You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadows in my Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows in my Room

 

I've had a few experiences ever since I moved to my current house, though not all of them have occurred here. I'm Christian, so I don't believe in ghosts as much as I believe in demons, but sometimes I catch myself doubting that fact in itself.

A few years ago (possibly about two or three, but I can't remember) the blanket I had over my window was taken down in preparation for my blinds to be fixed and actual curtains to be put in place. One night while my window was unblocked, I woke up and sat up in bed and saw a dark figure of a woman standing at the end of my bed, looking out the window. Almost as soon as I sat up, the woman looked at me. I couldn't see any definite features except for the bright yellow/gold eyes she had that I focused in on instantly, but I could definitely tell she was solid because the light was shining on her. Then, almost as immediately as I had stood up, I fell back against my pillows and fell asleep, all while the woman starred at me. The next thing I remembered was my mom opening my door and telling me that I had to wake up.

I didn't experience anything else until a year ago, when I had a dream that I was in my school cafeteria and saw a dark boy sitting off by himself. I didn't notice at the time, but he resembled the woman who was at my window greatly. I sat down next to him and started to talk to him, and when I asked him his name, he smiled at me and wrote on a piece of paper his name, Tye. To this day, I still remember the elegant way his scrawlly hand writing looked on the paper. The next thing I knew, I was walking down the hall when I saw a painting of a shadow with gold eyes that I instantly knew was Tye. I then ran back to the cafeteria where I found all of the lights off and everyone cowering on the floor, all trying to get away from the noises that came from the ceiling. All I could do is look up and think about how I knew it was Tye. I woke up a second later, also to my mom telling me to get up.

Ever since then, I've only talked about these shadows three times; once to my mom while we were watching a Sylvia Brown special on Montel (though I only told her about the woman), then to a close friend while we were at camp, and then to another friend in her room. My first friend joked about how I would probably meet Tye some day and we'd fall in love, but that night I heard voices after lights out. I can't help but wonder if there's something about these shadows that is real, and I'm both curious and scared of this.

Has anyone else experienced any thing like this?

Other hauntings by sister

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sister, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hey sister, looks like you're in good hands here. Very helpful site full of positive, sincere folks who are ready to listen and assist, if need be.

I am in no way degrading your subscription to Christianity, but the more I learn about the world and the mysterious things in it, the more I realize there are no "rules" and that ghosts, demons, spirits poltergeists, etc., all really do exist in one form or another. Perhaps these facts do not jive with the Bible, but hey, there are bound to be contradictions in a world so big. The Koran, for example, really does support the existence of ghosts, so who's to say which doctrine is correct?

The more I learn, the less I know, I guess!

Thanks so much for sharing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hi sister 😉Do I have stories...uh...yep. Just egging you on a bit there😊
Sure. When my daughter was younger she had several unseen friends. In our house we do not call them imaginary friends as we know that they are here, some of us just can not see them. We lived in this little white box house that was really nothing more than a hunters shack. It was located out in the middle of a wood that you had to maneuver through slowly so as not to hit a tree. Pretty secluded.
She has always had a fascination with animals and would spend hours at a time in the wood while I was trying to force a garden to grow so that we could be self sufficient.
She ran up to me one day to tell me that the man in the wood wanted to know when we were going to leave so that he could return. I thought immediately that a hermit was around and that we had perhaps took the place that he had claimed as his own and told her not to return to the wood until the next day. She told me he was waiting for an answer. So I went to the wood with her.
When we got there she asked a tree where the man was, and then just started talking. I asked her what was going on and she told me this nice lady wanted to know when we were going to move out. I asked my daughter if I could talk to the lady, and getting her permission I explained we had no where else to go. We had traveled across the country from California and here is where we ended up.
On the walk back my daughter said this lady was the man earlier and that she came as HER because I would be scared of the man.
Which was true. We were running from an abusive relationship and in hiding, so to speak. I had an intense fear of men.
So even though I could not see the man, he came to me as a woman of class so that I would not be frightened.
ruby13 (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Hi sister,
Your experiences with these supernatural shadows are staring to come deeper and deeper inside you wich explains your dreams about them, though don't become afraid in any-way, I don't think they want to hurt you and I think maybe the women is your gurdian angle, I know that sounds stupid but what else can explain what's going on? Tye must be part of the women so therefore also apart of you. I may be wrong with all of this but it's the only explaination there is. Rather that or they are just spirits that you think are there, maybe when you thought you wernt dreaming. You was. If you experience anything else please let me know. Thank-you. Ruby x
sister (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
I Forgot to say in my story, but I knew at the times that I saw the woman and Tye that they had no intention of hurting me. In fact, it was more of like they just wanted to be there. They were actually a comfort to me more then anything.

Ramzey- I think I will start recording my dreams, but I haven't seen either of them since I first saw them. Any problems I've had I can in no way link to them.

haleybug- I've never eaten anything before I go to bed. I can't swallow anything and lay down without my stomach acting weird and keeping me awake.

whitebuffalo- In other words, you think she appeared as Tye, and that they're actually the same person? Do you have any other stories where the same thing you think I experienced with Tye happened?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hi sister, and welcome.
What I find is truly interesting is that the woman and the young man were visually similar. When you saw the woman, you were awake, when you saw the boy, you were dreaming. Could be that the connection there is that you remembered what the woman looked like, and in your dream state, she came to you as an unassuming person. You may relate better to him than you would to her, in other words.
I would talk to your parents. Maybe if you could describe both instances (Hey, here's a novel idea, let them read this story) satisfactorily to them they could help you out with who she is, what may be going on etc.
Good luck and thank you.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
hi sister the reason for these dreams could be what you eat before bed time, yes it sounds weird but if you eat greasy foods before bed it'll give you off the wall dreams. 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hello sister. Thank you for sharing your story, it was interesting. From what I have read, I don`t think you have any reason to worry. I would do as Kim has suggested, your dreams may be an outlet for something that your sub-conscious is supressing. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
Hey Hon. I do not want you to be afraid. A great thing to do is write down your dreams once you awake. You'll then notice the way your sub-concious works after a couple weeks. That one time you seen a dark figure, the 1st time, it is a part of your memory, which is a part of your sub-concious. Believeing in something creates energy and I think this energy is lingering with you since you still believe. Tell it in the name of the Lord to leave you alone and believe in that~Have Faith in Him! 😉 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-11)
It sounds as if you have a very active dream cycle. Have you tried talking to your parents about these dreams?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: