You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Shadow Man? Or Evil Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow Man? Or Evil Spirit

 

Hey all, I've been following YGS for a long time now and finally decided to share my own experiences. I've had many of them, some creepy and some funny. But, today I'll post my first ever encounter which introduced me to the other world. It dates back to 2008 or 2009 when I was probably 7 or 8 years old.

We'd some guests at our home and they had to sleepover because of the bad weather. They were given my room. I slept with my parents that night.

It was around 01:00 or so, past midnight. I wasn't able to sleep, I don't know why. I was just tossing in the bed. My parents were on either side of the bed so I was in the middle, probably lucky enough because it protected me.

I turned to my mother's side and there it was, a black shadow possibly staring me. It was all black, no eyes, no ears, no mouth or nose nothing.

I was shocked because nothing was there five minutes earlier. I wasn't able to move. And I was staring direct into it's face trying to figure out if it was my cousin playing a prank; but no, because I'd myself locked the door from inside.

Suddenly, that shadow or whatever it was tried to grab me. Luckily, at that time my mom put one of her arms around me like she knew what was going on. I felt peace at that and just shut my eyes tightly as possible, chanted a holy verse (being from a spiritual family my dad had made me learn some). It worked, I could feel it. I soon drifted to sleep. The moment I woke up next morning, I narrated this to my parents. They comforted me.

I still wonder what could've happened if my mom hadn't put her arm around me. That incident still gives me chills.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknowngirldot, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Awake1111 (18 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-08-29)
Ive been in contact w shadows since a child it is not your imagination I have witnessed them wide awake with my mother. They appear as shadows from the non physical dimension but in reality theyre extraterrestrials and look like this 👽 I see them ALOT awake or asleep. Before I moved recently I was in a deep sleep but I'm the type to wakeup if the energy changes so instantly I went from a deep sleep to opening my eyes and there was a shadow standing not even a foot from me and I have never seen it so solid I actually thought a man broke in my home and once it knew I was awake it ran in my dining room through the kitchen wall. I have been having outa body experiences since I started seeing these beings. I have had abduction dreams where I'm being taken by 3 shadows and later dropped off by the greys 👽 I have seen a ufo 3 times in my life too. Extraterrestrials are multidimensional
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Very interesting story. Thank you for sharing it.
I've woken to a shadow man next to the bed also (as an adult - it was next to my husband's side of the bed). It didn't scare me. I could move just fine (no sleep paralysis involved here, and it doesn't sound at all like that was your case either from what you say in your story), but the shadow figure was still for a while like it was expecting me to just go back to sleep. He eventually turned his head and walked away while I watched the whole time.

Given that it seemed like it was about to grab you (thank goodness for your mom), have you had any encounters since then?
seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
same as my telugu teachers experience little change only
the shadow was ladies shadow
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Welcome to YGS.

In my opinion, it seems like what you experienced was sleep paralysis, though frightening, it's a normal part of the process of dreaming/falling asleep during which the brain shuts down the voluntary use of muscles to prevent a person acting out their dreams, oftentimes people report having hallucinations at the moment of waking up.

I imagine how scary and hard to understand this must had been at such age but, fortunately, you never were in danger.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: