You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Remnants/humanoid Shadow Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Remnants/humanoid Shadow Figures

 

Every few months these black shadowy figures appear either on the corner nearby or across the street from my house. I believe that something horrible has happened on that corner, leading to my calling them Remnant. They are completely black, tall, and have appeared to look male. No features like a face or eyes can be seen on these figures. Anytime either I see them or they see me a horrible wave of terror and paranoia washes over me. Within the month of seeing one something horrible happens in my life. I believe they have begun to take notice to me and me noticing their presence due to the fact of the one appearing across the street. My close friend has also seen one before near her house with almost identical results. I've become desperate for information on these Remnants and any possible ways to keep them at bay or to get rid of them.

I believe they are highly dangerous and don't recommend going to look for them. I don't wish to harm them if possible but if that's the only way to get rid of them I will do so. I don't have any contact with them seeing how I don't have a Ouija board, if anyone is willing to try and make verbal contact with one that would be greatly appreciated. If someone somehow runs across this and has any information or have had a run-in with one please email me at SylvianStarzzz@gmail.com with the subject labeled as Remnant-Info. Please do not contact me for any other reason. This story isn't fictional and I'm genuinely asking if anyone has have any type of experience with these beings.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SylvianStarz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-07)
I think that they are shadow people and from my experiences you get utter dread when you see them and it feels like they can see into your soul. They don't feel like regular human ghosts and I've been researching shadow people for awhile now and all I can come up with is that they are other worldly and they can possibly feed off negativity and fear?
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
SylvianStars,

Thank you for sharing your encounters. You yourself stated that you and you friend both have seen these shadow entities and more importantly you both had a wave of terror and paranoia to come over you. There are many accounts on YGS of this same phenomena and also all over the internet. There are several paranormal researchers who have compiled many of the encounters and applied the appropriate calculations to at least provide some useful statistics. In order to spare others like yourself the very real dangers of trying to contact any possible spiritual entity. Some observations that agree with what the other posters have posted and a few more from years of research, simple high risk issues that cannot be overlooked when dealing with the spiritual dimensions, they a dark or blacker than the night-I have never come across an encounter in all my research where unnaturally dark entities are ever good, odds are that your encounters are not by chance, spirits usually do not manifest physically for any other reason than to be seen by us, the vibe that you received when you encounter them, again why would some nice spirit manifest in front of you or your friend in dark scary form, put off spiritual vibes of sheer terror and paranoia, and really just want to make friends? All indication is that these are not entities that you want to know. If you try to communicate with them in any way, especially not with a ouija board or seance, but really in any way it will open a spiritual door for them to come through because you sought to contact them, when really no one should be doing that. Once the door is open from your attempts to contact them, if they are bad spirits and I would guess that they are based just on the info that you gave us, they can really get into your life and cause you some serious issues that you may not be prepared to get out of without some special help. They may be appearing to you because they know that you are very inquisitive and that if they appear to you, you will more than likely try to seek them out and possibly communicate with them and then they would have that open door to step in a try to take over your life. Thankfully you came hear first to ask people that have experience and have researched these things. Do I know that all I Have written here is true, not always 100%, but the statistics of where many of these similar situations go is not well if you seek these things out not knowing what you are dealing with in the least. One truth about the spirit world is, you cannot trust what you hear or experience as the truth, there is really now way to confirm any of it and there are a lot of deceptive spirits out there trying to find a permanent home in our dimension and to make a mess of people's lives.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
SylvianStarz, I have seen shadow figures. I've also started to think that they are associated with negativity.

I'm going to be blunt here, based on nothing but my own experience and belief. So I hope that I don't offend anyone - and keep in mind it is just my own opinion.

I think you should stop focusing on these figures. Ignoring them and thinking about really positive things when you see them (so that you have no fear, but just good thoughts) may make them stop hanging around. There is nothing you can do about them. You have to live your life to the best and most fulfilling way that you can - love and happiness - and the shadow figure is a fact, but with no answer. I keep writing my observations (and will likely submit another story about something that happened with a shadow figure a few nights ago), in the event that we can start (as a community of folks that have seen these) to establish a basis of understanding trends. But I don't believe you can do anything about them except remove their power source (by being positive and ignoring them). Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Not 100% sure about this, but here is my advice.

Research the history of the area, I agree knowledge is power.
If you truly feel threatned by then please check my profile, there you will find a cleansing and SHIELDING method that you are welcome to try.

Please ask any questions you may have and keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-30)
These eerie figures may be nothing but harbingers. They foretell of something about to happen but have no actual hand in the event itself - just messengers. We have harbingers in our apartment building though ours take the form of black cats. They foreshadow the severe illness or impending death of a pet.

I second the call for research into your neighborhood. Both since its construction and before.

I also have to second the Ouija caution. There are, however, other *somewhat* safer methods of communication. Always do your own thorough research first and, if possible, reach out to those in the know - for example, new age stores and spiritualist churches are usually good for this sort of thing. A few things to look into are EVP sessions, meditation and pendulum communication.

Remember, above all things, knowledge is power ❤ Always be mindful and cautious and keep us posted!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
SylvianStarz,

Welcome to YGS. You sound very distressed, I'm sorry you're going through this. I have a few questions, if it's alright? To better understand your situation:

When did you start noticing the figures?

Was there anything (stressful) going on in your life at the time you first noticed them?

Do you have any information on something that happened at the location they appear?

How do you know they 'notice or see' you?

What has happened after you see them?

Lastly; I (and many people) do not recommend using a Ouija board. There really is no way to guarantee 'who or what' you come into contact with. I would avoid it completely.

There are many helpful members here who have great suggestions. I think a bit more information and details will help us help you.

-Dee
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Hi, Sylvian Starz. I don't personally have any means of contacting these entities, and I'm also thinking of your advice not to go looking for them. 😁

Have you or your friend looked into the histories of your respective neighborhoods? What sort of things happened in places, that were known about. Some evil things, such as child abuse, can go on for years with a clever abuser managing to keep such things well hidden. It's also possible no evil thing happened in the area at all.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: