You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Cat Visiting

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat Visiting

 

I'll start by telling you a little about my cat. Toffee wasn't really our cat to start with, he belonged to an elderly lady 2 doors away in my street, he used to be jittery and nervous when passing through my back garden during the summer either 2009/10 (we'd moved in May 2009) any way I broke the ice and gave him some milk etc... He started to spend a lot of the day time with me when I was having a day off even coming in to the house, sending him back to his owner in the evening so she wouldn't worry.

His owner died after she was taken in to hospital and he just ended up coming to live with us, the owner's niece was very grateful to us as she's a big animal lover.

Toffee was a big boy ginger with lots of long fur but was getting very old and lost a lot of weight despite eating like a trucker and being wormed. He started having accidents. I took him to the vets with my in-laws and my eldest son in the car, my father in law stayed with me while Toffee was put down. They said it was old age and organ failure. He was a sweet heart right to the end.

After a few months we (myself and my other half) started to feel his presence like he was coming round the corner, snuggled next to me on the bed etc. About 6 months after he passed away it was quiet and suddenly my son's shape sorter ball rolled about 2 inches on the top of the arm chair seat cushion. I was sat on the couch and nothing/no one had been near it for ages, no wind or anything. It was as if he was snuggled on the chair and had moved it (it started in the center of the cushion) I didn't touch it, I was a bit freaked out to be honest and tried to keep my little one away from it. It happened again about 20 minutes later and I could hear the shapes moving at the same time as before just slightly with the small movement.

Sorry if it was long winded...

Let me know what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LauralouCornishgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LauralouCornishgirl (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-11)
Thanks for the comments, my mother in law used to hear her deceased dogs foot steps walking with her on the track they used to walk and in the house, even indents in the couch like she was still there.
Its nice to know they are OK after they're suffering, but I haven't senced anything for quite a while now... Not pet related anyway.
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-07)
<3 cats. They do visit after passing. Just read my story about my cat (s)
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Laura,

You can get my take on this topic by reading "MrRiggs Walks" by MrRiggs.

YGS also lists stories by category. If you check the list you will find a substantial number regarding animals.

I hope you find comfort in what you discover.

MrRiggs
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Laura,

My brother adopted quite a few 'strays' and they all sauntered into our lives by the back garden, just as you described.

When it was time to say goodbye to my favorite, I was devastated. My wife pointed out to me that we had probably extended her life by 5 to 10 years, which eased the pain a bit.

I agree with all of Emma's comments. Toffee may have come back to check on you and try to let you know that he was ok.

Regards
Rex-T
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Hi Laura,

I think that every animal knows when it is really loved and cared for. You made your boy a safe, warm home to live out the rest of his life in. Animals know gratitude and they look after us as much we do them. Does he ever come and check on you still? It sounds like he tried to come and tell you just how much he appreciated the kindness and love that you gave him.

Thanks,
Emma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: