You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadows On Sentosa

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows On Sentosa

 

Sentosa Island, located off the south coast of Singapore was once a little fishing village called Pulau Panjang. Then a severe epidemic (most probably malaria) wiped out most of the British signal station staff on the island, along with many of the local villagers. It took such a dire toll that by 1848, the island had become known as Pulau Blakang Mati, "island of death from behind".

There were three artillery forts on the island by the 1880s, which had been used in the Battle of Singapore in February 1942. After the fall of Singapore, Blakang Mati became a prisoner-of-war camp for about 400 Allied (British and Australian) troops. The Japanese soldiers were believed by some to have executed up to 100, 000 Chinese (mainly civilians) on the beach during Operation Sook Ching.

Pulau Blakang Mati was renamed Sentosa by the Singapore government in 1972, which is derived from Malay meaning "peace and tranquillity". Today, Sentosa is a resort island with theme parks, a casino, hotels and several residences. But its history as a place of death still echoes in many parts of the island.

In February 1988, my elder sister, Lily (names mentioned have been changed) rented a holiday chalet on Sentosa which was owned by the company she worked for at the time. The family would spend the whole weekend there - our first family holiday in years. It was also a good opportunity for my folks to get better acquainted with Damon, my fiancΓ© at the time.

The holiday chalet was a long two-storey building, with white-washed walls, and an overgrown tropical garden. It had once been used as an army barracks for the British during the colonial period in the late 1800s.

When I stepped into the house, for a moment it was as if the walls were closing in on me. The surrounding air felt sluggish and thick. For a house with airy, high-ceilings, it seemed rather dark, even on a sunny day. I kept my impressions to myself though; I didn't wish to appear ungrateful to Lily.

While the rest of us watched TV, Lily's husband, Galen spent hours patiently teaching Damon and my younger sister, Cara how to play mahjong. Mahjong is a Chinese game played with tiles by four people; rather like a cross between bridge and gin-rummy. My mother would join in every now and then to elaborate on the finer points of the game.

When the time came to settle for the night, Damon was allocated a room by himself because my parents held to traditional cultural ideals on what was deemed "proper behaviour". It didn't make much sense to Damon (who was born in Europe but grew up in Australia); we were both in our mid-twenties, had been together as a couple for a year and were engaged. Furthermore, the room he'd been given must have once been a storeroom of some kind. It was small and boxy, with no windows or openings, except a few small vents cut high up on the far wall near the ceiling. The air in the room felt heavy and oppressive. I felt claustrophobic when I saw it and wanted to say that no one should stay there. But Damon decided to keep the peace and simply put up with the sleeping arrangement.

That night, I kept tossing and turning, twitching at every creak of the settling wood, jumping at the chirps and clicks of the geckos (lizards). At one point, I needed to go to the bathroom. It was a huge communal affair with two doors, one on either side of the chamber. Stark white tiles lined the walls and the floor, making it look like a sinister morgue. My bare feet echoed with a slap-slap sound on the worn tiles.

I found myself glancing over my shoulder every few minutes. The bathroom appeared empty to my eyes, but the nape of my neck prickled with the sensation that I was being watched. I had no wish to linger there any longer than absolutely necessary.

As I hurried out of the bathroom and into the hallway that led to the bedroom, I thought I saw something dark move on the central staircase that linked the floors. I blinked; there was nothing. The place really gave me the creeps.

When morning light came, I immediately went to check on Damon. A thin sliver of amber light limned the bottom of the door. When I knocked on the door, he was already awake and fully dressed.

Damon had spent the night with the light on because the total darkness that met him when he turned off the light was unnerving. For some reason, he didn't feel safe or alone in the room. That weird feeling seemed to lessen when the light was on. He had not bothered to change because he thought it best to be prepared in case he had to get up and leave in a hurry. That room really felt like a holding cell. He was eager to leave the confines of the room.

We found Lily having minor hysterics in the kitchen because there had been a rat burglar in the pantry. The greedy rodent had gotten into the bread in the night and happily chewed its way through half the loaf. Dad thought the whole situation was hilarious. Fortunately, Galen managed to calm Lily down and Mum cobbled together a hasty breakfast with whatever edible food that was left.

Cara seemed rather subdued at the breakfast table. When Mum asked her what was wrong, all she would say was that she hadn't slept well.

It was about two decades later when I would learn what had happened to Cara. She had found the place "creepy" as well. There were several windows in the house, yet the bedrooms and adjoining hallways remained dimly-lit and gloomy.

The wooden staircase positioned right in the centre of the house gave Cara the most cause for unease. It was an imposing structure, standing like a sentinel in the shadows, overlooking all activity that went on in the place from its vantage point. What she found odd about it was that it felt much cooler there than anywhere else in the house.

Whenever Cara was on the staircase, she would get the distinct feeling that someone or something was following her. This eerie sensation happened at specific places on or near the staircase. If she were to come out from the bedroom and step into the darkened hallway, moments later she would feel this presence. It would follow her from the top of the stairs and all the way down to the bottom step. If she were to come up the stairs, it would be there right behind her by the time she reached the top step.

Cara made a point of hurrying up and down the stairs as quickly as possible. She found that if she stayed still too long in one spot on the stairs, her neck would tingle, warning her of this shadow person.

Whatever it was, it had a very definite presence. She felt it was hostile and angry at our intrusion. It didn't want us there disturbing the peace and most definitely wanted us to get out.

As we were discussing Cara's experience at Sentosa, my mother suddenly spoke up, 'I think I saw that shadow too.'

We all turned to her in surprise.

My mother had been heading out from her bedroom at the time when she thought she saw a dark figure already on the stairs. Thinking it was one of us, she continued onto the staircase but found no one there. When she came downstairs, we were all watching Galen, Damon, Cara and Lily having a mahjong session.

Mum had only just remembered the incident when we were talking about Sentosa. She had dismissed it from her mind all those years ago as just a play of shadows.

Other hauntings by Jubeele

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jubeele, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Hi Jubelee, Yea lousy 444 number. Many people like staycations there still. Do u come to sentosa after 2018? I went with my school as a kid on monorail and all that 😁 guess I'm much younger haha. Then prices rose, I only went to Resorts world for 1 concert last year.
I nev got invited to chalets outings, used to be sad but when I hear such accounts / classmates in Thailand seeing ghosts I'm glad didn go!
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Thanks for coming by, Fenrispro. I've been to the beach at Sentosa when I was in my teens, long before the monorail and big resorts were built. Never felt comfortable there - now I know why when I learned how many people were killed during Operation Sook Ching.

My husband and I have wandered through the streets of Sentosa at night but it felt safe enough to us. But our hotel room had the number 444 (3x death! 😨). We were fine. 😊

I've included my answer to you in my comment on 'Children At Cairnhill'. The house was pulled down to put in a carpark at the former Cairnhill Hotel. It's now a big condo.
Fenrispro (58 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-11)
Yea sentosa is super haunted, I heard that's why better not to stay there at night. Btw I asked something on your cairnhill story too
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
Thanks a ton, Jubeele. Its amazing that there are so many of the haunts I never heard about. Certainly one place I felt creepy was the overhead walkway over PIE leading to Tampines. Gave me goosebumps always if I crossed it at night. I heard from some locals that there was a suicide there. I did search for any article pointing to the suicide but found none. It maybe my acrophobia as well.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
Hi PJ

Glad you enjoyed reading my account. Strong emotions do seem to leave a lingering imprint behind. I've felt sadness in other battlefields before. The strongest impression I had was at Drumossie Moor, Scotland, where the Battle of Culloden took place in 1746. I generally avoid such places now. Too much anger, fear and sadness for me. 😒

Sentosa Island is worth a visit for its various activities. I've been to a few chalets there in the past and they did feel slightly "off". I thought at the time it was because they were old colonial buildings with rising damp issues or bad airflow. I wonder if my family and I had sensed the shadowy memory of a soldier, keeping guard at his last post? I think the beach on Sentosa might be worth a visit; Operation Sook Ching could have left some strong impressions.

I've compiled for you a list of the better-known haunted locations in Singapore. I've felt fine with most of them. A few did feel quite creepy or it could just be my imagination; I didn't stick around to find out. 😨
Http://anymap.co/maps/10-most-haunted-places-in-singapore/2658

I've added this because it has the additional stories behind the hauntings at MRT stations. Could be urban myths. But you never know...
Https://www.timeout.com/singapore/things-to-do/the-most-creepiest-and-haunted-places-in-singapore

Do let us know if you encounter anything interesting. 😊
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-10)
Hello Jubeele,

From my experience of places of war, there are strong human emotions left behind in such places. Just like a graveyard is creepy with all the emotions that mourners feel out there. Sometimes, these emotions can be strong enough to leave a trace behind. So this is imprinted on time like on a cassette tape, replaying over and over again. It is accentuated if the place is close to water. I liked your story as it talks a lot about the history of the place. I am making a list of haunted places I want to visit in Singapore. This one would certainly make the cut. But I am sure this place has been replaced by some other structure. Its a pity that many a times buildings with historic significance have to be replaced. My two cents though. Nicely worded and good flow in your narrative.

Cheers.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-18)
Special Agent 13***15! So happy to hear from you. Your comments are always welcome.

Sentosa around the 1980s was a lot more "ulu" (rural) and quite seedy in parts. I remember the overgrown paths on the beach and how the tall plants seem to muffle all background sound. Being used to HDB living where there's always someone up and about, that beach was too awfully quiet at night. It had that hushed expectant air, like something waiting to...POUNCE!

Strange about your bruises. Maybe you were stung by the tentacles of some jellyfish with a mild paralysing effect. That's why you didn't feel anything at the time, but your skin still had an allergic reaction. Good thing it wasn't anything serious. Wonder what kind of water spirits your grandmother and mother were talking about. Dragons, snakes, turtles, sharks, fish? Or fishermen/sailors who drowned at sea?

I remember a few years back, Rex-T and I were taking a walk around the island after 10pm. We were sure glad of the reassuring sight of 2 policemen patrolling on bicycles. But Sentosa these days is a much nicer place to visit. Thanks for sharing your story too. 😁
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-18)
Dee, Rexy-boy might disagree about the "beautiful" and "shining" part. He says "scary" and "fiery" might be more like it, especially when I get angry and channel my inner Dragon! 😜

But thanks so much for your caring words of encouragement. Your words truly humble me. 😳 We all strive to our best.

Oh drat! I'm not allowed to give you any more points at the moment - but here's a BIG hug from me instead. ❀
ThirteenStars15 (3 stories) (31 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-18)
Hi!
I really like reading your stories and I am always excited to see when you posted (though I don't usually comment)

Sentosa...I have heard many creepy stories about there since young.
I rarely go to Sentosa though... The last time I went there was few years back with my friends for a picnic by the siloso beach...

Its creepy at night with all the plants looming over the pathways despite that there are a lot people around.

I didn't really encounter anything there though... Except that one time... I don't know if its paranormal or not but mysterious nonetheless.

I remembered that there was two island and a bridge linking it together... Being foolish teenagers, some of my friends and I decided to not take the bridge but to 'walk' in the sea (while holding on to the side of the bridge for support. And floating/walking in the sea)

Thank goodness it wasn't so deep. 😨

When we arrived on the next island, we saw cuts on our legs but we didn't think much because... Well... There could be those small but sharp rocks or particles floating in the sea cutting us.

Anyways the point is... When we are leaving, we realized that there are weird bruises on our ankles.
We didn't feel any pain even when we prod on them.
And they are oddly shaped like fingermarks like someone tried to grab our ankles. Its not all full hand marks but like one finger...

Anyways, I got scolded by my grandmother and mother when I told them what I did and showed them the mark... They told me that there are spirits in the sea and I am lucky that they didn't do anything to me. 😨

(But I shrugged it off as I probably knocked on myself at that weird angle hahah)
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-12)
Jubeele,

I agree 100%! I believe when we think or send positive thoughts out, the universe responds by sending the same back to us. 😊 And of course, there are exceptions, but I try to think of hardships as lessons we needed in disguise. Hey, we're trying our best here right? πŸ˜‰

It's funny, you give me the same happy feeling. You have a beautiful personality that shines through in your words. ❀

Dee
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-12)
Roy, knowing the history of that beach, your friend could very well be 'sensitive'. If she doesn't want to set up her own account, will she give permission for you to submit on her behalf? Sounds like she has interesting experiences to share. I'm sure everyone would love to hear about hers too. 😊
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
Hi Dee, you're so right about the small but scary incidents. I was happily in denial for years that it was all just an overactive imagination. Then to find out that I wasn't alone in experiencing general weirdness about the place? Seriously intense!

I feel that when we send out positive vibes, keeping our thoughts from the insidious darkness, we can create our own positive energies to counteract negative ones. (Ok, that doesn't always work - but it doesn't hurt to try). Thanks for your comment. I do get such a happy buzz when I 'talk' to you! 😁
roylynx (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
Hola Jubeele!
We stayed at a casino resort nearby the beach and the Universal Studio! Great place indeed! My dear friend thought the beach was dirty in some way, but I thought she was just being fastidious LOL Now, I know what the other reason might be... I think sometime she is "sensitive".
Anyhow, this is a nice story. I thought I would want to share a story from my dear friend, but I thought it will be better if she could make an account herself and share it (but she rejected). Looking forward to hear more from you!

E.Lynx
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
Jubeele,

It's funny how the small incidents feel scarier. Maybe some readers think there should be a big, 'in your face' encounter with the paranormal, but I feel experiences like this are more than enough. That feeling that someone unseen is watching you, the goosebumps and electric sensation, feeling a heaviness in the air... No thanks. To me, that's enough to know something is up and I don't need to 'see' the cause. πŸ˜• Of course those pesky shadow figures like to make sure you get the point Hahaha!

I'm sure the history of the area and chalet produce residual and intelligent encounters. Like you said in the comments, hopefully the positive energy will leave its imprint. 😊

-Dee

Lady-glow,

What a horrible experience! I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been and am grateful that there weren't any children around to witness that. 😟
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Now you've seriously spooked me, lady-glow. If only you'd been armed with fiery Tabasco spray! πŸ‘Ώ I'm really glad that Voice had given you another timely warning. I don't want to think what other intentions Mr Nasty might have had. People, with their capacity for evil, trouble me far more than any ghost or shadow.

What a fascinating family history. I looked up San Juan de UlΓΊa Castle - it looks like an interesting place. I hope your great-grandfather didn't suffer too much in the prison once described as "the worst pesthole of Veracruz".

Our best wishes to you and your family. ❀
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Hi LuciaJacinta, I've been back to Sentosa a few times in more recent years and thankfully have not experienced anything quite so unpleasant. Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Melda & Jubeele - sadly I'm not taking about spirits... They both were living men of dubious morals.

San Juan de UlΓΊa Castle was built on an island out of the coast of the Veracruz state and has served many functions over time, including being a prison.

My maternal great-grandfather served some time there after fighting an army Capitan
And spitting on his face. My grandmother used to show her grandchildren the letters her father sent to his wife during his imprisonment.
Visiting the castle felt like a way to connect with one part of my GGF's life.

My encounter happened when I was at the top of a tower admiring the ocean, at some point I felt in danger and 'the voice in my head's told me to get out of there. I began going down the spiral rock stairs and, to my horror, a man whose pants were down almost to his knees, was...err... Working excitedly on himself! 😨
I went back to the top and began shouting asking for help to some people that were walking towards the tower, though still far away. That was enough for Mr. Nasty to fix his clothes, go down the stairs and exit the tower. When he reached the courtyard the group of people I was calling weren't even near the entrance.
Mr Nasty looked up and our eyes met.
I can't say for sure what his intentions were, but I'm glad he didn't come to the top of the tower when I was there alone.

As for the peeing one, at least it wasn't my daughter the one seeing him.

I would have preferred to see a ghost instead of those scoundrels!😠
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
I don't have anything to add, but good read and well written 😊
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Hey Mayank, thanks for coming over to read and comment on my experience. What? You think there were more spirits than us humans in that place? Well, I'm so glad we didn't know it at the time! 😲

We certainly felt we were being watched. πŸ‘€ Now I wonder if we could have encountered the remnants from a troop of soldiers who had made their last stand there. Maybe they had been simply carrying out their final duties and guarding their post...

Whatever the reason, I do hope they're now at peace and in a better place. πŸ€”
Mayank3102 (4 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Hi! Well that place was filled with spirits! Less humans more spirits, wow!
So, those things that all of you saw were checking all of you out and were just paying a close attention at your movements and your actions because they believed it to be there property and they lived there and they were checking you guys out to confirm that you are not doing anything wrong!
None of them hurted or scared anyone and that means they were not hostile, they were just protective about there property!
They showed themselves up so that you guys should know that you are being watched and you are not alone and it was like a warning that 'dont dare to do anything bad or evil in my property!'
That sentinel type figure was watching everyone and that thing who was with your sister was following her to just look what she is going to do and where is she going!
You were feeling uneasy because you are sensitive to spirits and you are a psychic as well so you were the one to sense there presence. There were some negative vibes there but they were not strong enough.
Damon was not feeling safe because he was being watched by the spirits all the time and he was a normal guy and was not used to it!
So basically they didn't forced you to leave because they allowed you all as there 'Guests' but they were protective about there Property so they were just having a close look at there fellow guests!

Thats my conclusion on the basis of what I felt, heard and saw because of my psychic abilities and you guys should check out my stories at The psychic experiences site and your comments are most welcome! (Not talking about you julia! Talking about the people who are reading this!πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜‚)
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
I've been to Sentosa with Jubeele and our family on several occasions.

It seemed to me that for a small island, it now seems to have two sides. There is the part where most 'new comers' embark with modern hotels, manicured lawns, beaches and perfectly spaced coconut palms but look closer and you will still find old colonial houses with overgrown rain-forest type gardens. The banyan trees and strangler figs do make an old skeptic feel uncomfortable.

On my first visit, we stayed in a very large hotel suite at half price. I could tell that the receptionist was verrry uncomfortable explaining that we were staying in room 444. I looked at Jubeele and realized that she was trying very hard not to burst out laughing. Not understanding Chinese numerology I thanked the receptionist and accepted the room key. On our journey to the room, Jubeele explained that the number 4 was interpreted by most Chinese as 'Death'.

From my perspective, I couldn't care less, I didn't feel any different staying in that room and we had a peaceful night's sleep.

On the flip side was our last visit to a restaurant in the older part of the island, facing Singapore. We were seated on an open balcony with the rain-forest closing in on two sides. I was on edge all night and I felt cold - in Singapore? Give me a break!

Hey lady-glow, it's a shame you weren't close to a fire hose and couldn't give those naughty individuals a cleansing spray of cold water. 😁

Regards
Rex-T
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Oh my goodness, lady-glow! 🀣 [Rolls around on floor laughing] Definitely disturbing. Were those rudey spirits or men filled with spirits of the alcoholic kind? Pray tell, what did you do next? Attempt the appropriate cleansing? Call down showers of blessing? I think the cold running water ritual to hose down all impurities should do nicely! 😜

Like you, I rarely see apparitions either (thank God). Sensing other emotions not my own are quite enough. My younger sister seems to have a greater sensitivity to the spirits and it's an uncomfortable ability. I'm really thankful that none of us came to any harm on Sentosa.

Thanks for coming by. Glad you enjoyed the read. ❀
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Hi Socracy, you've brought up a good point that people suffering violent deaths can linger on as vengeful spirits. A psychic/medium friend recently told me of how he helped the spirit of a murdered girl let go of hatred and finally crossover in peace. He had fought for her because he didn't want to see her lost to the darkness.

The gathering of negative energies (I'm told it's called a 'nest') can feed on fear. That's why these entities thrive on creating situations that breed discord and unhappiness. More power for them. Interesting thought about the shadow man being a victim from the war. My own theory was that he was a sentry guarding the staircase and that's why he was intent on chasing us off.

I'm glad we only spent the weekend there. It certainly was a creepy place. Thanks for reading and your thought-provoking comment. 😊
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
lady-glow - Were these people spirits? You say you've never seen an apparition. I've seen plenty but have never had the (mis?) fortune, (to quote your words) of seeing them doing what you have described.

If these were indeed spirits, I find that hysterically funny 😁 In fact I almost bust a gut laughing when I read your comment. Then I thought perhaps these were actual humans, in which case it isn't funny.

Please let me know - I'm still laughing at the thought that these were some really rude spirits πŸ˜†

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Jubeele - thanks for sharing this, as usual, nice and interesting read.

Funny how all the improvements done to the chalet weren't enough to erase the echoes from its past, it seems like all the members of your family spent some rather unforgettable time at that place.

Though I don't consider myself highly sensitive to spirit, visiting some places with a history of violence, death and sorrow gives me goosebumps. I have never had the (mis?) fortune of seeing an apparition but, in two occasions I saw something really disturbing, the first time was in the San Juan de UlΓΊa Castle in Mexico, where a man was taking advantage of a dark and secluded staircase to...err...play with himself.
The second time was touring Ft. Henry, Ontario, when I walked to the wall of the fort to see what was at the other side only to find a guy peeing.😠
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Hi jubelee,

Hope you remember me. Areas with a war and execution history can be very spooky, After such unfortunate events taking place, it probably left the imprints of the past sufferings, hatred and many such negative emotions,I've also heard these emotions feed on people's fear.

Somee of the entities we believe present near us could sometimes be the gathering of the negative vibes which could affect the lifestyle of the residence, and a house afflicted with negativity could attract evil spirits towards it.

I personally believe that people experiencing death against their will as happens during execution leave behind a grudge and unless they avenge themselves they were not able to move on. And the greater they suffer for revenge, the more evil their soul turns to. The shadow guy which your family saw could probably a victim of one of those unfortunate events.

And the very chalet your elder sister rented could be that guy's home before the chalet was built or even an execution ground. But whatever it was I am glad that all of your family members are unharmed, that shadow couldn't be the only spirit there, glad you didn't stay at that creepy place for long.

Regards
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Hola roy! ¿Cómo te va? So nice to hear from beautiful São Paulo. Did you have a good time on Sentosa? 😊

My family's experience happened 30 years ago and the island has changed a lot since then. I think many of the older holiday chalets would be gone now, replaced by modern hotels. Perhaps the old memories have been put away along with the old buildings. I hope that the sad, angry or lost spirits there have been released and they are now at peace. The construction site is often cleansed and blessed in such places before they start work.

I still hear of the occasional sighting in some hotels on Sentosa. I've also heard from friends some years ago that the beach there was particularly "active" for hauntings. This was because so many people died there during WWII.

A place doesn't have to be old to be haunted by spirits. I know of brand-new places attracting activity. It all depends. My family believes that spirits exist all around us, but only those with the sensitivity can see them or feel them near. Even then, they don't show themselves all the time. Which is just as well. 😁
roylynx (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Wow it has been awhile since I was away in Singapore and now I read this! What a surprise!

I have been to Sentosa for this trip but it was very new, my impression there was, there were no historical remaining around, I heard of the place's history and yes I have known that the place was full of sad stories. But I found nothing interesting this time, in the paranormal point I mean.

But thanks for sharing and thank you for letting me know that there are still spirits lingering around Sentosa, I mean there must be, but everything was too new.

Love from SΓ£o Paulo
E.Lynx
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Melda, on more than one occasion, you've helped keep my writing on track. Thanks for your kindness and encouragement. 😘

For years, my family never discussed about what had happened on Sentosa. After we left the island, I put the whole thing from my mind. When I recently asked them about it, we were so surprised to learn what each of us had experienced. It's good that we can now talk to each other openly about it.

History may once again be in the making on Sentosa. Who knows how everything will play out this time? πŸ€”
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Jubeele - All I can say to you is that once again you have written a brilliant account of your family's experience. You put so much effort into providing the reader with the historical background of Sentosa that the events which follow are expected, but you don't quite know how everything will play out.

Well done my friend.

Regards, Melda

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: