You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Cat in my Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Cat in my Room

 

A couple months ago, before my latest birthday when I turned 14, I woke up in the middle of the night (not an uncommon thing for me). My door was shut, I was completely dark in my room, and I was right next to the wall. Nothing interesting had happened to me before bed, but when I woke up, I felt my heart stop for a second. Right in front of my face, a small cat was staring into my eyes. The cat was completely black, but he had a weird light outline so I could see him, and scraggly looking, like he just came off the street. His eyes were strangely large, and an amber/brown color.

As soon as I saw him, I took a swat at him, terrified out of my mind. I was even more frightened when my hand went through him. After that, he turned and quickly jumped to the edge of my bed and looked back at me one last time before he jumped to the floor. In my attempt to turn on my light, I hit my hand on my headboard, so I knew I wasn't dreaming. I got my light on, and there was no cat in my room. I already knew that it wasn't my pet black cat, Bo, since my door was closed, but I couldn't think of anything that could explain it. I stayed up for the next couple of minutes, trying to relax so I could get to sleep.

After that, I started to sleep with my door open and to go to bed before my mom so the light in the hall will be on. I haven't seen the cat since, but now my cat Bo comes in every other night and lays with me until I fall asleep. He usually will lay at the end of my bed and stare at my door, for no apparent reason. It's strange, but it also makes me feel better. This experience only seems to reinforce my belief that there's some sort of activity in my room.

Other hauntings by sister

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sister, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Demons will sometimes show up as a black cat. So what you saw was a demon black cat. How ever the good news is it sounds like it's gone now anyway.

Take care,

Walter 😁
barnowl (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
I've herd of animal ghosts before. Did your cat Bo come from a litter that had some deaths? Maybe his brother/sister is fallowing him around and just wanted to get a better look at you. As Bo's owner you have a certain importance.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hi sister, I have to say that I agree with KimSoutho and WhiteBuffalo, however like KimSoutho said, the cat you seen might have been a pet of another family that lived there, and was just realizing that you were not it's owner, but thought it could possibly stay at the home with you and your family, since ya'll seemed like a happy family, it was probably reminded of the family that it had in its past life and was just wanting to be accepted. Sorry couldn't be of much help but thanks for sharing your story. 😊
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
in the 16th 17th centuries there were witches!
They owned black cats didn't they?
it could be that or it is looking for a new oWNER
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Hello Sister.
You know, I am kind of leaning towards what both FRAWIN and Mustang said here, and only because I have been dreaming before, "woke up" did some things and then banged my hand on the wall behind my head thinking I was awake and that was what actually woke me up.
Most of the time this occurs I am convinced that I am totally awake.
However, we do have a cat in our house that only my son can see and play with. We can hear him, we just can not see him. I think this is one of those stories that a lot of questions would seem to help, but could also cause one to believe a debunking was in process. 😊
Thank you.
MellMelon (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I agee with the Mustang and Frawin; it could have just been a dream.
Or it could have been your cat, and you just missed hitting your cat becuase you had just woken up and your sight had been a little off.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi sister. I will have to agree with Shelby, it was more than likely a dream. I have these kinds of dreams all the time, you have to think twice to decide if it is real or not. Although it was frightening,I`d say it was only a dream. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Is it possible there was another cat that owned the family that lived in your home before your family? I assume there can be residual hauntings from pets as well as people.

I am not sure I would be frightened though, he (or she) may simply have been looking for its family.

Keep us posted.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi sister. I have never experienced a animal's ghostly presence before. Are you sure that it wasn't a 'waking dream'? Kind of like, half in and half out of your sleep while dreaming? Are you sure your cat really wasn't in your room? Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: