You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Puff Of Air

Real Ghost Stories

A Puff Of Air

 

This happened when I was 15 or 16 when I was living in an old boarding house with my mother. We rented a room on the second floor. The first floor was one big square room where the kitchen, living room and dining were at. The boarding house was old and creaky. There were dark corners in the house that scared me and the other lady boarders (but not my mom). We didn't see anything though. We just felt or sensed that something (or someone) was there other than us.

This experience was something I couldn't explain.

I was sitting on the couch and reading an old copy of Reader's Digest one hot and bright summer afternoon. I was alone in the boarding house because my mother was at work and the other tenants (lady boarders) were also out, either in summer classes or in their respective jobs. Anyway, after several minutes of reading, I decided to take a nap on the couch.

I was lying on my right side, facing the backrest of the couch to avoid the glare of the sun from the window facing the couch. The window was about 10 feet from the couch. I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly, I felt a puff of cool air into my left ear. It jolted me awake and I sat up looking around for the source of that blast of air to my ear. Nobody was around. Not a thing was moving and there was no wind outside. The plants outside were still. The Reader's Digest on the coffee table was still lying on the page where I left it. Actually, if I remember it correctly, it was so quiet.

I got creeped out and quickly grabbed the house keys, locked the doors and ran to my uncle's house nearby.

I told my uncle about what happened but he just dismissed it saying that it could be my imagination or maybe even just a dream. He said that maybe I dreamed of me and my cousins playing pranks to each other. One of our pranks when we were younger was to sneak into someone and blow air into that person's ear then run off while that person would make a chase. Actually, that was how it felt. It felt like someone blew air right into my ear.

I also told my mom that night when she arrived from work and she told me not to entertain any thoughts about the supernatural (well mom, look what I'm doing now). She also said that it must have been a dream or just that my ear had some health issues (and told me to clean it always. Really mom!).

But I don't know. It was physical, I felt the puff of air right into my left ear. From that moment on, whenever I sleep on my side, I always cover my head with a pillow or blanket.

Have you experienced this too?

Other hauntings by thegreenmachine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thegreenmachine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-30)
Not a problem, I had thought if submitting this but as you can see I'm not the best of writers 😁
At least when I saw how similar our experiences were it gave me a chance to put it out there, so thank you!
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-30)
Hi L_Melb,

Thank your for sharing. Interesting that we have almost the same experience. I don't remember asking for a sign from a guardian or spirit though. It was really weird for me too.

Regards,
TGM
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
Hello thegreenmachine,
Strangely, the one and only thing I have experienced is similar to what happened to you.
After waking up one morning, I got up on one elbow about to finally get out of bed when one strong but gentle gust of wind hit me directly in the face.
Strong in that it was unmistakable but not harsh.
For a second I didn't think anything of it but remembered my window was closed and it came from the wall I was facing.
Just one gust of wind from the direction of the wall in a room with the window and door shut.
Stranger to me is that a day or two prior I found out you have to ask a guardian (spirit) for help and I had asked for a sign that such a being was there - with no real belief anything would happen of course.
It was also the morning of all souls day and my mother used it as a way of twisting my arm to go to church saying it was a sign from loved ones
😆
I can't say what it was but it is the only time I have been able to honestly say nothing could logically have caused that.
Sorry to go on so (not the best writer 😕)
Thanks for sharing! L

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: