on a nice, quiet evening in my suite. After some Internet surfing and some reading from my new literary acquisition, "Belushi: A Biography", I felt a bit tired from my drive and decided to go to bed early. Clothes and shoes were doffed, covers were pulled back and my head was on the pillow. After about 30 minutes, I'd finally gotten comfortable. Then, I felt a drop in the air temperature. I smiled and closed my eyes.

Then, I heard it! From the opposite side of the room, there came a low moan. My eyes snapped open and I sat bolt upright in my bed! The lights were on in an instant! The air still had a slight chill to it. I got dressed and went down to the Lobby and asked the Lady at the Front Desk if I could move to another room. She asked me if there was anything wrong with the room. I told her. She gave me the most flabbergasted look you ever saw. As I finished telling her of my situation, another young woman came out of the back office and heard the tail end of my story. She asked, "What's the matter?" The Desk Clerk said, 'The Crying Ghost' is in his room." The hair on the back of my neck stood straight up and it was my turn to be flabbergasted. No one had told me that the hotel was haunted. And it isn't just the room I was in, it's the entire 5th Floor.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghoster2K, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grain_of_sand (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
Very interesting and creepy. And not that unusual either in terms of haunted rooms, houses and hotels etc. You're not alone in that, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Thanks, Val and Sceptic!

You both made me smile.

Now back to reading all the new posts!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Argette,
Don't take Ghoster's leaving personal, you didn't say anything that would/should warrant someone becoming that upset. There's just no explaining some folk's reactions.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Word of the day:

"Flabbergastation"
Courtesy:Macknorton

Theme of the comments section for the day:

Keyboard/Keypad haunted by autocorrect

A premonition because-

🤔 Ghoster has ghosted 😆

Regards
Argette (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Oof, didn't mean to chase anyone away! I've learned that if you post something on any site, you'd better have a thick skin.

So, would it be accurate to say that Ghoster ghosted?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
I hate when people leave without saying goodbye 👋 😉 I have nothing to add to this but have to fill the character requirement.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Ghoster2K

Just to clarify; I'm not "looking for professional writers", nor am I "looking for liars". There were simply some aspects of your experience that genuinely confused me, so I asked for clarification.

If you feel you don't want to elaborate, for the sake of all the many readers here, that's completely in your rights.

Regards

Mack
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Ghoster - I haven't read your experience yet, just the comments and your profile. Frankly, I am surprised at this attitude from an adult male. Before reading your profile, I honestly expected to see you are a teenage 👧

I also didn't read where Mack was asking you to change anything.

Since this isn't your first story on YGS, you should be fully aware that questions are asked amd comments given.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Ghoster, I am sorry (1) about Autocorrect changing your name, and (2) that you're upset.

Your writing is fine. It's just that I've noticed on this and other sites that accounts that read like fiction are often suspect. Sometimes it seems the better the writing, the more suspicious readers get.

I personally find that the use of exclamation points triggers doubt.

Also, excuse me for asking a dumb question that you answered originally, but I did not see. My bad.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Sorry, meant to write Ghoster and not Ghosted. Typos haunt me.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Ghosted--Why are you acting so ornery? You hit the option, "I will read the comments and participate in the discussion." Mack had some questions for you, which is kind of what this whole site is about. Questions lead to answers and sometimes further questions. It's a give and take thing. There's no reason to get upset about questions a member is asking you.

If you don't want to engage the YGS community don't suggest you do.
Ghoster2K (guest)
-4
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Mack, I am also not going to change anything to make you happy.
Ghoster2K (guest)
-4
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
Mack, I am not a professional writer. If you're looking for a professional writer, buy a book.
If you're looking for liars, check out Washington, D.C.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
Mack, I thought so, too. I looked up the hotel and after reading about it, I wondered why anyone would be surprised to find paranormal occurrences there.

I hoped the OP would respond to my question.

Flabbergastation. I like it.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-06-07)
Hi "Ghoster"

Thanks for sharing this account. Are able to please elaborate on the line; "...Then, I felt a drop in the air temperature. I smiled and closed my eyes..." What made you smile?

I assume you were happy that you felt there was potentially a spiritual presence in the room with you, as sometimes a drop in air temperature is associated with spirit (ghost) activity, and therefore you were hopefully going to have some kind of meaningful encounter?

I see in your profile that you are interested in the Paranormal and spirituality. What I'm struggling with in this account, is the apparent contradiction between your obvious interest in experiencing "ghosts", your apparent happiness that you may be about to encounter one, then your very sudden request to "move to another room".

Considering you heard only a noise, which you described as a "low moan", which, let's face it, could have been a number of things, I'm surprised you high-tailed it out of there.

The other aspect which puzzles me is this paragraph:

"...I got dressed and went down to the Lobby and asked the Lady at the Front Desk if I could move to another room. She asked me if there was anything wrong with the room. I told her. She gave me the most flabbergasted look you ever saw. As I finished telling her of my situation, another young woman came out of the back office and heard the tail end of my story. She asked, "What's the matter?" The Desk Clerk said, 'The Crying Ghost' is in his room..."

If the Desk Clerk knew about "The Crying Ghost" already (we know this because she explained it to the other woman) the why did she have a "flabbergasted " look on her face?

"Flabbergasted. /ˈflæbəˌɡɑːstɪd/ adjective. (informal) overcome with astonishment; amazed; astounded..."

Then your final reaction of mutual flabbergastation (I just made that word up) seemed at odds, again, with your interest in the paranormal, at at odds with your previous story where you calmly described an apparition apparently riding with you in your vehicle.

I'm NOT suggesting this is a short fictional story, but for ME, there are so many contradictions in it that it just doesn't sit right.

Regards

Mack
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
I mean Ghoster! I am so sorry.

Autocorrect haunts my keyboard, I swear.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Ghosted, what floor were you on? I understand that makes a difference at the Galvez.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: