You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Cellar Creeps

Real Ghost Stories

Cellar Creeps

 

I live with my boyfriend at his parents house in new york. About a month ago a couple days before christmas my boyfriend and I were in our room watching t.v. His parents were asleep and his uncle who lives with us has his room down in the cellar. It was about two in the morning and my boyfriends uncle came and knocked on our bedroom door, when my boyfriend opened the door, his uncle told him he needed to talk to him so they went into the living room.

His uncle told him that he though my boyfriend was playing a joke on him because he heard something tapping on his door and then his room got really cold and all of a sudden his door burst open like someone kicked it. The cellar was pitch black so he could not see anything, he called out to see if my boyfriend was out there. Once he did that something started growling at him from the dark and it kept getting closer and closer. So he got scared and started to walk up the cellar stairs when between the cellar stairs something that looked like a man went walking across the cellar and into the wall.

After he found out it was not my boyfriend he freaked out. So my boyfriend decided to go downstairs with him to see what it could be. When he walked down the stairs his hair on his body stood up and he could see his breath, he felt like there was something in the cellar but could not see anything.

The next night we were all in the kitchen just talking and playing texas hold em when the garbage can picked up and got thrown across the room right in front of us. Then we heard all this crashing noise down in the cellar and the sound of someone running up the cellar stairs. There were things all over the basement knocked down and across the room and it was freezing cold again.

The whole family, including me, has been depressed and we feel like there is something negative in this house. We feel like we are constantly being watched the side door that goes into the garage opens and slams by itself.

I went in the cellar to do laundry one day and kept feeling like someone was standing behind me. Then about a week ago on 1/14/08 I awoke at about 5 am to the sound of someone banging on the walls outside my bedroom door down the hall way, when I opened the door nothing was there and everyone else was still asleep. I keep feeling like something bad is going to happen soon I will not even go into the cellar by myself anymore.

Please if you have any ideas on what to do to get rid of this presence please let me know. Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lindsay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JimD (431 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
A few ideas. Use a lot of (Catholic) Holy water, blessed salt, and prayers to Holy Mother Mary, St. Michael the Archangel, and commanding it to leave in Jesus' name would all help. Also, the Rosary and frequent receipt of the Sacraments would help a lot. Consecrate the house to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts - of Jesus and Mary. It is demonic in nature. It's commming on hard, during the infestation stage of harassment. God bless. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
taylor420 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
you say that this ghost bangs on walls and moved that garbage can? Its got to be a poltergeist. They do all kinds of stuff. It will get worst if you don't do anything about it.
rjh60 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
You folks better be careful. Depression and Repression are the firs two steps to something much worse. First of all, lose the fear. Entities like this feed off of negative energy like fear. Also, try not to argue in the house. Everyone in the household has to confront this thing in as a cohesive unit. Demand it to leave and tell it that no one whant it to stay. Curse at it if you have to. If this doesn't work call a preist to bless the house. In any case, stand your ground and let it know that you are not afraid of it.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
you need to go down there and demand it to leave.

"In Jesus Name I command you to leave this home at once!"

If you use the Lord's name they will become fearful and will leave. Say it aloud and be firm.

sometimes when you do this they may not leave right away, and they might begin to test you. Just stay level headed and firm. Believe in the power of the Lord and command them to leave!

I am a very strong Christian, and there have been a few occasions where I have hadto do something like that and it seems to have worked.

You may have different beliefs, which is perfectly fine. I'm just giving you my advice 😁

Thanks for the awesome story
and god bless!
katemvirginia (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
OMG! You poor thing. My old apt was haunted so I understand the stress you feel! At least you are lucky to be with others I was alone. Do you have any pets there that may help you feel protected?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Thanks rumpoint.
We try to "share the wealth" so to speak. More like "share the peace". It worked in both of our homes when needed, so therefore was worth passing on.
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-31)
The smudge ceremony where you put sea salt on a container of dirt and is being smudged all over the place where negative presence are felt is also being practiced here in Asia. It is also being used to counter bad entities. Frawin and Whitebuffalo, you rock.
penguinluverS (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Oh wow! I am really sorry that this is happening! You should maybe try calling someone like a preist to get the spirit away? Just remember, do not use a oquiji board. I also agree with whitebuffalo you should smudge.
Good luck and God bless you! ❤ penguinluverS
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Lindsay,
I see that the other members of YGS have mentioned the Native American Smudge Ceremony. It is a wonderful tool.

You could also place a cross in every room of the house (at least one) and a couple in the basement as that is where the probelms seem to been centering. I would also suggest, pray, pray, pray.
Pray out loud, encourage other family (house hold) members to do the same. Read aloud from the Bible.
Tell 'it' to leave. Be persistient and forceful, tell 'it' that 'it' is not welcome in your home in the name of the Lord.
Take back some of the fear this negative energy is instilling into your house mates. Fear is an energy catalyst to a lot of these 'its'. They use the fear to gain strength. Become sure of what you are saying, tell it' to leave in the name of Our Father and it must go.

Keep us posted !
God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Does everyone in the house usually get along? Sometimes when 2 or 3 families live together it can be stressful. Almost like an overcrowding. Also I wonder if your boyfriend or his parents ever had any other encounters in the years they have lived there or is it just happening now? My thought is someone may be a catalyist. Perhaps the uncle? Anger turned inward can cause depression so hope there are no ill feelings not being brought to light. All that aside if I saw a garbage can being thrown and other people witnessed it too I would be dealing with it pronto. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Lindsay, you've received some excellent advice. The only thing I can add is tell it to leave. Just be strong and forceful without being rude. This entity might not realize what it is causing, therefore needs a stern order to leave you and the house. I hope things will settle down in your home, and I hope the advice given works for you. Good luck.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hello Lindsay. Take FRAWIN and whitebuffalo's advise on this. I don't believe this is an entity you want to sit and converse with and vice versa. Do the smudge ceremony in your home and also to yourselves so you don't bring it back in the house.
Shelby ❤
Sunkissed3643 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
I know I'm young, but you said you wanted help.
Try talking to it, I've done it, my family has done it, the ghost or whatever it is should go away, not permanently, but talk to it each time. It may go away for good, it may not.

But if a priest agrees to this, holy water the house if your serious about the spirit. Usually priests won't agree to this, it's an old age thing, but some will, and if your terrified to even go in your house, ask around.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Awesome! Thanks, I think I will "Pass It On" as that was a bit of advice that is worthy of the Crown, I think. It gave us a few nights sleep and I tell you what, that is the best gift ever!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hey Buffy, Feel free to pass my suggestions on to whomever needs it. Remember our motto "One for all and all for one..." 😊

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Thanks, FRAWIN, I wanted to post that, but figured you would be back. Also, it was your suggestion to me, so I was unsure whether I should pass it on or just wait on you!
I tried what FRAWIN has just suggested to you very recently and I had wonderful results. I had smudged my home twice and all of us within our home were still at each others throats yelling and acting totally out of character. The results were felt almost immediately.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Another thing that you can use on negativity is seasalt and pure water. Mix a solution of seasalt and water and go through the house casting the solution about with your fingertips while praying for a house blessing and protection. Be sure to get all windows and mirrors and mark each door. You can also take a bowl, fill it with dirt, sprinkle salt or seasalt over the dirt and dampen with pure water. Sit this up out of the way. This helps out in between cleansings. I use this method and it works for me. Good Luck and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
I wholeheartedly agree with what FRAWIN has commented on, Lindsay.
I would immediately look into smudging your home. As everyone seems to have been witness to one thing or another, I would also make extra sure and cleanse each person within the home. That way, if anything is attached to anyone there, it will also be gone. It may take a few tries, and I would venture to guess that this will take more than once, but I would go ahead and smudge.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hello Lindsay. Shane, our resident expert, has posted on this site a Native American smudging ceremony. This may have to be done several times. From the sound of it your negative force has grown quite strong so you will have to be persistant in your efforts to banish it.

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: