You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl and Her Scary Dog

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl and Her Scary Dog

 

My house is haunted. Both my sister and myself have seen her, she appears in two places, acting out what looks like a story. First she appears in my room. She's with her friend, and a dog/wolf thing. The two human ghosts often hold hands. They play together. But then later at night the boy disappears and the dog gets vicious.

The second place is in my sisters' room. Here this girl is alone. She is crying. I have seen her in both places. My sister has only seen her crying. I don't know why she chose our house, but she did. Maybe she needs help. Maybe it's where she lived. Whenever I see her in my room I am too scared to go near her. I am afraid of the dog. He sits on my draws as if to protect them. When he is vicious he is more like a wolf. They appear most dark nights. Mostly on winter nights when the moon is either full, or not there. Only my sister and me have seen them.

It's sort of disturbing to know that there are spirits that stay in my room. Are my sister and I the only ones who can see her? I need help. No one believes me, and my sister is too scared to tell any one. She's scared of what her friends will say. Please help. I saw her last night. She was saying something. I don't know what. She wasn't making any sound, but her lips were moving. I'm scared, I'm only 14. I shouldn't be seeing dead people. Are they dead? Am I too young? I know I sound pathetic asking a lot of questions, but I'm curious. Was I picked for a reason?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, midnight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
I'm also 14.
Nobody is too young to see spirits, I see them a lot. You weren't 'chosen' to see them, lots of people see them but other peopole can't. But the girl probably only appears to you and your sister because you are closest to her age than adults. She could also be afraid of adults.
The dog sounds like the girls protector to me. If possible, find out the history of that house. If any of your neighbourds are old and have been around long, ask if they know anything. Describe the girl, her friend and her dog. Don't be afraid to tell people, especially people that my know things.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
I think you must figure out what the girl is saying... Maybe you can clue on them.
punkyXXmoi (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
The wolf dog part you keep saying is too scary 😨
Ur story make my mind scared 😨
But, nice story
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
you should try talking to her. I know its scary but maybe she needs help crossing over. But its up to you if you want to talk to the girl I'm just trying to help.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
You have High spiritual power that's why your able to see the dead! Your not the only one who can see the dead!
fan_DMG (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-24)
ya it is a bit scary for you because your just 14. Probably she needs help from you. Maybe she thinks that you will help her. Try go to the neighbourhood and ask people who have there for years. Try asking them the history of your house. Ask if a small girl and a boy lived in the house that your living. 😁
contessa (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
Hello! I read the other comments and they keep saying that you should talk to the girl. Well that would be great if you did but its really scary, I know I would not be able to do that. You should be brave. If you won't do anything then she won't leave. You mentioned something about her saying something that you couldn't hear, Well then that's a clear sign that she wants to talk. If you can't talk to her yourself try you and your sister. She is clearly suffering. I hope this will help:

WE SHOULD APPROACH THOSE WHO SUFFER WITH THE SAME AND EVEN MORE REVERENCE THAN WE USED TO APPROACH OUR ELDERS, SURE THAT FROM THEM WE WOULD RECEIVE GREAT WISDOM!

❤ contessa
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
There are a lot of comments, so I'm not going to read them all, I'm sorry if I repeat anything.
But, I don't think you should be afraid, you should try atleast to talk to the girl, and I understand if you are too scared, I would be too! But just try, if she is there almost everynight, you'll have to make an effort. I don't think you're too young at all, there has been a lot of cases where toddlers and children have seen ghosts, so you shouldnt worry about that!
Maybe you were chosen for a reason, which is kind of cool in a way.
Well, just try to make contact with her and tell us what happens, but of course if you are too scared, that is totally ok!
Good luck and take care,
Chrono 😳
HeatherMichele93 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I'm fourteen too, and I believe you.
Here what I think, the girl seems to be real happy in your room. Until the boy disappears, right? Well, moving on to your sister's room, she seems upset. Is she missing someone? Try helping her, she may need some help. And the time you said she was saying something but there were no sound, just her lips moving. Well I'm thinking she's trying to let you know something or warn you. She seems harmless, so try helping her and show respect to the dog letting it know you mean no harm. She maybe needs you, someone to talk to. Try it. Ghosts and spirits do have feelings like every other human, they're like every other human, but see through. Maybe she dosen't know she's dead. Try talking her through it. Trust me, it will work. Put her to peace.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hello Everyone, ok midnight, here are my thoguths *drumroll* :D.I think the little girl has grown attached to you. Getting her to cross may not be as easy as Kimsouth0 proposes it is (no offense Kim). If she really likes you, then she may not WANT to cross over. How old did her playmate look? It's pssoble she had some sort of a crush on him, and he moved away, or more likely he died. That could explain the crying, and the wolf/dog thing could of been his pet, and was left with her, which angers him. It is also very possible that the wolf/dog spirit and her were killed by someone, mking the dog hostile, or she could have killed herself.
May God BE WIth YOu
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com if you want to talk more.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Before thinking and acting as if all spririts an/or entities are 'demons',assume that the dog or wolf is there as protection, but that does not necessarily mean that they are 'bad entities'.

I would suggest placing a cross in yours and your sisters room. When they appear again, tell them it is okay to cross over, tell them they will find peace if they cross over and they will be able to rest, have people to play with and finally be okay. They may be stuck on this plane for whatever reason and are frightened of crossing over.

Another theory may be that the animal attached itself to the girl without her being able to prevent it, hopefully her crossing over should be able to assist with this as well.

Animals are protectors, as WhiteBuffalo stated, that doesn't mean they are demons, just loyal and protective. Try taking whitebuffalos advice.

If the advice from whitebuffalo or me does not fall within your belief system, Shane has posted on the site cleansing ceremonies and use of positively charged crystals. Both are very effective.

Before panicing again, take the fear back. Become in control of the situation, this will help you to rationalize, no matter the age, you have been the person they have choosen to present themselves to.

Please keep us posted,
God Bless!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Dear midnight,
Yes you were.Hm.The dog must love the boy. Well I'm shall I say, younger then you by a few years.I've been hanging with the paranormla since I was 4.I see stuff and when I was younger I would freakout also. Learn to read the girls lips. Next time you see her. Talk to her.
With lvoe and care,
cupcake10132

Dear gracea,
Really?Oh my! I sure do hope not! I had soemthing simailer. At my old house in my room I would be terrified to be in there alone. I would always run out and get my dog. So when my friend came over I told ehr about it. She said she felt teh same way. We took my moms digitail camrea and took pics. Everytime on my bed was a red man with a hat on. I was terriefied. When we moved he tried to kill me twice. I told my Nanny and asked for her advice. She told me to do the same. And soon enough.I've seen nothing or anything. So yes, beleive in God and Jesus, and let them do the work. Surely we shall be safe.
With love and care,
cupcake10132
mcrgirl623 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
i don't think there should be any reason for you to be called crazy but I think you should research your house and see if there is any thing about a girl or a dog/werewolf any deaths but they are obviously dead I hope you figure it out and try talking to her make her write something so you know what shes saying
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
Hi Midnight,
Your guesses as to why she might be appearing in your house are good ones. For the question "Was I picked for a reason?" you might have been. She might have picked you and your sister because she needs help and since you both are young like her, she feels more comfortable to show herself to you than to adults. Next time she appears, ask her questions about her old life, how she died, ext. Try to get some words out of her instead of silence. And don't be scared. If she wanted to hurt you, I think she probably would have done something by now.
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
Hey Midnight,
You are just like me...I'm 15. I too had many experiences although they are not as weird as yours. 😨 YOu and your sister are having very horrible encounters. YOu know when I first posted my story, I too asked many questions. I was curious why it happened to me. If you read my stories you will find that I was totally bewildered. I think you're right. WE are picked for certain reasons. 😊 Anyways, don't worry much. Everything would be fine. God bless!
-Siddharth ❤
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Well from what I have heard sometimes ghosts can choose who see' them and it sounds like they choose the easiest target, as in people that get freaked out easier such as young teens and children. I think maybe they used to live in your house and can't rest fro some reason. Be alert and aware try not to let your fear get the better of you as I have 😁and maybe ask what they want? I hope you submit some more of you experiences (if you have any more) ❤ Melonlover
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hello Midnight.
I have an idea for you. The Old Ones honored wolves. Wolves are strong family members, often putting their lives on the line to let another wolf live on. They are protectors, using all in their power to protect a family member (blood family or "adopted"). In the spiritual world a wolf is valued for it's affinity with human kind. Leaders in a wolf pack will use his discipline to keep the other members in order, while showing great love and support for the same wolves he may have to discipline. They do fine as solo beings, but are in need of the family unit to survive both physically and mentally. They are teachers and pathfinders. They go out of their way to avoid fighting, though I imagine one growl or show of teeth would deter anyone from trying to cross a wolf. There are many attributes about wolves, and generally to have one on your side is a good thing, not to be perceived as bad. Even if the image it portrays to you is one of "back off kid, and if you don't..."
Our galaxy is called "The Wolf Trail", meaning "The Route to Heaven".
I am a firm believer in everything meaning something. Does that make sense? We see, feel, sense things because we are meant to learn something from the experience. I think that is why we run into so many different things in our lives that we can not yet understand. I believe our lives are our school, and it is our duty to learn as much from it as possible.
I hope with this bit of information I have calmed your fears about the dog/wolf. I do not think he is there to harm you. He may be the girls protector, or guide who happened to have met up with her in the afterlife.
FRAWIN has a good idea. Try tossing something, gently, towards the wolf. If he responds in a negative way, run like the wind, if he looks at you as if a domestic animal would, perhaps he is there for you too. If no reaction is noticed, they may all be a residual haunting which only means that some energy of theirs has been imprinted on that space of time. The air of the home is representative of a movie screen and the vision that you have is only a film of what has happened before and they can not reach you. They can not touch you. They can not harm you.
Thank you for this story.
nighthawk (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
One you don't need to be scared it's vary unlikely that it will do anything besides what it's doing now, I'm 13 and I see all sorts of things.
What you are seeing my be a spirit of some one who feels you can see them and they my find that comforting, and the dog may be a protector of the spirit or even your family.
As for why you and your sister are the only people who can see it, you probably are just the kind of people who are more in tune with that kind of stuff, so welcome to the club!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Of course you`re scared, any fourteen year old would be. If what you say is true and I have no reason to not believe you, you need to determine if it`s an intelligent or
residual haunting. The first(daylight) scenario seems residual nothing to worry about. The second, when the "wolf/thing" gets vicious is another matter. What I would do is the next time it appears, I would throw something at it, if it reacts to it get out of the room pronto -it`s not residual. For protection I would place a Holy Book(according to your religon) and religious symbols in each place of manifestation. Also do a lot of praying to your Higher Power.

FRAWIN
gracea (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Well to what you believe the gosts you are seeing is not a spirit of a dead person but demons. They confuse the world they are a former person and like to control people, animals, homes, and even families with fear and more. I'm not trying to scare you but there is hope in Christ. This happened at my home and my family kept seeing a little girl walking back and forth they ended up calling me for advice and I told them to get together and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savoir. After that we all prayed to the Lord to rebuke Santan and his demons in the name of Jesus. Ever since there hasn't been nothing but a clean peacful house being whatched by God almighty, the one who created the universe and everthing in it. No one is greater than him. Trust Christ all you can do is have faith and believe and have nothing to loose but gain saftey and a new life.
Ephesians Ch 6 - AMOR OF GOD
12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: