You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shakers

Real Ghost Stories

The Shakers

 

This particular incident happened to me when I was about 10 years old. Till now I wonder that what was it?

We have a two storey house in which My Father, Mother, Brother, and myself used to sleep upstairs.

It was just the night before Diwali (festival of lights and crackers celebrated in India). My maternal cousins came to visit us. All of them were busy decorating the house and me being the smallest had particularly nothing to do.

It was almost 10:30pm and I was feeling sleepy. My Mother told me to go upstairs and sleep as my Father was already upstairs doing some of his office work. I went upstairs and got into my bed. My Father was in his room engrossed in doing his work. There was a room in between my Father's room and my room. After about 15 minutes my Father went to the bathroom and soon after there was a power cut.

I was trying to get some sleep when suddenly I felt a jolt on my bed. I immediately woke up confused. Nothing happened for two minutes so I went back to sleep. Again there was a second jolt and I woke up. I was sitting on my bed and thinking what was happening when slowly the bed started shaking. Our rooms were plunged into darkness and I was unable to see anything. The shaking of my bed gradually increased and I was literally crying not knowing what to do. I called out to my Dad in a feeble voice which he didn't hear as he was in the bathroom. I was crying continuously and didn't have the guts of looking under the bed or getting out of the bed and running downstairs to my Mother. The shaking was continuing with its full intensity. It went on for almost twenty minutes.

Just then the lights came and I jumped out of my bed without looking behind and ran downstairs to my Mother. My Father tried to stop me but all I wanted was my Mother's lap at that point of time. Looking at my face my Father also came downstairs. Everyone enquired that why I was sobbing?. I told them everything. Everyone was concerned as I was sobbing and crying from past half an hour. My Mother calmed me down and I slept with my aunt downstairs that night.

Next day My Father went to a Church and told the whole incident to a priest, on which he told that as it was a no moon night, a passing spirit had gained strength and finding a child alone had tried to scare.

My Father brought a big framed Picture of Lord Hanuman and hung it on the wall right above my bed. After that nothing of that sort happened but the incident left a deep impact on my mind as I was child, and did not understand whatever my Father told us about the incident. Now after so many years sometimes I think what would have happened if I would have got up from the bed or looked under the bed...

Other hauntings by Rashmibandana

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashmibandana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sugarANDspice (19 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
That was so scary. I hope it didn't happened again. You're brave.

Love. S&s ❤
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Rashmibandana - When I was around six, for several months in the evening as I was trying to get to sleep, my bed would shake as if someone were rocking it to help me drift off. I found it odd but not frightening and it stopped as unexpectedly as it had started. Your terrified response very well might have been what caused the spirit to stop the shaking and to never return.

As my shaking occurred every night for months, even when I was in a different state, I would suggest it unlikely that there being no moon had anything at all to do with your encounter. I understand different cultures have different beliefs but that seems like a superstition. When my rocking occurred I did look under my bed. There was nothing to see.

Saturn, you state, "no one can experience a paranormal incidence in open daylight". This is simply not true. There are thousands of well documented paranormal encounters that have taken place in the brightness of daylight that psychical research case study books have documented. There are countless accounts here on YGS. Take a look.
Saturn (1 stories) (12 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Darkfox, it is said that light keeps all evil at bay. Hence, no one can experience a paranormal incidence in open daylight. All said, we do know that sunlight reflects off the moon. So, moonlight prevents evil spirits to gain their full potential, but on a newmoon night due to lack of moonlight, evil sprits gain their full strength and try to harm the innocent. This is the reason why children are prevented from going out on a newmoon night. This is the reason why people say newmoon nights are dangerous.
Tantrics use newmoon night to perform their rituals to harm their enemies by way of dark spirits.
I hope I clarified your doubt. 😊
Nazreen (1 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
😳 I believe... God or heaven didn't create fear so try to be brave cause we are more then we'll ever know!
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Darkfox, even I do not know that if the newmoon myths are true or false. I just listened that something of that sort happened to me due to a spirit. Anyway Thanks for reading.
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
It was something really terrifying you've experienced. I am glad no harm was done to anyone in the house especially you, as the spirit gained strength. I 've read in many stories in this site, about spirits becoming powerful on a new moon day, why is that? Any cultural beliefs? Or any religious postules? I am just curious... 😉.

Cool story, looking forward for your next post ❤.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
RCRuskin. The whole house knew that there was a powercut. And it wasn't an earthquake as nobody mentioned it. I wish I could describe more clearly.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Rashmi, your description sounds very much like the first earthquake I experienced, except the earthquake did not last for 20 minutes. It barely lasted one.

Did anyone else in the house report the power going out or was that just in your room?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: