You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knock, Knock

Real Ghost Stories

Knock, Knock

 

I've been a member on this site for a couple of years now but this is my first story on here. This just happened to me and my brother's girlfriend a little over an hour ago, so about 9:30 PM.

I need to give you a little layout of the upstairs in my house. You come up the steps from the living room and straight ahead is the attic/playroom, turn a small corner and on the right is my room and the left is my brother and his girlfriend's room.

Now moving on. I was in my room on my computer, my brother's girlfriend was in her room and my brother had just went downstairs to use the bathroom. I had my door shut but I could hear our dog Autumn growling at something and I kept hearing a knocking sound. I hear my brother's girlfriend, we'll call her Rose, telling something to stop it. I assumed she was talking to the other dog Alex, since Alex likes to torment Autumn, and I also assumed it was Alex making the knocking sound. So I went back to my computer.

About 5 minutes later I hear my brother come up the steps and I hear Rose talking to him asking him why he kept playing around and knocking and making the dog growl. That peaked my interest and I walked out to verify that she also heard the knocking. She said yeah, she was in her room and she heard the knocking and heard Autumn growling and thought it was my brother. She looked out in the hall and kept telling my brother to stop. But when she looked out she didn't see him but she did see Autumn standing in front of the open door to the attic/playroom. She was about to check it out when she heard the knock again and decided to stay in her room.

I told her I heard the same thing and thought that it was Alex but my brother confirmed that Alex was downstairs with him. So not only was something messing with the dog, Rose talked to it because she thought it was my brother. My brother thinks we are nuts but I know what I heard.

Thank you for listening to my story. Comments are welcome. I have more stories to post but will post them at a later time.

Other hauntings by Janellexx89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janellexx89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-15)
Janellexx89, Maybe 3? Or are you not sure? Well, re-reading your story. 3 knocks usually is to get your attention like "I, Am, Here". There is a chance that something else other than spirits doing that; since you commented that it has not happen anymore.

I didn't mean anything to do with your writing style but if you could be more detailed, more of people here can help you.

I think even if it's a spirit it might be just a "traveler". It will not stay anywhere unless the place have anything to do with it. You're OK I guess.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Janellexx89 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-15)
lady-glow: No I haven't been in the attic. It's actually really hard to get into. But I have been in the Playroom, which is attached to the attic part. No I haven't heard the knocking since that day.

Roylynx: Thank you for doing research to help me. I'm not entirely sure about the knocks. Maybe 3.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
I did some research again for you hope you will come back to us since this story really caught me.

Did you count how many knocks it made? I did a similar research about the meanings of ghostly knocks, and each represents a message from the past ones.

Again, Autumn might know what is going on and if it acts strange be aware.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
Well, its so confusing 😕 yet creapy experience.

Thanks for sharing!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
Did you check the attic? Is there a chance for an animal to be in there? -I'm thinking bats.
Have you heard the knocking again?

I think there is not enough information in this story to decide that it is paranormal in nature, perhaps your next experience/s will provide more details about the knocking.

Looking forward to read your nest story.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
Your title reminded me of the old Knock, knock jokes lol
Sorry for that.

Well, "reading" this story, I thought of some body related to Rose might be involved. Did Autumn bark out, or did it just growling not wanting to bark?

One of my friend whom is an animal therapist told me that dogs now-a-days can express themselves by variety ways, not just their tails, dogs growling like if they want to bark at someone because they know barking at them will be bad.

So, Autumn might be seeing someone or something that it knows that it cannot bark at. Hope that helped, I still want some details though.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: