You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Dead Mans Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

The Dead Mans Ghost?

 

So its been a while since anything has happened in the house I'm currently in. In the late 1980's or early 1990's (before I moved in, and before I was born), a man died in the back bedroom. We have lived in this house for the past 3 years, next January will be 4 years, and things have only just started happening.

A couple weeks ago, I started putting my cat in the room where the man is said to have died, and every night she hunkers down low to the ground and meows, but its more like a howl to get out and we have noticed that she has been sleeping in her litter box as if she is hiding from something. Also, a couple nights ago I had a bad dream and I woke up and looked out of my door (my door has a perfect view across the hallway of the room, and it was very dark and NO JOKE I saw grey lit eyes near the top of the door frame. It freaked me out so bad I slept in the living room, which is across the house.

This was an experience from my parents, and I was in my room and I even heard it as well. My father was in the restroom brushing his teeth and my mom was relaxing watching tv in her room. There is an old orange velvet chair in the corner of the room that is " haunted " and it slid all the way across the floor. My dad walked out and looked at my mom and asked her what she was moving, and her response was " I thought that was you." I heard all of this happen. It freaked us out so bad.

The room that is supposedly haunted does not have a door knob in the door so you can see through the hole, and all the time I see shadows pass through the light when the door is closed.

This house has a weird feel to it as well, it does not feel like a home, it feels like a prison.

I would like some clarification or help understanding what might be going on.

Thanks,

Avery.

Other hauntings by Avery

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Avery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
One way or another, it seems like your house needs a cleansing. It seems like your parents would be open to discussing something along those lines given what they have willingly disclosed to you about their own experiences in the house. If they don't seem enthusiastic about participating and you are still uneasy about the house - maybe pick a simple cleansing that makes sense to you and go to on your own. I am not saying to defy your parents - just sometimes, in life you have to follow your own heart and do what you truly believe is best - and a simple cleansing isn't going to hurt anything or the house. Bear in mind that cleansings often need to be repeated and probably just going ahead and planning on a repetition every week or so for a bit would be a safe precaution.

If you are worried about performing a cleansing yourself or talking to your parents about it, you can also try talking to the ghost. I don't mean going out and purchasing anything like a pendulum or Ouija but just sitting down in the room where the man is said to have passed and talking to him (either out loud or in your head). Set down ground rules (ex. I know you are here and that's fine but you need to understand my family and I live here now with our cat and we aren't going anywhere. This is our house now but you can stay if you stop scaring us and the cat.) In many cases a simple talking to does the job. So at least you have options.

Keep us posted and let us know how things go ❤ ❤
Avery (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
Rex-T, I appreciate your comment, and yes my cat has been sleeping in the living room from then on thank you:)
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Hi Avery,

Both Melda and Ajay have already supplied good advice, both caution and what to do if incidents are paranormal.

I would pay attention to your cat's reactions. She must have been very traumatized to go against all her instincts and take refuge in the litter tray (being such clean animals).

Like Melda and Ajay, I hope for two outcomes - your little girl (the cat) is sleeping somewhere else in the house and your problems are resolved quickly.

Regards Rex-T
Avery (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
ajonverge, The chair is very heavy and the cat would not be able to move it, I cannot even move it, but I appreciate the thought:D
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Avery - It is very possible that the man who died in the house is still around. It could be that as far as he is concerned, you are intruders in his home.

I would like to know more about the chair. Did the chair belong to your parents or was it there when they moved into the house? If it belonged to them, did they buy it new or secondhand? There could be some history connected to this chair.

Animals tend to be very aware of the paranormal. Please don't make your cat sleep in that room. She can't tell you that she's scared but you yourself have seen it. Let her sleep elsewhere.

I realise that being a teenager you need your parents' permission to have the house blessed or cleansed. I can't stress enough how important it is for you to do this, not only for the peace of mind of you and your family but also for the soul stuck in that house who needs to move on.

I don't know which religion you practice but if you do practice a religion contact a priest to do a blessing. If you do not practice a religion (and even if you do, by the way) here is the link to Rookdygin's cleansing method, not related to any specific religion.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Try to have a family discussion about the fears that you have. Perhaps you already do so. As a child I was not so fortunate - all my nasty experiences were put down to nightmares and a very vivid imagination.

Please keep us updated.

Regards, Melda
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Do ensure that all the scientific checks are done first.
About the grey eyes, it could just be something you saw cuz you were almost asleep. "Floaters in the Eyes".
The shadows at the door knob could be just that; shadows.
The chair could have moved as a result of the CAT activity. Just check all these things before you draw a conclusion. If u still experience something, you may have to resort to cleansing for spirits. Anyway thanks for sharing your story. Hope this gets resolved soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: