You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Band Of Runners

Real Ghost Stories

Band Of Runners

 

I had a lot of paranormal things happen in my life when I was a child up until I got married and moved away. Not so many things happen to me anymore, and I believe it is because the place where I grew up (not only the house but the whole area), was a sort of paranormal hot spot; a portal, if you will, for the strange and unworldly. Now, this story isn't frightening and it might not even have been paranormal, but it just didn't feel right. You decide for yourself.

This happened to me about 40 years ago. I remember it was about 2:00 am when I woke up because I looked at the clock beside my bed. For some reason, I felt compelled to look out the window. I don't remember if I heard something or I just had a feeling, but for whatever reason, I got out of bed and peeked out between the blinds at the street which was illuminated by a street light.

Running down the road was a procession of what appeared to be young men, each carrying a musical instrument. I remember one was even carrying a tuba, and they were running as fast as they could go. It was a week night and quite late for a band to have been practicing somewhere, and it just struck me as very strange. It just didn't feel right.

It felt very surreal. In the days afterward, I never heard anything about instruments being stolen, never heard a band practicing in the area and I never saw these people again.

One thing I do know is that sometimes things we see are a screen for what is really happening, so I often wonder what I really saw that night. Not everything is paranormal, but it just didn't feel right and it has stuck with me all these years.

Other hauntings by Spockie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spockie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
Ok my similar experience was just published it went up rather down in the list so it doesn't show in the "Latest Stories" pull down but here is the link:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25757
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
Darkfox, I just don't know. I suppose it could have been a residual haunting, or it could have been an otherworldly play enacted for my eyes alone by a group of spiritual tricksters. It's interesting to think about and wonder about.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
AugustaM, I'm looking forward to reading your story, "The Iris Parade." I will be looking for it.
Darkfox (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
It was a really strange experience, it is very odd for a group of men to be out at night playing music. I think you saw the spirits of some thieves running after stealing the instrument😂. I've heard about certain places preserving the memories of the past incidents occurred in that place and eventually the events repeat themselves at intervals. It's just a theory though.;)
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Wow! I have had a very similar experience and at about the same age! I was going to respond with it here as a comment but after I typed the whole thing out I realized it was far too long and the more I think on it and your account the more I get to thinking that we both experienced paranormal parades:-D. I am submitting it now - if it meets with the moderators' approval, it will be entitled "The Irish Brigade".
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-27)
Hi Spockie,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. I love how strange and out of the ordinary your experience is. Definitely adding your account to my favorite's.

- Dee 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Spockie - when reading your story, I immediately thought of a military band. Don't know why, but that's what I saw when reading. Are there any bases nearby or anything like that? Or even anything that is no longer there?
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Thanks, Tweed. It is strange that this has stuck with me for so many years. It was just one of those weird, head scratching things.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
CRuskin, no there is no university anywhere nearby. There was a junior high school and an elementary school, but about 8 blocks away. These folks looked too big for junior high kids.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-26)
Curious Dee, I couldn't see their faces. They did not have on band uniforms or anything, just regular street clothes. They all did appear to be male. I remember horns, a drum, a tuba. They ran on up the street and out of sight, but it was all so silent.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-24)
Hi Spockie,

Regardless of if they were ghosts or physical people larking about, I think you may be missing the most extraordinary detail of all: You sensed their presence, woke up, AND watched them! You 'knew' something abnormal was afoot. That counts for otherworldly in my book.
What the heck moments that stick with us help us, I believe. Perhaps your continued befuddlement over this has helped you connect the dots with similarly perplexing moments, moments which matter to you and those you love. I'm not suggesting this event had secretive cosmic symbolic undertones for you, I'll leave that to conspiracy theorists lol, but that there's a positive take away. A bit of wisdom behind why some things stick with us.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed this and I'd love to know what exactly was behind it too!😊
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Spockie, is there a university nearby? While reading your story, I got the impression of a band prank/hazing of freshmen sort of vibe.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Spockie - If this had been a real life event why would they be running? Perhaps residual? Who knows - lots of really strange things happen out there...

Regards, Melda
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-18)
Spockie,

I love these types of stories. It almost sounds ordinary or some may brush it off as "easily explained". My first thought was this is an extraordinary encounter. I'm a big fan of "going with your gut instinct" too.

I have some questions, if it's all right?

Do you remember any details regarding their clothing?

Did you see any facial expressions or pick up on any emotions (coming from the young men) when you witnessed this?

Do you remember seeing any other instruments?

Did they disappear from your view or just disappear altogether?

Sorry for all the questions, I find your account fascinating. Thank you for sharing!

-Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: