You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Cloak Entity

Real Ghost Stories

The Cloak Entity

 

It had to of been around two or three in the morning when this happened. I was asleep but I always wake up through out the night so waking up around this time isn't odd for me. As I was waking up I notice this figure standing by the window. It's whole body was covered by a cloak, and I could tell that it was facing the window. As soon as it felt that I've noticed it, it slowly turned its head towards me and gestured hush. It's hands were just bone. That's the only thing I saw on this entity because it was darker than the room itself. I could only make out its outline and I swear it could have had hair but the more I think about it the more the memory becomes kind of fuzzy. As it held its boney hand up it vanished. Just like that. I laid there and was just confused because I've seen things before but never like that. My boyfriend was right there beside me but he was asleep and this was at his house. I've asked him if anyone had died there or if his place was haunted and he said no; not that he knew of.

I've tried looking things up but none of it matches the description of this thing. My boyfriend said it was odd how it was watching out the window. He said that maybe it was protecting me from something. I didn't feel any dread. I wasn't scared at all. I was just confused as to what it was and what it wanted. I ended up snuggling up to my boyfriend and falling back asleep. Dreaming of this thing. Can anyone tell me what it was? Has this happened to anyone else? And do you think it was protecting me from something outside?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Humblekinele, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-07)
GoogleTheCat: that's a very well explained and easy to understand information though, to tell you the truth, my abilities to know when the weather is going to change have nothing to do with claircognizance but a lot with the inevitable process of aging.

Welcome to YGS.
GoogleTheCat (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-07)
I'm psychic a clairvoyant (Spiritual seeing) and a clairaudient (Spiritual hearing) to be exact, and have been studying these kind of things for awhile now and think I know what's happening.
You seem to also be psychic.

Their are six categories, four of which having sub-categories
Categories:
clairvoyance (Spiritual seeing);
Those who SEES ghosts, Future/Past, people/places far away.
clairaudience (Spiritual hearing);
Those who HEARS ghosts, friends/family/pets not present.
claircognizance (Spiritual instincts);
KNOWS when bad/good is about to happen, when there is a shift in the spiritual world, when the weather is going to change.
clairsentience (Spiritual feeling);
can FEEL someones emotions, animals emotions, can sometimes be able to help change someones mood.
clairalience (Spiritual smelling)
clairgustance (Spiritual tasting)
Humblekinele (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-16)
Thanks for the feed back aha, and I'll try, I have been having more and more frequent panic attacks throughout the night. And I have had weird dreams about cloak figures in the past? I have no clue but hopefully it was someone watching over me/protecting me 😁
Spiritual_Paganist (15 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-13)
maybe a past family member, not all ghost/astral forms match the person, it could be somone watching over you mostly, and because you didn't feel any dread or a alarming negitive vibe indicates your completely fine, there is nothing to worry about, recommendation is just stay calm but if things start to change in a bad way please post about it
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
Maybe the dream could point to a clue about the reason for the visit, if you remember.

Perhaps it wasn't a bone hand, but white and thin? Maybe a Victorian lady (cloak) checking in, like a grandma? I don't know.

It also may have been blocking the window so something/someone couldn't see in.
Humblekinele (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Tweed, thank you for your input. I've always been keen to the paranormal. Though, I've never really encountered anything like this before. It was otherworldly in my opinion. The only thing that sets me off is the fact that if it were to be protecting me, or whomever, then what was it trying to fend off? That's pretty scary. I'd have to say I'm grateful for the entity being there at the time because who knows what was on the other side of the window 😜
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Humble, I don't have much idea of what this might have been. But I like that you felt no fear from it and simply went back to sleep. I wondered the same as Miracles that it was watching out the window for some reason. I also think your boyfriend might be onto something, that it's some kind of protective entity, to either one of you or the location.

Cool experience, thanks for sharing, adding this to my faves. 😊
Humblekinele (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
No, not necessarily. His house isn't directly in front of any other houses. There's one house on the left and then there's a road. His front yard his pretty big and in the back there's just an open field. His window faces the front yard though. Maybe there was someone in my boyfriends yard? I have no idea but thank you for your input! 😁 hopefully I won't see it again aha, it's very startling.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
Humble - does the window it was looking out give a view of someone else's home? In my completely uneducated opinion, it seems like it was secretly watching something, or someone.

If you didn't feel any dread from it, I wouldn't worry, especially considering it disappeared after gesturing for you to hush.

I am intrigued; thanks for sharing this 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: