You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Q Station Manly

Real Ghost Stories

Q Station Manly

 

We recently went on the extreme ghost tour, at Q Station in Mainly. The whole night from the moment we arrived was strange.

We were early for our tour and went into the little restaurant, I remember everything smelled great (food) my husband, and cousin's wife got a drink each and all I could smell was the alcohol (couldn't Smell the food).

As it got closer to the time of the tour we went outside into a room, that is next to the shower blocks (didn't know at the time).

When the tour started we were in a building behind that room, as the guide was talking I could feel my legs anchor down so heavy but disregarded, after the initial intro we went into a dark room which I think was like a barn. After more stories we all stood around and my legs were soo heavy and my body was involuntarily moving forward, I was also freezing, my hands and body were like ice.

During the tour we went to "the nest" a creepy room filled with bunk beds, there is supposed to be something very sinister in there. We heard a crack near the fireplace and I could feel I was being touched on the leg, I also heard a growl but chose to ignore that. I was not going outside on my own, especially since I could see footsteps go past the door, my husband that was in another part of the room saw them too.

Off we went to the grave digger cottage, as soon as we got there I could see someone look out from the window, I mentioned it to my husband and he could see it too. I didn't say where I could see it but when he said where he could see it, it was in the same window pane.

We went into the cottage, the moment I walked in I regretted it, but somehow felt I couldn't leave. I walked around the house when I walked out of the middle room into the kitchen I could smell alcohol.

I refused to go into the bathroom and went past the middle room again, my husband was saying the cupboard doors opened, I didn't believe him and then my cousin's wife said it too, so thought I'd have a look. Right in front of my eyes the door opened and we could hear banging when we closed the door again.

We left the room into the living room, after a minute my husband walked out. I checked on him and he said a man told him in his ear to 'leave".

When we walked into the morgue, I had an uncontrollable urge to cry, that feeling left after a few minutes. They told us stories and then when we made it back to the mini bus I noticed one of my shoes were untied. I had double knotted it.

I have been to other places but this is definitely the most haunted place I've been to.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Veronquita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Not to say that the place isn't haunted but the visual effects you witnessed and even the alcohol smell seem to me likely as not to have been orchestrated by a human hand looking to create a profitable buzz for the ghost hunts. The more psychological side of your experience could possibly either have been paranormal or a result of the emotional effects of being on a ghost hunt in a creepy place or EMFs, for example. It's hard for me to get a read one way or the other but it sounds like a memorable night!
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-14)
Hi, thanks for sharing. I'm not saying there is nothing paranormal to the creepy place you mentioned but almost all the experience you mentioned can be explained or can be attributed to alcohol, if you did drink, plus the fact that it is a ghost tour and the stories can really influence what you feel and exerience.

But if you didn't drink, maybe there are really ghosts there and I wish people (the authorities) offer prayers and other means to help them cross over instead of making their misery a tourist attraction. Sorry.

Thank you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Rex-T: thanks for the linked story, it's very interesting.

Ha! If one day we compete against each other on a typing challenge, I bet your two fingers would beat my constant insecurities when communicating in English... I declare you the winner!

Veronquita - what do you mean by "went into the little restaurant, I remember everything smelled great (food) my husband, and cousin's wife got a drink each and all I could smell was the alcohol (couldn't Smell the food)."

Did you first smell the food but this changed after your relatives got their drinks? Sorry, I got confused reading the above statement.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Greetings, Veronquita,

I am also perplexed by your seeing footsteps and await an explanation. The other aspect of the story that niggled a bit was: "Right in front of my eyes the door opened and we could hear banging when we closed the door again." The first thing that went through my mind was 'motion detection' reaction. Not that I'm trivialising the events that took place there. In fact, the stench of alcohol could have been how someone who died there, used alcohol as a coping mechanism? I'll so dome more reading on the Q Stations.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Apo
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Creepy story!

Creepier when I researched what a Q Station was...

Wow!

And I'm also confused with seeing footsteps...
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Sorry lady-glow,

You got your question in while I was still typing!

One of these days I'll try to improve the speed of my two fingered typing.

We will both await an answer.

Rex-T
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Hi Veronquita,

I still live relatively close to the 'Q Station' and my work duties took me there back in the 80's. I was given a daytime tour by an employee and I've got to say that the shower building made me want to leave in a hurry. Not bad for an old skeptic and a tour without the 'ghostie hype'.

If you want to read more of another poster's experience back in 2011, I've attached the YGS link.
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12371

I do need clarification on one of your statements "especially since I could see footsteps go past the door, my husband that was in another part of the room saw them too". Can you describe exactly what you saw and what lead you to the conclusion that it was footsteps?

Got to agree with SWS that while sad and terrible things happened to some of our first Australians in the station's 150 year history, the site has unique and beautiful views of the entrance to Sydney Harbor.

Rex-T
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Huh... What do you mean by:

"I could see footsteps go past the door, my husband that was in another part of the room saw them too." 😕

Did you see footprints apearing on the floor, or a set of ghostly feet/shoes walking around?
Do you know if any other member/s in the tour experienced the same sensations as you?

It sounds like you had an unforgettable night.

Thanks for sharing.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
Hello Veronquita,

Manly is such a beautiful place. Its hard to believe horrible demons lurk around such a tranquil part of Australia. It just goes to show it doesn't matter where you are, spirits can follow.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

😘 ❤ 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: