You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Weasley

Real Ghost Stories

Weasley

 

In January of this year we got a kitten we named Weasley to join my other cat Dil. Everything has been fine, he's a normal kitten playful, rowdy and gets into everything. But lately his demeanor has changed. I know he's sometimes scared of my boyfriend because my boyfriend is a little clumsy and has stepped on his tail and tripped over him and the cat remembers these things. But normally after a few days he comes around and is back to being a little pest to my boyfriend. He actually favor's my boyfriend over me, except for when he's scared because he just got his tail stepped on and then he's up my butt. But moving on recently we have noticed he's not eating as much and he is scared and hiding all the time. He doesn't want me or my boyfriend to touch him.

Yesterday my boyfriend got him out of his hiding place and sat him down in front of his food bowl to try to get him to eat. He got him to eat half and he went to pick him up to cuddle and try to get him to come around. My boyfriend said Weasley had tears in his eyes, they were so welled up and he was breathing heavily. My boyfriend put him back down in front of his hiding space and he ran away to go hide until I got home.

When I went to feed them last night I had to sit with him and put the bowl right under his nose so he would eat. I noticed his favorite toy was sitting on the floor (a red ball with a bell in it). I had to get water and figured when I came back up I would try to play with him with the ball. When I came back up I noticed that the ball was gone and one of my boyfriend's dirty shirts was in it place. I thought that was weird, it was just me up there and the cats hadn't moved from their spots. Dil was eating his food by the door and Weasley was curled up against my bed. Plus the shirt was in the laundry basket which was no where near the ball. And for the rest of the night Weasley stayed with me, if I went into another room he followed. He even waited down by the door until I came back upstairs. He's actually been doing that more frequently, he likes to hang out by the door that leads to the main house.

Also, the other night my boyfriend said that Weasley clawed at him to be picked up and the whole time my boyfriend held him and pet him he said he had his head up looking all around.

I think there is something in the house messing with Weasley and I don't know why or why Dil isn't affected by it. If anyone has any advise that would be great!

Other hauntings by Janellexx89

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janellexx89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iamaps (2 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-28)
Take him to the vet ASAP as it could be serious like cat flu or FIP
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-22)
Janelle - I think your cat has a psychological/medical problem.

I don't pretend to be "all knowing" about feline behaviour but that is honestly how it comes across to me. Something in the home is upsetting him. Please don't jump to the paranormal.

I had a ghost living with me for a number of years - one of my cats was terrified of him and the other one treated him as a member of the family.

As you know your little Weasley can't tell you what the problem is - all he can do is act it out in his behavioural pattern.

I have to agree with others that he needs a visit to a vet - preferably a specialist vet who is more in tune with feline behaviour.

Regards, Melda
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-22)
Given the watery eyes and heavy breathing paired with the lack of appetite - sounds to me like your Weasley may have some congestion. It could be a cold, sinus infection, kennel cough or an allergy etc but when a cat is congested and can't smell it's food, it won't eat. Keep in mind that if it is an allergy, anything from his food to the cleaning products you use (from laundry detergent to carpet deodorant, surface cleaners, Fabreeze etc) to air fresheners can be at fault. Definitely go see your vet and see what they can do for your baby. Meantime, get a very very stinky wet food - Tiki Cat (PetCo and Care-A-Lot carries the brand as do many independent pet food stores) makes several sardine flavors that ought to do the job. Assuming he is a kitten under six pounds or so, give him about a half of a 2.8 oz can at a time mixed well with as much water - the stench will help get him to eat and the omega-3s and liquid will be good for the congestion. If you have a humidifier, set it up near the place where he most likes to hang out or binge watch something while holding him with it near you. Discontinue use of any air fresheners from plug ins to scented candles to Fabreeze and be mindful of the cleaning products you use - vinegar is a stellar cleaner and won't hurt you, kitty or the environment. Mind you, I am not a veterinarian - I have just had cats for the last quarter century... And most of them have had special needs - between the dozens of trips to the vet, all of the desperate research I've done on my own and what I have learned from my mother who was a nurse (for people) for 38 years and worked with a vet for 5...I've learned a few things but I am no expert - definitely go to a real vet, my advice is just for the meantime.

Once kitten's health has been seen to both at home and by the vet. Might as well rule out anything paranormal - doesn't hurt to keep your bases covered. A cleansing may be just what you need. Look around online, there are many different options derived from many different belief systems - pick one or several that mean the most to you. There is also a faith-neutral method that is well respected by members of this forum provided by member Rookdygin on his profile. Be careful with any methods that involve essential oils or burning incense or scented candles as all can be harmful to cats - open windows can help!

Also, do a bit of research on your residence and the land it sits on. You may dig up all sorts of useful information from the era in which it was built yielding clues about construction materials that may be at fault to possible causes of a haunting.

Good luck and keep us posted! 😸
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Hi. How old is Weasley and may I ask if he is neutered? Is Dil also intact?

Cats, especially males, and unneutered tend to really act weird. Two intact males in one household spells troubles. It is invisible to us but chemical and territorial dynamics could be up firing. I hope you do know this. And yes, you may bring him to the vet asap, please. It could be anything.

There could be paranormal but it could be unrelated to your kitty's behaviour. Hope all is well. Let us know if there are updates. Thank you very much for sharing.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Hi Janelle,

Definitely get your kitty into the vet's office pronto. The way your cat is acting suggests a physical issue. After the check up and a diagnosis with a treatment, assess your home's activity. Then you'll know you checked off all the appropriate boxes as far as 'debunking' anything unusual.

You might find that the activity has ceased. Just make sure you get your cat into a vet's office. I hope everything goes well.

All the best,
Dee
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Hi Janellexx - poor kitty! Mine love to drag heavy bath towels around the house, could be one of those weird cat things. Watery eyes could be caused by allergies... A vet visit is definitely in order. It could very well be a spirit, but honestly I think he's just not feeling well & needs a check up right meow. I'd assume it would bother the other cat also, if that were the case. But I've been wrong a time or two. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-18)
*THEIR human brings*
... And take your kitty to the vet's office.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-18)
Are you sure Dil isn't the one harassing little Weasley when you are not around?

In my experience, not all cats are happy and welcoming when THEIR human beings a new furbaby to the family.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-18)
Hi Janellexx,

First thing's first, take your kitten to the vet. Watery eyes could be all sorts. A hiding cat is an unwell cat, so get him checked out.
As for the shirt, could it have fallen on either cat? If so, one of them probably ran with it on their back, putting the shirt where you found it. Ruling that out, a good home cleansing seems to be in order. Don't like to think that something would have it in for a little kitten though.: (

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: