You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Great Grandmother's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Grandmother's Ghost

 

I have lived in a very active house my whole life. My family, friends and I hear voices and experience poltergeist activity every single day. But one thing that we have only experienced a few times is actually seeing an actual apparition. This is one of those experiences.

I was about ten years old. My mother had picked me up from school and I was walking up the steps to my house. About halfway up the steps, I got a random chill down my spine and I stopped for a minute, knowing that something was up. Usually, when I get that feeling, something happens. Anyway, I stood there for a minute then finished going up the steps. My front door has a small window on the front of it. It's not a very clear window. It has a pattern on it that is translucent, so you can't see through it very well. But there are parts of it that if you go up really close and peek through it, you can see clearly. I went up and peeked through one of the clear lines and saw someone walk into my kitchen. My mom and I were the only ones home and she was still in the driveway, getting something out of her car. I turned back toward the driveway and looked at my mom, wondering if I should tell her. I decided not to and went back to look through again.

When I put my eye up to the door, I saw this old woman standing right in front of me looking back. I freaked out and jumped back, startled and ran back down the steps and into my yard, towards the drive way where my mom was. I started freaking out and told her everything. She passed it off as nothing, but I could tell that she was almost as creeped out as I was. When we went into the house, sure enough no one was there. But I know what I saw.

That weekend, we went to my grandpa's house on the beach. I was in his kitchen and I saw this black and white picture in a frame sitting by the framed pictures he has of me, my mom, my brother, my cousins and other family members. It was that EXACT woman. I'm serious; same clothes, same face, same hair, everything. I freaked out and asked him who she was. He said that she is my great grandmother and that I never knew her because she died before I was born.

My grandpa doesn't believe in ghosts, so I didn't tell him about my experience, but to this day I still feel her presence around the house. But it in no way feels threatening. It feels comforting. I think that she is watching out for me.

Other hauntings by EveryHour

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EveryHour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Hi Everyhour

I realise this is a very old story but forgive me, I was scrolling through your profile and saw this story and was intrigued by the amount of spirit / ghost activity in your house.

Maybe you should invite your Grandpa around to your house? If you, your family and even your friends are experiencing poltergeist activity every day, and you are seeing shadow people, then surely exposing your Grandpa to these activities would change his mind and maybe bring him some comfort?

I would suggest you get a TV crew or someone in to this house so they can record the activity - it sounds intense! They should be able to capture all sorts of stuff if it happens daily? Genuine footage of poltergeist activity is rare and would be like gold if we could capture some.

Regards

Mack
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-07)
I'm very curious too, because my mom wasn't close to her and she never lived in my house. I don't quite get it, but I'm still really glad that she is watching out for me.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
I wonder what she was like in life. Hopefully she didn't mean to startle you. Did she ever live in that house? Just curious if she is hanging around the house or hanging around family members. Thank you for posting this experience.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Dear EveryHour, I also feel that it is the feeling of your great grandmother's presence that you are experiencing. You got scared because you saw her through the glass window and never expected anything when you saw in the window. Grandparents do have the tendency to take care of their grandchildren. Perhaps your great grandmother's presence is for your comfort.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Very interesting expirience I have read many other stories like that. Was your mom close to her? Also I didn't get how your grandma was right in front of the window wasn't on the second floor? Anyway nice story

-paul

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: