You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow People And Weird Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People And Weird Happenings

 

First off, I would like to apologize in advance for how long this story is, these are several events that happened over a few years. My name is Rose, and I am in high school, the first experience happened when I was 5.

I had just moved into a new house in a different part of Indiana, a move that I did not want as I was leaving my friends I might add. When I was a kid I would always take a bath with the door open, so I did not feel alone. My mom would have me bathe upstairs while she was downstairs with my dad watching TV. Sometimes when I was in the bath a shadow man with a fedora would slowly glide pass the door. I would always get this feeling of dread and be terrified. This happened every day in broad day light mind you.

I don't remember when it started happening I just remember being five and noticing it happening. When I told my mom, she said I was just seeing "floaters" and eyes just do that. She said they usually just look like circles and are small but mine could be different. This went for a little while until I was so tired of being terrified all the time and complained to both my parents once more. My dad said draw what I was seeing. When I drew the picture of a black shadow in a trench coat and fedora they started closing my door when I would bathe, and everything was quiet for a while.

Then some years later when I was 12 about to be 13 as I was laying in my bed in the dark with the door cracked I saw a shadow sprint by. Now normally I was afraid of the dark (still kind of am) and slept with my lights on but I wanted to get over it. My mom was up working, so at first, I just thought it was her. I then realized there was no reason for her to be running and she cannot run that fast. Although I did not know what I had seen I was sure it was not my mom at that point. I was very tired however and I felt no real fear this time, so I just went to sleep.

I thought nothing of it but the next day my mom got a panic attack. It had been triggered by seeing a shadow figure sprint down the hall way whilst being in her bedroom. She called my name thinking it was me, but I was still down stairs watching Pretty little liars.

My dad was outside cutting the grass and we have a dog that would have gone crazy if that was a burglar or thief. Knowing all this she went into a panic attack. I talked to her about it after she had calmed down which is how I found out what triggered her, she also said she had seen something running down the hall way the night before but assumed it was me and said my name, but I didn't respond. She thought nothing of it the night before. This made me remember what had happened when I was five, and she got a book of prayers and said them loudly upstairs with me while blessing the house.

Fast forward to now, I'm in high school and some things are happening again. Neither my mom nor I have seen any shadow figures again, but I heard a muffled scream while sitting in my parent's room the other day and my mom heard a muffled cry coming from the same place, their closet, a day or two after. Now only a few more incidents have happened in between 7th grade and where I am now but they are small paranormal incidents and this story is long enough. Funny enough all the things happening now have my mom totally freaked where as I try and not pay much mind to them, I suppose the roles have reversed. I just wanted to share this story but anything any one could give some insight into would be appreciated. My mom feels as though these are demons. I think they are nothing more than a residential haunting. I would love to hear what you guys think in the comments and thanks to everyone who read this far.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Theblackrose28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
HI Black Rose,
Sorry to be so long in responding! The red circle intrigues me. Perhaps it could be linked to the red dot worn on the forehead of Hindu worshippers - the" tilaka," a "bottu," or "bindi."

"Hindu tradition holds that all people have three eyes, the two outer ones used for seeing the outside world, the third one focusing inward toward God. As such, the red dot signifies piety as well as serving as a constant reminder to keep God in the front of a believer's thoughts." (Snopes.com)

Now, I grant, this refers to a mark placed on the body not on a wall, however, maybe the family chose to use it as a symbol (similar to a cross being marked on the forehead of Catholics on Ash Wednesday vs as an ornament on a wall) as a reminder of God to help them cope with the activity in the home. I also found a book (The Cultural Dialectics of Knowledge and Desire
By Charles William Nuckolls), which references red circles painted on the wall as part of the ritual elements of a family shrine to family gods and ancestors.

In every source I have found, red is a positive, spiritual and protective color in Hindu beliefs. So I don't get the impression that the red circle could be the cause of the haunting but perhaps evidence that the previous residents experienced similar events.

As the haunting doesn't seem to have evolved within the current house, perhaps research on the land before the home was constructed could be helpful. Perhaps there was a previous structure there or perhaps something went on there before anything was ever built. In the latter case, it may be difficult to find any definitive answers but it can't hurt to check!
Awake1111 (18 posts)
-3
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
Ive had contact with these beings since a child and let me tell you THEY ARE NOT DEMONS everybody assumes it because theyre dark but demons are solid black and smells like rotten eggs. Shadow beings are actually extraterrestrials 👽 and they may be abducting you and you won't even remember it but I remember some of it. I have witnessed these shadows with my mother there's 3 different kinds. 1 is the shadow boy (not over 3ft tall no clothes no hair) its really not a boy it is a smaller grey👽. 2 it looks just like the shadow boy but around 5 ft tall so its a taller grey. 3 the hatman (tall wearing a trench coat and hat). These are all extraterrestrials. The average grey ranges at 3ft and 5ft some get very tall though and they try to disguise themselves by wearing human clothing like a coat and hat some races wear black jumpsuits some wear nothing. They are asexual and are part biological part mechanical they have a soul and appear as shadows to us from the non physical realm because they are multidimensional so they can go in and outa dimensions and their ships too. Their ships are connected to their conciousness theyre perception is higher up than ours they are millions and millions of years ahead of us. Some come to abduct for dna and sperm to create hybrid species which I have meet also and some just simply observe and what better way to observe us than watching us from a dimension we've yet to explore.
Integrist (83 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Hi Theblackrose28,

I find the story about the sprinting shadow figure intriguing as I had observed one sprinting towards me many years ago.
Since you described the feeling of dread and terror, and it is also scaring your mother, it is best to try to get rid of it rather than "explore".

I, for my part, wonder whether shadow figures could be souls from Purgatory making their presence known and thereby seeking help or whether they are demonic. I do not subscribe to the idea of souls hanging around on earth just to spook people.

Either way, as you are Indiana, you may want to visit any of the following places where the Traditional Latin Mass is offered, and ask for traditionally blessed and exorcised Holy Water: http://www.latinmasstimes.com/Indiana

If it is evil, it will have to leave.

All the best to you and yours!
Vincipincismamma (1 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Hi! To me it sounds like normal ghost-activities. The man in the hat should just be someone from mid-nineteenhundreds and the running person and the one making noises could be a child who's playing around.
They're not evil, just stuck and don't know how to move on.
Ask a medium for help.
Good luck!😊
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
I don't know but anything people paint over seems suspicious. I don't know what a red circle could be. Why would it be there in the first place? Did it have any decorations or words or anything too?

The black shadow man with a fedora seems to be a recurring image many others have seen too in other places. There are many posts on here with this same guy. I've even seen a shadow man myself and I think he may have had a hat as well. I don't know why the shadow man has a hat lol... Is he cold? Is he stylish? Haha. I've always wondered why. Frequently he has a cape/coat too. I don't know, very mysterious. I don't know if it's the same guy showing up everywhere or are there many of them? If your mom feels it could be a demon I'd take her feelings into consideration as to why she feels this. Many of us on here have just felt a spirit was bad or good. I'd consider it but also consider other possibilities. It could be negative energy, could be a lost soul, a figment of our imagination... I don't know. I never discount anything I just ponder on them and try to discern the time of day, details, anything to help figure it out. Notate everything next time. Like, could it be a breeze making curtains fly in the wind making it look like a man, or just be you are seeing things not really there. I always look for plausible reasons as well... Maybe your mom was scared all along but pretended to not be when you were younger. I think she is just stressed out from it all. I've experienced the same things in my previous house and it made me a basket case too by the time we moved. I think more observation and more attention to details might help in figuring it all out. Good luck and safe protection to you and your family.
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
[at] AugustaM I definitely will! To my current knowledge only one family before us lived here, they were a Hindu family with two young twin boys. No one lived here before them because they built the house. The house is only 15 years old. My mom said when we first moved in she noticed a red circle on the wall of one of the upstairs rooms that is close to the corridor where all the shadow activity happened. It looked like it could have been used for rituals, but she just painted over it. So now I am wondering if the people before us noticed the same thing and perhaps did a cleansing ritual. What do you think?
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
[at] elhub yeah, sure! My email is cooliogirlfriend78 [at] gmail.com, I really look forward to hearing your thoughts on my experience.
elhub (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
Hey can you share your email address. I would like to talk to you privately.

Thanks in advance!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
I am no demonologist but I am not picking up on anything distinctly demonic in the activity you have described either. Have you done any research on the house and immediate surrounding area? The muffled sounds from the closet hint at something sinister having gone on when my mind pairs it with the intimidating man in the fedora. A trip to the library and city hall records might be in order. Try a few Googles first and see what you turn up.

Even though I may speculate that something not so nice may have once gone on in your home, I think you are right on with your assumption that this is residual. I don't think you have anything genuinely to fear though I don't think anyone could help being a bit unnerved now and then by such surprises! 😁
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
[at] Melda thank you much for all the help. My mind has been put at ease and yes it probably was still the dream. I will look Into the house cleansing, all should be fine.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Blackrose - If you start thinking about demons and shapeshifters you are seriously going to start scaring yourself! Of course it isn't impossible but it's highly unlikely. As a child I was haunted by what I considered to be some pretty scary things but as much as they terrified me, they weren't demons. Those nasty things are on a very different level.

I think that your four foot spider was probably part of your dream. Remember your mind is already working overtime with the spiritual activity in your home, even when you're asleep (perhaps causing some of your nightmares) and I believe that it's very possible that when you wake up from a bad dream you can see something that actually isn't there - it could even be a form of continuation of the dream activity. Obviously I'm speculating.

I'll give you an example. A few months ago I dreamt that I was being chased by a huge snake, about Anaconda size. I won't go into all the details but as I was running from this snake I fell out of bed. I bumped my head on my bedside table and the glass of water I keep there spilled all over my head. I was awake but still thought I was being chased by this snake. My poor husband almost had a heart attack because even though I was awake I was still in flight mode. As I said, just an example.

Please try to convince your parents to have that house cleansing done, in whichever manner you decide is best for you.

Regards, Melda
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Update- Hey everyone! Night before last I heard footsteps upstairs while everyone was downstairs. Then later when I went to bed I had a nightmare and woke myself up. Then last night I don't remember the dream but somewhere between waking up and getting out of bed I saw like a four foot spider. I have a severe fear of spiders so it all happened to fast for me to know what happened when I saw that I booked it to my parents room. Where I spent the rest of the night. (Don't judge I would rather sleep in a graveyard than a room with a spider much less a four foot one) some time in the night I realized there were no four feet spiders in Indiana nor America I am pretty sure so I said it must have been a dream. Then my mom said something that changed everything " what if it was something shapeshifting to scare you" then I thought about something I read on here about spider demons. Which freaked me out the rest of the night. Then this morning as I was finished commenting, I walked into their room. And my mom said "huh I just had a nightmare" all of this is giving me bad signs. At my grandparents previously haunted house nightmares are common. Does this mean the spirit that MAY (can't be too sure) be in outer house is malevolent? Would appreciate some insight.
Thanks,
Rose
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
[at] babygoatpuller thank you so much for the advice! I had another experience last night and the night before which have made me feel anything but good however. I've tired to brush them off and not seem scared, because a friend of mine once told me ghost know when you are afraid and will try to mess with you harder or literally terrify you. He apparently was told this after "talking" with a lady spirit. I want to update you guys on my last experience and I promise I will.
Theblackrose28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Thank you! I will definitely check out those spells. [at] Melda I have had experiences in my grandparents house but their house is haunted as well. I have also had a nightmare in a hotel of a spirit screaming at me through a telephone. It was hard for me to wake myself up and it was choking me but I did wake up and when I did there was a shadow half way down the little hotel hall already. But I'm not sure if my freaked out mind made me see that.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-24)
Blackrose - You mentioned that you moved when you were five years old, so I take it that you are still living in the same house with the shadow figure.

Have you ever experienced anything paranormal when you've been away from home, such as when you spend weekends or vacations away? I'm just curious to know whether you have only experienced this type of event in your home.

Babygoatpuller has given you good advice about using rookdygin's cleansing method. Depending on your religious beliefs, you could also have a blessing/cleansing done.

(Link to rook's profile page: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155)

Regards, Melda.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-23)
Blackrose,

The comment by Babygoatpuller echoes my thoughts exactly. I agree; Go with your gut and sit down with your mother to discuss everything.

Please keep us updated 😊

Dee
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-23)
blackrose-

"Roles reversed". I love it! 😁 I have to agree with you about it being a "residential haunting", (I think you meant residual but either works for me 😜)

Since you don't feel any fear from it, it's probably benevolent and you shouldn't worry about it. Your mom on the other hand is probably in such a panic because it's all new to her and she doesn't know how to deal with it so goes into panic mode just like you did when you were a child.

You sound like you've got some common sense so maybe try sitting down with her and discussing what all has happened to you and try to help her to be a little less frightened by it. It's the fear of the unknown more than anything I think and thankfully she has you to talk to about it. That'll go a long way. Boy, talk about ironic role reversals!

I'm certain it's not anything "demonic" as I'd think that your common sense gut would tell you it was something of a more evil nature.

Also talk to your mom about a well used home blessing our own rookdygin has on here. He's got it on his home page and it's been a well proven tool, used by many here, that may help your mom.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: