You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I'll Never Forget You Roy

Real Ghost Stories

I'll Never Forget You Roy

 

It all started when I was 12 or so (I'm 19 now). As a child I had experienced many awful things, such as almost being kidnapped, running away and losing a very loved pet. I was very depressed when my dog, Bailey, died and I became very angry at the world and God as well, I just didn't understand why God would take something so precious to me. I began acting out towards my parents and to my friends and even my teachers, I know it may sound ridiculous to some of you... "Oh wow this girl's retarded, she's mad at the world just because her dog died..." But that dog was everything I had, I didn't have many friends in school, and my family would ignore me a lot since I'm the middle child so you get idea.

Of course I got over it but then my other dog died, well he had to be put down (Internal Bleeding) and I couldn't just stand there and watch them euthanize him so I stayed home. Later that night I was in the kitchen, minding my own business, plus doing my homework when I heard a dog barking, and I thought to myself... "ok... That was weird, it sounded just like Roy" (dog that got put down) so I open the back door leading to the backyard and look around... I didn't see anything so I turned around to go back inside and to my surprise... There he was, wagging his tail and everything. At this point I thought I was going crazy, but he really was there, I was so happy to see that he looked like he was at peace, and no longer suffering. He stayed for a while (I was crying and saying my good byes and that I'll hopefully see him again) he gets up, walks a little further away, looks back at me, barks, and he disappears.

That was the last time I ever saw him, but every now and then when I get gloomy I hear him bark... And sometimes when I go out for a walk in the night, I'll hear little doggy footsteps as if he's walking with me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Valerie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Thats sad and interesting 😲

I would have freaked out but since you loved him so much. I'm happy for you 😁

Do you still see him? Or hear him?

Just curious

Thanks for sharing your story
BooDoll (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
this is a very touching story honestly a cute and sad story I'm truly sorry for your lost but think of it like your dog roy is still with you only that you can't see him but I'm pretty sure that when you need someone to hear you he will come to your side ❤
Loveya_hunn (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Awwh! That's so sad! Atleast he still vistits. That almost made me cry...! 😭
PurpleSharpie98795 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Thats so sad! I am so glad he said goodbye! 😭 so sad! 😭 😢 so sorry for the loss!
JennySmedley (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hi Valerie
If you get this message please email me as I'd like to include Roy's story in my upcoming book about positive spiritual encounters.
author [at] globalnet.co.uk

Jenny x
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
My cat go ran over I felt the way like you why did god take him away he was only a teen cat but then I kept hearing him in the night I can here a cat but now I think god never taken him away so I prayed to him and then I think he forgived me I still hear my loveing cat and I am 13 now this all happened when I was 11 😁
Iron_Maiden_88 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
😭 OMG that was a sad story... Sorry for your loss. I am 19 and got my dog Dutchess when I was just a year old. We just lost her this spring, she was 17 and had a stroke and went peacefully in her sleep. Near the end she had trouble walking and would often flop and roll around on the floor, usually in good spirits because she was a happy go lucky doggy lol. After she passed all of us could swear that we could hear the old girl wanderinng the house at night, and occasionally to the day. Its comforting to know mans best friend will alwys be there :)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi, Valerie. That was a sad, sweet and touching story. You got me right in the heart with that one. You were so lucky that Roy came to you to say good-bye and show you he was okay. That he comes around you when you feel down and to keep you company really shows the friendship you two had. Just give him a warm smile when you feel him near and he'll be as happy as he makes you. Thanks so much for sharing your story, I really enjoyed it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
First of all, anyone who thinks that you have a problem becaue you were (and are) attached to a dog should probably seek counseling. Animals are members of the family, they are our protectors, they fill voids that no human can.
It sounds to me as if Roy did everything within his power to step up and fill that void when you lost your first friend. Apparetnly, he was able to be a friend himself to you. It sounds like he was in pain and suffering towards the end. His visit to you was to let you know he no longer hurt, he is at peace, he is able to cross over and he loves you.

A bond between a person and their animal comapnion is one that will never be broken. Consider yourself blessed that you have been able to develop 2 of these strong frienships!

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
I had two dogs put down (from old age) three years apart. When the first was put down and we got home from the vet's I heard her collar jingle plain as day but that was the first and only time I heard from her. The other dog was put down three years later and I swear to you that dog jumped on my bed for three years afterwards. We had no other pets at the time so I know I wasn't just imagining it. When we ended up with a cat I would still feel the same sensation on the bed thinking it was the cat, I would turn the light on and no cat. Now it's six years and three cats later (we love them) but still once in a while I will feel my other dog jump on the bed but rarely. Oh, and by the way it wasn't just a jumping sensation but I would feel it walking around the bed like she always use to looking for just the right spot. This never scared me I just found it odd.
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
Valerie,

Sorry for commenting twice in a row but I meant to say she died in the backyard, not the background...
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
My little puppy died in September. She was a yorkie, but she was far from small. I really hoped I would see her, as weird as that sounds, and I still look to see if she'll appear in the background where she died. I always think I hear her barking or whining at my door. However, I did have two dreams about her- one where she visited me and told me that she was happy (in a way dogs could do so) and in the other, she climbed on my bed and napped with me.

All in all, I really like this story. It was comforting. =)
Dan07 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
I Know What Its Like To Loose A Dog... Especially One That very close well I now can say last year... But only about 5 months ago the dog that had been there all my life had to be put down... And just a couple of dayz ago my other dog caught pneumonia and nearly died... I can't bear to loose him... I hope I see my other dogs spirit jus to see him again he was very special... So I sort of know were your coming at... God bless and hope your dogs R.I.P Plz contact me so we can tlk more !
mcrgirl623 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
im sorry for your losses but it seems as though roy loved you enough no tot leave I think you should be happy
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
I personally don't think that you are anything bad for thinking that way. Pets are family members and anyone that thinks the opposite is either not a pet lover or hasn't had a pet.
I loved your story I thing it is really heartwarming and very nice to hear that he loved you so much that he came back to say good bye,
Thanks for sharing
sanyukta_aka_sweet (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
dear valerie,
i am really sorry for the passing of your dog at that age. Its really awfull but if you hear your dog's bark and then his footsteps then its straight that he loves you so much that he's with you after he has died also. I have also lost pet and really is not just very easy to forget it.It's that you and roy are pretty close to each other.~sanyukta
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hello Valerie,
I am sorry that you had to go through the loss of a family member while so young. Especially one that seemed to have been a good friend also. I think it is wonderful that Roy stepped up at that time to try to fill that void in your life. Animals are very receptive. They are able to sense so much more than humans are able to, perhaps that it why dogs are labeled as Mans best friend as we do not have to explain things to them, they already have a pretty good idea of what is going on. 😊
I further think that as Roy was there while you were going through the difficult passing of your best friend he knew that you would be having a hard time when he left too, and that may be why he comes back to you. Just to check in and make sure you are fairing well. Just as a human counterpart would. How beautiful to have a friend come to you from the Other Side to comfort you when all seems lost.
Family members are family members, whether they have fur, feathers, fins, or hair. And this is another beautiful story of family love reaching across to just say "Hi. I still love you, everything is going to be alright..." Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Hi Valerie, Thanks for sharing such a lovely
and heartwarming story. I have heard of things such as this happening, although I have never experienced it. It is nice to believe, or in your case know, that love does survive after death even if isn`t humanly love. Thanks again for the story.

FRAWIN ❤
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
I'm so sorry for all the awful things you had to go through. What a lovely story though! It's never easy to loose a pet, trust me. It is a totally normal reaction to how you acted. In fact, you were probably much braver than most people I know about it. Your dog is looking out for you from beyond, you two must've been very close.
Bless you dear and best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: