You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: At the End of the Road

Real Ghost Stories

At the End of the Road

 

I am not really sure whether or not to consider this a ghost story or not, you can read and let me know. I am 17, I am young and I was younger then. My cousin killed himself at the end of my road (I live at a dead end) when he was 17 and I was 13. He was one of my best friends but I guess you could say this world got the better of him.

Not too long after his death, about 2 months or so I would say, I was listening to music in my cd player and reading a book. I was just laying there and my cd player has a knob on it, the kind you have to turn, and well, it turned down! At first I thought, "oh well just bumped it", but then it happened a few more times. I was thinking "okay that's a little creepy" but brushed it off as nothing.

I got up later and then came back and it happened again, finally after about 2 more times, (I didn't see it happen but I could hear it and then I would turn it back up) I just said "okay matt this isn't funny would you knock it off?" and it stopped. So that was that.

Later I did end up dreaming about him but I don't think it was related, it was just of him walking through my house and I passed him in the hall, and I stopped and was like, "aren't you dead?" He said "no", and went into the bathroom and I followed (strangely my cd player was in there) and he said "you might want to go outside". I went outside and looked, and everywhere I looked there were people being hung, but not from trees or anything, from those things that they used to hang more than 1 person. I looked at the end of the road and there was my family going up on it, but luckily for me I woke up before I saw it.

The weird thing about that though is my mom was up there with my dad and brother and sisters, and she died 4 years before this dream. I love my family so you can see how the dream would scare me. Nothing bad has happened since then, well death wise, so I'm pretty sure I think it was just a dream.

Other hauntings by Lividseras

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lividseras, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
I think you have a couple of different things occuring here, not necessarily related.

Your cousin is letting you know he is okay, at peace. All of the material and heart breaking happenings in his life are gone now and he is trying to make his own peace, part of that is saying good bye and letting you know he will be alright.

The other instance, the dream. It sounds as if you have gone through quite a bit of trauma. I do not pretend to know about dreams and meanings, but it sounds to me as if your subconscious is frightened of another loss, the gallows representing the fear of something bad, horrible happening to other loved ones in your life.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Hello again, Livid.
I have been thinking about this dream off and on since I posted the last comment and feel I need to add something. Sorry, I probably should have posted it earlier, but something just keeps coming to mind.
I am an amature. Occasionally a mark is hit, but I am in no way a professional interpreter and have only practiced this art on others a few times. I say this as everything has a flip side, or an "on the other hand..."
I still hold the first part of my thoughts in my last post in the keeper file, though, as I said before, only you can determine what the truth is as it applies to you.
The second part about the gallows is what has been on my mind. The flip side of the "death card" so to speak, is a new beginning.
When something ends, there must be a new beginning, of some sort. When a family member leaves us for the Other Side, we have to begin a life that does not include their physical form. If a job ends, we need to begin to look for work elsewhere. If a relationship of any kind ends, we need to figure out how to go through life without this relationship filling that space. See what I mean?
I just had to add the flip side to that, as I was not sure that was a "given" in your mind, or if I should put it into words. I hope I have not confused the issue for you as that was never my intent.
Thank you again.
k3exao4 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
,weEw... Creepy... When I'm reading this, the door of my room suddenly banged.! Its scares me... This story ives me shiver down my spines.! 😐
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hi,
I am very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be to lose someone you love very much or that is very dear to you. Dreams can have many different meanings. Some can interpreted by people who know how to and others you already kind of know what they mean yourself and don't really need to have anyone interpret them for you. In the bible God would talk to kings through dreams and the kings had someone who would interpret them. I trully believe that dreams are things that are going to happen or that have happened and that it is like a 6th sense coming out in each one of us.
What your cousin said about him not being dead is true he is still alive in your heart since you still have memories about him and often think about him so that is his way of telling you this as far as the other part of your story Like Whitebuffalo said you sometimes have to know the person to be able to identify the realtionship of the dream to your life.
Thank you for sharring your story with us and Good Luck.
Lividseras (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
I also have had no more visits from him. A few from my mother but nothing strong, just a setting in which took place in the past, and of course it was in a dream.
Lividseras (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-30)
Well he shot himself in the head... He was going through a really emotional time, he was being charged with a crime he said he didn't commit, he was going to go to jail for it, he couldn't see his dad anymore because of this so he had to miss his dads wedding and then they moved to like misouri or something and we live in washington, they didn't even say goodbye to him. I think that's a big issue with it though. I probably should have put that in the story.
GlendaSC (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
I know nothing about dream intrepretation, but I wonder if your cousin was trying to let you know, in a dream and with the cd dial, that he still "exists..." During the dream contact, you got frightened and it changed into a nightmare, not from him, but because your mind became overwhelmed or frightened. Just one idea.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hello Lividseras. Seventeen is an age for decisions. At seventeen you are at that in-between age, not quite an adult but no longer a child. I think that your friend is/was telling you that he`s O.K. And for you to cherish your family. People can have dreams such as yours when going through emotional times. I know, because my mother came to me in a dream and told me to go on with my life. Consider your experience a blessing, something to be cherished not feared. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hello Lividseras.
Dream interpretation is a delicate art. Often times an interpreter needs to know a bit about the person having the dreams, but not always.
I believe your cousin is often on your mind as he has a message for you. It can be interpreted in a variety of ways, and only you will know the truth of the readings as they apply to you. Perhaps the reason he is coming to you now is due to the fact that when he passed on he was seventeen and you have now reached that same tender age.
In the first part of this dream you have your cousin telling you he is not dead, even though you know that several years ago he chose to end the suffering he was feeling here on earth.
What you have in your dream is a gallows setting which, in itself is unnerving.
Here is what I get out of the dream, but please remember that there can often times be different meanings than what have presented themselves, some times the interpretation is somewhere deep within your subconscious and only you can answer it then.
Your cousin is feeling much more peace and feels accepted where he is now, as opposed to when he was here on earth. He was your best friend and he wants you to know he is alright. He is where he is supposed to be. On the gallows you saw your family walking up to take their turn. The shocking part to you was that your mother has been gone for years and yet she was with the family.
That is a comfort. Your mother, though the space of another realm separates her from all of you, is still with your family. She is in your thoughts and in your hearts. Why would she not be included in this dream?
The gallows are not as scary as they appear. Death in a dream is basically signifying the end of something. The end of hard times for your family, the end of the mourning period, the end of unresolved differences.
The end of these visits from your cousin as he is happy and needs to move on in this new home of his?
You never said whether or not you have had more visits from him after this dream. Have you? Just curious. Good luck in this.
Thank you for your story.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Livi,
May I as if this was his method of suicide? Did he hang himself? If not I really don't know what to make of it other than your cousin was telling you he's still alive and well on the other side.
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Wow! I agree with Anna12, but he could also be trying to tell you why he committed suicide, like how he felt. I had reoccurring dreams about one of my uncles that was sort of like that.
Anna12 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
I am so sorry for what sad things you had to go through. It sounds to me as though you have a ghost story here! Your cousin was sending little messages from beyond, probably telling you that he will be there for you.
Good luck dear

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: