You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hey Dad

Real Ghost Stories

Hey Dad

 

This story happened may years ago when I was still in high school.

It was on a weekend and I was in my parent's room watching TV. Me and my dad I think were watching MASH. And my brother had just went in to the bathroom to take a shower.

My dad was at the head of the bed by the head board and I was down by his feet (it was easier to the see the TV since I didn't have my glasses on). So anyway, I'm laying there watching the show and I hear my brother turn on the shower and the next thing I hear is a female voice right by my right ear whisper "Hey Dad". I chose to ignore it and figured it was just my imagination until I hear my dad whisper back "Hey What?".

I shot up and asked him if he heard that too and of course he said he had. He thought it was me, he must have been dozing off and heard the voice and assumed it was me since I was the only other person in the room and a female. But he didn't see anyone because his eyes were shut. And it wasn't my brother because 1. It was a female's voice and 2. He was in the shower.

We were the only 3 people home at the time so there was nobody else to blame it on. But we did speculate. When my parents had first gotten married they became pregnant before they had me but lost the baby in the early stages. They never knew if it was a boy or girl but my dad thinks that's maybe who it was trying to communicate with us. Just to let us know they are alright. We won't really know for sure but that's what we like to think.

I've had many weird and unexplained things happen in this house and now I've grown accustomed to most, not all. Some I just try to ignore but others, like this one, I can't.

What do you think? Was it someone trying to let us know they were OK or was it something just messing with us?

Other hauntings by Janellexx89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janellexx89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Janelle, have you or your Dad heard this female voice before this? If your Dad specifically thinks it's your sister from before you were born, did he experience earlier attempts at contact from her?

Your account has made me wonder about my own lost sibling. My parents also lost a baby during the 6 years between me and my younger sister. I've had my own share of experiences that made me feel someone or Other was watching over me.

Hmmm...You've given me something else to think about. Many thanks for that. 😊
PandaSkittles (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-09)
I think it might be your sister... Trying to communicate but if so... You should try and communicate back. Or ignore it up to you
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
Fascinating, though I think there's not enough information to be sure if the voice belongs to your unborn sibling or to some other spirit, specially since there's more activity in the house.
But if that's what your gut feeling is telling you, it's possible that it's your sibling.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: