You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Legs

Real Ghost Stories

The Legs

 

YGS Readers here's another experience to share with you people. This incident happened with my Father and his friends when they were about 19 years old. They were studying in College that time. All were students and loved to spend time with each other, talking, laughing and having fun.

During vacations six of the friends usually used to spend the afternoon time together. There was a one room library with barely 200 hundred books on a wooden almirah and a lone wooden chair. There was a carpet spread on the floor. As the room was in a secluded area my Dad and his friends started going there to explore the books and spending the spare time there. Nobody was staying there in that area especially in the afternoon.

One such afternoon at about 2pm in the afternoon, all six of them after having lunch at their respective homes, rushed to the library, to spend their afternoon time together. All of them reached there and as usual started playing carrom board. Four of them were engrossed in playing the game. Two of them were watching and gossiping simultaneously as well. Now my Father was sitting, facing the wooden chair and the almirah.

My Father recalls there was a continuous sound of something screeching on the floor, but none of them cared to look around. Being the careless nineteen year olds they did not think that something so frightening was going to happen with them.

While playing the game suddenly my Father saw two legs hanging down from the wooden chair, as if someone was sitting on that chain with his legs hanging down as we usually sit. The chair itself has moved from its place and to everyone's horror was behind Dad's friend who was sitting opposite my Father. Dad screamed to his friend to look behind. He looked onto his back and immediately lost consciousness due to shock. What they saw was beyond imagination. There was no sign of an upper body or torso, only there were two legs still hanging down from the chair. All five of them were aghast and scared out of their wits. All of them were absolutely shocked.

Somehow they managed to revive their unconscious friend as he slowly regained consciousness, they collected their belongings and rushed to the the door to get out of that room, but to their horror what all of them saw was a sight to remember for a lifetime. They saw an translucent outline of a man blocking the door and preventing them from coming outside. All of them were sweating profusely. The eldest one of them gathered some courage and started chanting the Gayatri Mantra loudly. Seeing him everyone gathered some courage too and started Chanting the same with trembling but loud voices. Holding hands of one another, slowly all of them came out of room. After coming out all of them started running towards their respective homes.

Next day again all of them met at one place but it was definitely not in the library room as now everyone was sure that that it was haunted to the core. But to find out what was actually in there, all of them decided to go to the person's house who was in charge of the library.

They met him, and after hearing everything in detail all six of them got an earful and scolding as well. The one who passed out at that time was suffering from mild fever. After a lot of scolding from the librarian, they came to know that actually the room belonged to a man who mostly spent his time sitting on that chair as there was no one to look after him. When he became very old, people of that area requested him to entrust his room for a library so students can come there easily and collect some knowledge from the books. But the old man was ignorant in giving his room.

After a few months he died leaving the room unused. As the room was unclaimed people in that area decided to make use of the room by making it a library. After opening the library barely a month had gone by, two sweepers who slept at night on the either side of the door on the floor, had suddenly died in their sleep. Both of them were found dead in the morning and their post mortem revealed nothing. Soon after the librarian also felt uncanny due to which he stopped going to the library altogether.

My Father and his friends sweared to God that they won't go anywhere near the room. The librarian suggested that all of them should go to the temple of Lord Shiva and seek his blessings and drink some holy water.

After the incident the room was doubled locked by the librarian but all of them got the lesson of the life of not going to any secluded place in their whole life.

Sorry for the mistakes and Thank you.

Other hauntings by Rashmibandana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashmibandana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hello Sushant, such experiences are not to be forgotten. I will share more. Thanks for reading. Plz share Your uncle's story as well.
Regards.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hello Rashmi, your father's encounter reminds me of my maternal uncle who used to study with his pals in a room situated at terrace where they all used to hear footsteps of someone walking wearing "Khadayu" (wooden slippers).
Death of those two cleaners were quite unusual. May be they died in their nightmares.

Regards
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Seemayadav, Thanks for reading. I wii definitely share more. 😊
seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Very scary experience this is... Thanks for sharing experience with us
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
It's a pleasure rashmi 😁. I am looking forward to them, I hope they are not as terrifying as this one
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hey ladyglow and Darkfox. I have many more experiences to share with you all. Most of them has happened with my Father. Though unknowingly but he has come across many more unfortunate incidents which I will share in due course. Thank u so much for reading my stories ❤
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Ladyglow, how would I know cause I was not present there. We live in Cuttack which is in Odisha. It was not a very big town so most of the people knew each other. Being nineteen year olds they did what they found right at that time. If they had known the history of the library earlier, they wouldn't have gone there. Anyway everybody have their own opinion. Thanks for reading.
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Lol LG- So true! If every place on earth would be inhabited by such spirits, then where would we go 😭. WE NEED ADVENTURES!
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Hey there,.

Quite a horrific experience for your father and friends, it was really a mystery about the death of the cleaners, but are you sure that the legs were of that old man?, Cause I believe that the old man experienced a natural death, and hence, there is no reason for him to linger in this world.

Maybe in that interval between the old man's death and opening of the library, that place was inhabited by some other vengeful spirit. Or maybe that old man knows something about the library which he don't want to reveal, maybe he had already known about this spirit and that's why was unwilling to give up the room, in the fear that this trapped spirit would get released and would cause harm to others.

Or he knew some priestly methods to trap that spirit there for eternity and after his death, the methods got weaker.

It is just a theory 😆. I found your account very interesting, keep this up, and looking forward to your next post 😊.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-29)
Noooo! 😭
"all of them got the lesson of the life of not going to any secluded place in their whole life"

What would the world be like if everyone were afraid of adventure?

Do you know if your father and his friends were aware of the library's history? Did the man in charge informed them when all these happened?
I find it odd that they would know where to find the librarian but seemed oblivious to the deaths taking place there.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Rex-T thanks for reading. It was an experience shared by my Dad and his friends. In those days nobody had the guts of examining the matter which included the death of two people. God only knows why was the spirit so malicious.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Rashmibandana,

Thanks for sharing your father's account.

Just seeing the legs (only) dangling down from the chair would be shocking and confronting - certainly leaving one in no doubt that they were witnessing some type of paranormal apparition. That all 6 people witnessed this certainly adds weight to a manifestation of a ghost.

I'm intrigued by (what appears to be) a mystery over how the two cleaners died. You see, I don't understand why the possible spirit of the elderly man appears to be so threatening. I would have thought that he would be happy seeing people enjoy his room.

Perhaps a little research into the cause of death for the cleaners and the old man may reveal some link - possibly with the chair.

Regards
Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: