You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Snake Shadows On My Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Snake Shadows On My Wall

 

I grew up in a very haunted house. I have had countless paranormal experiences but one of the first ones is still very vivid in my memory. I used to always see shadow people, but this encounter was very different. I was very little, maybe 3 or 4 years old at the most, yet I still remember it like it was yesterday. I would wake up in the middle of the night and look at my wall, and up high on the wall, close to where the wall met the ceiling, I would see a shadow about a foot long that I would call a "snake" because I didn't know how else to describe it at that age. It was an almost sausage shaped, brownish black shadow and it appeared to be moving back and forth across the wall. It was completely bizarre. I saw this for the longest time, just about every night, and I was very frightened by it. I remember one night, the usual shadow was joined by another one, only this one was dark black; blacker than the rest of the darkness around me.

I told my mom that I was seeing "snakes" in my room, and she thought I was just dreaming. But one night, she was sleeping in my room with me, possibly because I had a nightmare or something, and she saw the same thing. She still talks about it to this day and describes it the exact same way I do. We haven't seen it in years but I have never heard of this from anyone else and I am always wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well.

If anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know, because I would love to know that my mom and I are not the only ones.

Other hauntings by EveryHour

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EveryHour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

m_parkes (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-10)
Hello I have had an experience with this entity last night, not me specifically but my two friends and we live in a dorm of 6 people including me, friend 1 who had it appear in his room was startled and was raising his voice about seeing a snake in his room he ran out as it disappeared and he followed it into the corridor where friend 2 came out of his room and saw the black sausage like creature moving in a manner similar to those mentioned in the post above, we are all students and are in our last year as juniors in the UK we are hoping to see it again tonight as I hope to summon it as well
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-23)
Snakeshadow:

If you'd like feedback on your experience, I recommend submitting it as your own narrative so that it doesn't get lost in the general comments on someone else's story.

Best,
Biblio.
snakeshadow (1 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-22)
I have seen this snake shadow twice in my life in my house I grew up in on the Oregon coast. I believe I was 13 the first time. I was home alone and had recently learned a "game" from some so called friends. It was spray my vanity dresser mirror with hairspray, light it on fire and try like heck to put out the fire. Everything went well, night fell, and I lit a candle. I remember this snake shadow just appeared about 8 inches above my vanity mirror. It was roughly 3 feet long, two inches wide, was black and undulated. I remember talking to it for hours I reality and strange ugly creatures appeared in my mind at some sort of flat rock altar. It undulated fairly quickly like a snake and I've always referred to it as a snake shadow because of its steady undulating. While it was there, my lighter lit by itself. I threw it in a glass of water and ran outside and threw it in the briars. I dozed off. The second time I saw it I was 14 in my same bedroom. My mom was home this time and I called her frantically into my room. It was the same size, color and shape and undulating above my mirror. My mom and I searched for a source. It moved up and down the walls and all over the walls for several minutes as we searched for a reason for the shadow which there was nothing. It was dark outside so no shadows from outside. It finally disappeared into a corner in my ceiling right above my bed. I've never seen it since but have searched for anyone who may have seen this. I found this site after all these years as this happened in 1990-1991. I am completely covered in chills still when I think of it. This was 30 years ago nearly and to this day my mom still remembers it. This thing was black and undulated like a snake and interacted with us for a long time until it vanished. We could see it shrink into the corner of the ceiling. It only moved on the walls not in the air. Had other anomolies occur too.
Tiggyracer (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-26)
hi Everyhour,

My name is Tegan and I have also experienced this exact thing in the house I previously lived it. I saw the black snake shadow type mass you have described. It was also extremely black, very very black. I was packing my house and whilst I was sitting on the floor it saw it, about 1 mt long, run perfectly around the skirting board, on the wall around the corner into the corridor. My cat was sitting next to me and noticed it too. She just sat there and watched it and stared. I had /still have no idea what it was and I've told only a few people about it - because it's just too hard to explain. My partner just asked if I've ever googled it and I've found your post.
Tegan- Perth Western Australia
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-11)
I did consider this for a while, but I had heavier curtains back then so I don't think it was a shadow from outside, also it looked like a shadowy, dark mass in the room, not just a shadow on the wall.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-09)
Hi Everyhour,

Have the both of you ruled out something outside or inside the room casting odd shadows? A tree branch or washing hanging on the clothesline, for example, might cast a moving shadow on your roof and wall. 😊
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Glade that it interested you! I wish you all the best!

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
It was so long ago, I don't know if anyone my family knew died at that point, at least I don't think they did, but that is interesting. I can ask relatives if anything happened during that time.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Brownish black showdown... Sausage shaped and moving back and forth across the wall... Can I ask if anyone in your family or people around your family passed away that period? Why I asked is, it could be what people say as a "Death" or "Grim Ripper", a spirit which brings other spirits to the other side. Well I have not experienced any of these but I did read some reports and heard people talking about that... Not sure what exactly that is but there are lots of believes and explanation by other people as well.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: