You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Female Spirit Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

Female Spirit Guardian

 

To be honest, I'm not sure if she's my "spirit guardian" or if that's even the real word for it. I don't know who she is at all or why she's been with me for so long. I only know she's a positive force, and I'd do almost anything for my hair to be the same auburn as hers.

I grew up in an actively haunted house. It seemed like daily there was whispering, singing, touching, foot steps, opening cabinet doors, or just about anything else you could imagine. I had a lot of friends who I'm still lucky enough to be close with as an adult, and even though they were all horrified of my house, they still like to laugh and shudder and get chill bumps while sharing ghostly memories with me.

The woman was there with me. As silly as it sounds, I'm not sure if she lived and died or if she ever lived at all. But she was one of the constant beings in the house. As a child and teenager, I would see her feet walk across a room from wall or wall or hear her lightly stepping down my hallway. Occasionally, she'd show herself to me for very, very quick instances, but as an adult that's stopped.

She's been with me everywhere I've ever lived. I know it's her when I see blue tinted lights. They look smaller than most light orbs and slowly twinkle and turn their way across a room or sometimes they'll stay in the same spot (near to me) for a very long time and I'll see the lights every few minutes.

I think the most remarkable thing she's done is wake me up. When I was younger, before I could be trusted to make it anywhere on time, she would shake my mattress until I woke up. It was inevitable: if I hit snooze too many times, it didn't matter if I was wide awake or not (and I often was). Someone, her, would place their hands right next to me on the bed and shake. One day, wide awake, I allowed her to do it for quite a while. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Finally, I said, "Thank you. But my appointment was canceled, and I'd like to sleep in." It didn't happen again for another hour. Sometimes it still happens. Just less often.

She even woke me the night my dog died. My dog's name was Ginger, and she was twenty years old. I'd fallen asleep in the recliner of my living room. Around 2 AM, a gust of wind (another one of her usual showcases) blew through the living room long enough to wake me up and startle me. Then, she whispered in my ear, "Shhhhhhhhh. Get up." The door to the room where my dog slept opened, and I was able to be with her during her final night.

It all sounds incredibly far fetched when I write it all down like this. It even may make some people question my sanity. Even I'm questioning it right now, but I know what I've seen and heard. Who do you guys think she is?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allforlaughter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-21)
Something very similar happened to me. What really caught my attention was your description of a blue light and a knowing she as always there no matter what house you lived in. Turned out she was protecting me. See my story if it helps. You can go in my profile and it's "someone looking out for me."
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-18)
She sounds helpful, anyway, even if the activity has declined over the years. She may see you don't need alerted as frequently anymore so has stared to fade away.

Could she be attached to an object you still possess from the first house you saw her in? A possible relative?
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Hi allforlaughter thanks for posting your story.

In my opinion this is an entity that wants to make contact with you. I know there are those with differing opinions here but this is mine. Any form of "spiritual" entity seeks to distract you from the fulfilling life you can have otherwise. If you allow it to continue to pester you, there will come a time when you won't be able to be rid of it even if you wanted to. Best to reject its advances and seek help from a pastor or priest at your local church.

I know most churches do not mention the work of these spirits much, but their pastors would have some experience in dealing with them. Will be praying for you.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Allforlaughter, that's an interesting story. I have no idea what it is. Have you ruled out you subconscious influencing your mental interpretation of events?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: