You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Dark Shadow In The Hall And Cat's Reaction

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow In The Hall And Cat's Reaction

 

We've only had my cat, Luna, for about six months now ever since we found her as a kitten in the backyard. Due to the general erratic cat behavior and the adolescent need to act the fool it's difficult to tell if she notices anything out of the ordinary around the house. That is until this morning.

Since I work nights and sleep most of the day we really don't have much time for bonding, so that time is usually in the early mornings right after work between 7:30 and 10 when we participate in our ritual belly rubbing/hand mauling. It was around 8:30 and not quite light out we were in the middle of our ritual while sitting in my computer chair when out of the corner of my eye I saw a brief glimpse of a dark shadow go past my door and down the hall. At the same time Luna looked up and started staring in that direction. She was staring so long that I set her on the floor where she ran out into the hall and stood there looking up and down the hallway for about a minute before coming back into the room and jumping back in my lap.

I know it wasn't my parents because my mom is short while the shadow was tall and even though my dad is taller than me this shadow seemed to be floor to ceiling tall. Part of me thought it was passing car lights causing the shadows move or something, but that doesn't really explain Luna's reaction because she wasn't looking when it passed by because her eyes were closed, but she still looked up in that direction at the exact same time I saw the movement, almost like she heard it go by. Another odd thing was when she came back to my lap since usually when her attention to something is broken she goes off to find something else to do, but this time she came right back.

I know this isn't all that exciting, but I just wanted to know what y'all think.

Other hauntings by 8-bitDemigod

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 8-bitDemigod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkSoul94 (3 stories) (4 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-02)
I am quite curious about this now as I have a cat myself so I know how well they can sense stuff more so than we can. It's a little disconcerting because you're like "what are they seeing, and why can't I see it." It makes me nervous when my cat does it. Especially during the night/early morning when the creep factor is at it's highest imo. Still is quite interesting. Look forward to more! ❤️
meinmein (6 stories) (9 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-28)
Cats are sensitive and can detect movement easily. Stared for a minute, Luna might really saw something. Also it couldn't be a person.
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-28)
I like story... Bootam, mohini love... Beach side making... You come please 😊
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-27)
[at] boo_boo_whoo

I'm glad you liked the story and I'm also glad it wasn't scary. I've had my fill of scary for at least a few years.

I think if Luna could talk all she'd say is "feed me" like a million times a day.
boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-27)
I think your kitty saw something. It would be nice if our pets could talk to us. I like your story because it's not scary. 😊 ❤
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-26)
[at] The_Lost_Voyage_11

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I guess I coulda done a follow up post 🤷‍♂️.

The only problem with what activity we have is how inconsistent it is. I could go months or years without noticing anything unusual and then sometimes it's like every other week I see or feel something. Maybe it just depends on how aware of my surroundings I am since I can be kind of spacey sometimes.

I'll do my best to keep y'all updated as things happen.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-26)
Hi 8-bitDemigod, I guess I should have clarified when I said something/somebody passing through, I meant a spirit. Sometimes they have been reported to just pass through homes and by people on their way to who knows what? Since you mentioned in your reply that there have been other shadows and feelings, it sounds like something bigger going on! I look forward to your other stories, that would help fill in some details and paint a better picture of what's going on in your home.
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
[at] The_Lost_Voyage_11

Thanks for the reply.

Ever since we moved into this house 32 years ago and even after I moved back in there's always been something happening at random times. From creepy feelings to shadows in the hall.

I have a few stories on here about it.

As for if the shadow was someone passing by, I don't think so. It was a fairly tall shadow amd my mom, who is the only early riser, isn't so much. What's more is that if anyone had gone to the kitchen or even the hall bathroom then Luna would have followed because she's nosey.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hello 8-bitDemigod, great story. It seems as if the cat was your witness to a bizarre sighting! It may have been something/somebody just passing through? Have you ever had any other unusual sightings or feelings in the home? How did you feel when it passed by? Cats are strange and sometimes their behavior does defy explanation, but they are sensitive and can see and hear things we can't, so it seems a good indication she too witnessed you 'visitor'. Whatever it was it seemed harmless, just puzzling. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: