You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunt At Doncaster Air Museum, With Simply Ghost Nights

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunt At Doncaster Air Museum, With Simply Ghost Nights

 

Yet again we have to say a huge thank you to both Alan and Billy from the Doncaster Air Museum for all their assistance in ensuring that the event ran smoothly and professionally. The Doncaster Air Museum is definitely one of the Simply Ghost Nights team favourite venues for spirit activity, the team have witnessed full bodied apparitions, disembodied arms waving to them, and a variety of other activity, would this visit reach those dizzy heights of our previous visits to the Doncaster Air Museum. In a nutshell 'yes', our latest visit surpassed all of our expectations on what we were expecting.

In the opening group vigil Martin a first time ghost hunter witnessed to his amazement a figure of a man outside hangar 21 peering through a window and then disappear in front of his bewildered eyes, and Clair, Beth, James all declared that they had heard footsteps from the empty corridor too, this opening gambit of the night definitely got the groups ghost hunting juices flowing, and in earnest we then split up into smaller groups in our quest for spirit communication with bated breath.

In the Main hangar Rosey and a group of brave ghost hunters were conducting a seance when they suddenly heard the sound of stones been thrown in their direction in the eerie hangar, and on further investigation of which direction the stones were coming from Stephen, Daz and Karen were even more staggered when a stone literally rolled in front of them which frightened Jacky to the core.

In hangar 19 all groups commented on how active the room was, in one vigil the heavy main door flew open to the astonishment of Olwyn, Susan, Claire and Wynn who witnessed it, with a still night and no breeze around this incident showed the strength that the spirit world could display to our ghost hunters. In an ouija board experiment in hangar 19 one group were entertained by the spectral resident of Doncaster Air Museum called Frank, who claimed to have come from Newcastle originally and had served in Doncaster during the second world war. Frank informed the group via the ouija board that he had been a radio operator in the war.

During an attempt at spirit communication using the Franks box, a group of ghost hunters looked in disbelief as they in turn called their names out and asked the spirits to copy, and to their amazement they duly obliged, when Jez called out his name, the group heard 'Jez' almost immediately, Daz called his name out the identical response happened again his name was heard from the Franks box. This had the group enthralled so much so that when Stuarts name was called out too it absolutely left the all stunned.

In hangar 21 there was reports of table tipping from some of the vigils and in a ouija board experiment the spirit of a former cleaner called Alice at the Air Museum made her presence known to the group, and informed the group that when she was alive on the earth plane she absolutely loved her job, and at about the same time the group all could smell lavender and a smell similar to cleaning products. When asked if this was Alice making her presence known with the flowery aroma the glass moved to 'yes' to the astonishment of those witnessed it.

Another group of ghost hunters were taken a back in hangar 21 when asking out for spirit communication by way of the K2 meter when the green light would spike upto red on request, this event carried on for some time as far as to astound the group altogether, This was accompanied by very strong table tipping which amazed the group as the table is a very large heavy round table which we tried to move ourselves and found it to be too heavy.

As our ghost hunting time was coming to an end, our brave ghost hunters concluded that indeed the spectral occupants of the Doncaster Air Museum had yet again provided all of us with so much ghostly activity. The team cannot wait for our return to the Doncaster Air Museum in 2012. Many of our guests on the night commented they did not even know the air museum existed but after the nights activity they would indeed book a return visit at this hidden gem.

As we said our goodbyes and also said a big thank you to Alan, Billy and the spirit world for their assistance in providing another successful Simply Ghost Night. Finally we cannot thank Mel and Simon enough for their help and support in running the event and also a special mention must be made to Steven and Jo, Simply Ghost Nights newest team members who both showed professionalism and consideration to our ghost hunters during the course of the event and also assisted in the smooth running of the night.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Sorry to disappoint Rook avoided reading this 'Event' Hosted and retold by Simply Picking Pockets...

Rook
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
We can alway use the comment section of his posts as a disscussion forum... Just a suggestion lol
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
I don't know which made me laugh more, the original story or the comments.

Laughter is good for you, so I guess the mods should continue posting Pimply Roast Frights.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
LOL! Yeah I was missing granny! But better late than never...
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
[at] Jav: Well there she is! Its Granny! πŸ˜‰ umm... A bit late but in right place ha!

SGN seems talkative while reading his accountπŸ˜•
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
[at] SnoWQueeN,
Who is it that we're missing? I'm starting to feel guilty here now...
You have to help me out, we can't leave anyone by the wayside. It's just not right... πŸ˜•

Come on SnoWQueeN, roll the dice! Your turn to add.

Jav 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Ahahahaha! Aussie talk! I have to go check my translator website for that one! I love Aussie talk, it sounds they're having fun just talking. No worries mate. You have to love that philosophy...

Bluey πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Um, why didn't they "dare" us to read this one?...I don't know if I would, even if someone pulled out the big guns and triple-dog dared me πŸ˜†...Great comments, huh?...Okay: This, from "Two Little Boys":

Wait a minute granny, this one might sound better,

STRIKE ME PINK COBBAR, I SWEAR YOU NO PORKY PIES, THERES A FAIRDINKUM SHELIA NAME GRANNY A TRUE BLUE DINKY DY, IF YOU GIVE HER THE EPSOM SALTS DEPENDS- WHAT MOOD SHES IN,
SHE'LL KICK YOUR BACKSIDE FROM NEVADA TO A TOWN IN AUS, CALLED RINNY TIN TIN.

By Aussiedaz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
SnoWQueeN,
You can put that one up too. In the meantime I like this one below...

The Unleashed Spirits Pt. 2Date: 2012-03-11
"One day I left my body to use the washroom since my body was lazy and later I felt my bed was wet then I shook my body then did some Lock and Pop and jumped into my body- got up and walked to the mirror and asked " What the hell just I read? ""

Jav
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
Somebody is missing! Aren't you missing her Jav and adsouza? πŸ€”
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
adsouza,
Good call! If you go back through the comments on some of these, like SnowQueen calls them "Simply Wastes Time" stories, you will find that bluefox and LouSlips pretty much get them every time. Those two crack me up!

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
LOL Jav!
I saw the comment and I may have found one. This one is from Bluefoxx:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14611
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
Aha! The infamous troubadours, Wimpy Most Nights, have seen fit to grace our humble gathering site with their unbearable stench. It's obvious we will forever be plagued by this group's, as Lou so aptly put it, pugnant prose. We all know it will never end, so I propose we make the best of it by using their thread (comment section) for our own little "Honor Society".

Here is how it works:
When you happen upon a comment that you feel bears repeating, you can either 'copy/paste' or leave a link to the thread if it is a long one, and add it to the most recent SGN story. After a while it will become so ridiculously confusing that it will fit right in with this group of bad actors, eventually becoming a story all it's own.

I would like to start the ball rolling by honoring LouSlips. This link will take you to what I think is Lou's most shining moment. To get the full effect of his comment, you MUST read the story it is attached to first. Trust me, you will not be disappointed...

The story's title is "The Thing in the Woods"

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10580

Jav 😊
misstee (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
I read part of this story hoping it would be more intersting than the last... I was wrong. Sounds the same with all your table tipping and ouija board sessions and thanking all your co ghost hunting buddies who we don't know.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-10)
I would have really enjoyed this account if the red Barron had flew through this hanger and shot ghostly bullets into you and your ghost hunters rendering them incapable of giving us another boring episode of this never ending flatulence.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
[at] adsouza: Me too but the elders knows his accounts better so I don't think so they have time to comment on this advertisement 😊 He's lucky enough.

~Nikky
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
LOL!
And I'm surprised you have quite a few accounts here.
Snowqueen: I am now going to follow this just to read the comments from Jav, Granny/ Miracles and Rook!
HAHAHA
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
To be honest, I now see your name and I don't even bother to read your stories... So I guess the advertising isn't really working then is it? Hmmm 😐
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Unfortunately, the cast of Sleazey Grope Nights wasn't on board... So the band played on.

Lou
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Epic table tipping- the likes of which haven't been seen since the Titanic started sinking.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
[at] Lou: LOL! That's perfect Simply Goats Nights hahaha!

[at] SGN: If you aren't lucky so wait for comments from Jav, Granny and Miracles:)
ALL THE BEST!

~Nikky
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
That's why the sentence " Simply ghost nights " is mentioned after the title because there are no evidence for the readers to see or hear. *sigh* I should change my name from snowqueen to " Simply Waste Time "

All I could see is NAMES AND THANKS AND HELPS where is the paranormal stuff?

~Nikky
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Woah, a lot of people experienced these sightings. Were you yourself present at all the happenings or are you just taking the group's word for it? You should of got the group to take pictures and EVP's for some proof. But thanks all the same for sharing.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Pimpley Goats Nights,
You are welcome again, for your free advertisement at all of our expense... Breaking down you latest story is about as pleasant as reswallowing my own vomit, so I will refrain.
You are by no means an author or an artful storyteller, if you were, you would actually be catering to an audience that enjoys your pugnant prose. It is obvious you would not be sidestepping the use of paid advertisement, if your group was even a fraction as successful as you claim to be. Take your profit-grubbing circus act somewhere else, we don't like it.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: