You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Seeing Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Shadows

 

I was just wondering if someone could help me. Since I was in my early teens I've had this problem where I feel like I'm being watched and it's still going on. I'm now 32 and I have dreams that I'm in a cafe next to a beach in Los Angeles.

I have since googled the cafe and it's not a cafe anymore it belongs to a production company but the building was once used as a cafe/restaurant I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

It was once ran by the woman in my dream which makes it even more unbelievable, but I keep having the same dream and now I've started to notice strange things happening like for example my cat will growl for no reason at all and want to go outside and she even refuses to come back in.

Last year I decided to do some research on the building I keep dreaming about and true enough it was a roadside cafe belonging to an 1930s actor who once used the upstairs as an apartment. I'm still confused though about why come to me and why I get shadows out the corner of my eye. Just can't understand it really it makes no sense but it's true.

The dream I'm having always wakes me up just before I'm about to die on the floor of her apartment so that's another that freaks me out. Why does my cat keep growling for no apparent reason? She is normally a very happy cat and loves being in the house.

It's getting so bad in here that my friends and family no longer want to visit or stay over and when I ask them why they always say the same thing " we feel like where being watched " any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PaulR1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-12)
Malibu thanks for that information, it looks like this could be the building the OP refers to.
It is such a shame they haven't gotten back to us in the comments section as it is a curious set of circumstances.
Thanks, L
Malibu09 (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-12)
Hi,

I know the place you are talking about because I drive past it everyday. It's on the Pacific Coast Highway in between Malibu and the Pacific Palisades.

It was owned by an actress named Thelma Todd many years ago. She died in a house not far from her apartment under mysterious circumstances.

They say she was involved with the Mob, so who knows if there could be some sort of connection with your dreams.

There's actually quite a lot of Info about her on Google including a documentary/ Mysteries and Scandals episode about her on YouTube. It might help you to look into that.

Best of luck!
almaburwell (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
I believe that this woman is trying to tell you something. Are you perhaps a collector? Do you by chance have an item that might have been her item? I would really like to know more about this dream. Is her name by chance Helen?
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-26)
You say that you wake up from the dream just before dying on the floor. This sounds like strange things happen during the dream which may point to reasons - none self explanatory I imagine.
Frustrating indeed, but any more details would be welcome.
Thanks, L
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-26)
Paul,

I'm wondering about this woman who owned the place. Maybe she knew you in a different time and place. She may have a message for you, or need you to know something.

That apartment and cafe may have something to do with it.

You could try finding a medium to help you out. Not sure if you believe in that type of thing, just a suggestion.

I really liked this, and hope you find help.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
This remindsme of a story my mother tells about hearing a classic piece of music and seeing a certain landscape over and over again. I'd forgotten about that. These things happen.

I wish I knew why. Or how.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Argette - Mmm, interesting... I haven't really heard of something called genetic memory, I'll go read up on it a bit, although the term is pretty self-explanatory.

You make a good point, but even if it were genetic memory, why would other people feel like they're being watched in his house, or why would the cat just suddenly have a "change" in personality?

Gives me something to think about.

Paul - I think your story is interesting, and I would like to help you but I don't know much about the subject.

Regards
Spookie1
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
My first thought is genetic memory discussed recently in another post. Do you have a family connection to someone in LA in the 1930s?

Is your reoccurring dream from a movie you have seen? A book?

Things like this happen. If it were me, I'd keep digging.

But I l love your account and it's going into my faves. Thank you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: