You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Entity Of The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Entity Of The Tree

 

A little background about myself. I am a 22 year old Muslim girl living in Mumbai, India. This is my experience with the paranormal back in 2010 when I was 15.

My family had moved to our new home a few months prior to this incident. Back then I was a very religious girl (not so much anymore). I used to go to the mosque near my home for morning prayers. The mosque is around 15mins walking from my house. The morning prayers are approximately half an hour prior to sunrise so, it was always dark when I walked. However as I lived in Mumbai, it was never that the road was empty. To get to the mosque I'd have to take a left from a corner (which has a really creepy tree with a Garbage dumpster under it), that lane would reach the main road which is a one way lane (traffic can move in only one direction), I'd further walk straight to reach the mosque.

This particular day I woke up earlier than usual and decided to reach early (making me reach half an hour earlier than the prayer time) than take a snooze and be late.

I started walking and reached the corner with the tree, I noticed the road was empty (very unusual and unlikely). Suddenly all the stray dogs of my neighbourhood started barking real loud and running towards me with this crazy killing look in their eyes. I was a little taken back by this behavior as it included my unofficial stray dog pet (Waidy), who I feed daily. I know it's not like Waidy to come barking at me. It almost seemed like the dogs were about to bite me. I was praying to God with all my breath. I kept walking a little faster to distance myself and they kept getting closer. Finally, I almost reached the main road and Waidy was right behind me. She could almost sink her teeth into me when, a taxi stopped in front of me with it's back door open. I got in and shut the door and the taxi moves along the road. I look behind to see the dogs still barking at the spot I was standing before, getting into the taxi.

I asked the driver why he had his taxi stopped in the middle of the road with the door open and engine running (I was a little relived from being rescued but sceptical of the situation). The driver told me he was driving done the main road when all of a sudden he saw this huge white light ahead of him. He thought it was a truck coming the wrong way fast. He stopped his taxi and was worried the vehicles may collide. That's when the back seat door of his taxi opened and almost immediately I got in.

I did not open the taxi door, nor did the driver.

When I spoke to a psychic known to my family, he said that there was an entity from the tree that was following me and possibly wanted to posses my body. He said the dogs were indicating me that I was not alone.

As for the white light in front of the taxi, he said it was maybe my prayers that saved me from that entity.

I still live in the same home near the tree. I avoid going by the tree when it is dark. I have not discussed this experience with many people but on this site I felt I should. To anybody who is facing a bad time it'll be ok all you need is a little faith.

Other hauntings by Wiggling_sak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wiggling_sak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-23)
That must have been frightening having those dogs barking at you! If you ran they may have simply chased you - which would have really been a nightmare 😭
Thank God that taxi appeared just in time. What a strange set of circumstamces.
Thanks for sharing this with us all and I'm so glad you're safe!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
Very strange indeed. During your routine up down to the mosque, did you not noticed anything unusual. Very difficult to say whether if the spirit saved your life from the raging dogs or the dogs saved you from the spirit which was trying to possesed you.
Something is not lining-up...
No offense ment though.

Regards
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
So the psychic said the dogs were warning you? Maybe the dogs wanted you to really bolt and run but you didn't, and luckily there was a cab.

On a more logical explanation, however, I do have a dog and when I wear a cap or a hat, he is somewhat unable to recognize me until he could smell me or look closer. Maybe Waidy and the rest could not identify you because you were wearing a hijab and it was so dark. When dogs begin barking, the rest usually follow. As for the cabbie with an open backdoor, it could be that when he suddenly halted, his door threw open. Either way, you were lucky and blessed.:)

Thank you for your story. I hope you ensure your safety better this time, especially when you are alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: