You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Horror Sleep Over

Real Ghost Stories

Horror Sleep Over

 

When I was a little girl, first or second grade I believe, we moved to a small farming town in Colorado. I attended Elementary school there and did not have a lot of friends until one little girl with reddish brownish hair asked me to play. We soon became good friends and she asked me to spend the night with her. I agreed and my parents brought me over to her apartment.

Her family lived in the apartments across from the school. Her parents actually owned them and there was only 4 units, two on top and two on bottom. Her older sister stayed in the unit below her parents, she was in her early 20's. She also had a younger sister who was in preschool.

A little while after I got there her parents said they were going out to the local bar for the evening, apparently they did this a lot and left us there alone. They told us that her sister was downstairs if we really needed anything and gave us the number to the bar. This was the era before cell phones, (shows my age). They left and locked the door behind them, her sister left an hour later saying she was going to get her friend and would be back shortly.

I have never been alone like that with out someone watching me so I was already a little frightened. They had this painting of a lady in the middle of the room, Brandy said it was there when they moved in and her parents liked it so they left it up. It was so creepy it seems like wherever you went the eyes followed you.

We starting talking about typical girl stuff until we heard a knock at the door, we both jumped as it was a loud knock when the police are at your door kind of knock and very persistent. We both went over and looked out the window, turned on the lights and no one was there. We figured it was someone for her sister and realized she lived downstairs. We sat back down and then the knock again, this time we looked out, the light was off outside and we saw someone bent down looking in at us but the eyes were red. We screamed and ran back to the couch and called her parents. The knocking stopped as soon as we picked up the phone. Her parents said it was probably her sister trying to scare us and not to worry. It happened one more time and afterwards her sister came to the door and yelled at us for trying to get her in trouble. She had been gone and just got back, at this point I was scared to death. Her sister went back downstairs and we sat in the living room talking.

Brandy proceeded to tell me that her house was haunted and she has seen things ever since she was little. I laughed at her at first but she was serious. They had those old school wooden forks and spoons that people use to hang up on the wall, well they flew across the room at us. Now I am scared to death! Needless to say that frantic call got her parents home. After they were home we were ready for bed, I wanted to go home but they were in no shape to drive me. I had to go to the bathroom as I walked out of the room to the bathroom I heard a little boy cry and that is when I saw a little boy crying and run into the closet. Not into the closet through the door. I called my parents and went home.

Later I found out a little boy 3 years old died there because his mother left him home alone with no food or heat and never came back. He was so scared he hid in the closet and that is where he died.

I lost touched with Brandy after they moved and when she was in middle school I found her number and called. She was still being haunted by something or someone. She said she felt like it was evil and her parents even had attempted to have an exorcism done. I lost track of her after that.

Other hauntings by susanbrockerman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, susanbrockerman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
Hi Susanbrockerman

Thanks for sharing this rather unsettling account. I am curious about one aspect; you wrote:

"Later I found out a little boy 3 years old died there because his mother left him home alone with no food or heat and never came back. He was so scared he hid in the closet and that is where he died."

How much later was this that you discovered this and may I ask how and where did you discover this information?

Regards

Mack
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
The tragic story of the little boy reminded me of the tragedy in this account from last year: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24695

Mankind can be hopelessly brutal and neither the passage of time nor all our collective culture has done much to mitigate it.

What a frightening sleepover indeed! I had several where we spooked ourselves but I count myself lucky that we experienced nothing like that! Good thing your parents were willing and able to come get you!
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
Meldel,

If I had experienced what SusanB had I might be receiving my holiday cards in an asylum. Not just because of the hauntings, though they were clearly frightening enough.

To have learned that such callousness and barbarity genuinely existed between parent and child while so young, and to have it directly and personally linked to a haunting, would have been a substantial personal burden to bear.

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The global ghost population may soon undergo the equivalent of a baby boom.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
MrRiggs
I couldn't agree with you more! But as I see things across the globe... Its not long now.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
Wow. Just when you think you've heard it all.

I accept the haunting and the ghosts. It's not pleasant but it exists.

The troubling thing is parents who leave children uncared for to go drinking... Or leave them to freeze to death or die of thirst.

I've been thinking lately that I have seen and heard so much during my lifetime that I will not regret my number coming up. Mankind's inhumanity to itself is almost beyond belief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: