You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Temple Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Temple Ghost

 

This is a story I witnessed when I was 19 years old. It is about my cousin aunt who was pregnant at the time back in 2013. She was and still is a very religious person and used to visit numerous temples before marriage. Upon getting married and being 6 months pregnant she could not manage on her own and used to wait for her husband to be back from home in the evening after which she used to visit the temple.

One fateful evening, while her husband was out of town for 4 days, she decided to visit a nearby temple on her own in the evening having missed it for 2 consecutive days due to her husband's absence.

As usual, she gathered all the materials as offering like a coconut, flowers etc and stepped out of her place about 7pm or so.

She made it to the temple and returned after a couple of hours.

However, immediately after she came home, she developed high fever. Her mother in law who had arthritis was home and made a few calls to the Doctor and also my dad for help because we were very close to them.

The doctor visited and gave her some dosage dismissing it as viral fever.

However, about 7pm every evening after that she kept developing high fever. Her husband having returned from out of town got worried for her and also the unborn child.

He consulted with many doctors who could not diagnose anything.

One fine afternoon, when I was visiting her with my parents at their place felt so bad that she was now bedridden with her face drained off any light altogether. We were just about getting ready to have lunch with my mom having helped aunts mother in law to cook for about 6 of us.

We sat down for lunch with all vegetarian food and handed a plate to my aunt on the table near her bed. The most unbelievable thing happened then.

My aunt flung the plate filled with food right at us speaking in another voice asking for non vegetarian food. We were all so shocked to see it. She was completely vegetarian and having never touched non vegetarian food all her life.

That's when her mom in law understood what the problem was and the fact that she has been possessed. I did always have these kind of things at the back of my mind, having experienced and heard minor paranormal incidents. However, this was nothing like I had ever witnessed.

I can still remember her angry alien voice that afternoon.

Her mom in law asked us to take her to a priest who she believed in. However, it turned out to be a challenge, since my aunt would not stop abusing and cursing for even touching her. She must have tackled 4 fully grown men and tired them out clawing them while abusing frantically. That was a sight one cannot easily erase from ones memory.

Finally, we called the priest home instead. Just as he entered the house, he winced his eyes upon seeing my aunt in such a state. He placed his hand on her head while she hissed and continued with the expletives. He asked her who she was and what she wanted. After opposing for a few moments she said she was a pregnant women who used to visit that same temple every evening. One unfortunate evening, she was hit by a car right outside the temple street killing both her and the unborn child. She said that in a week's time, she would take my aunt's child for herself.

We all were very terrified to hear this and had no clue what could be done. The priest on the other hand was really calm and still had his palm on her head. All he did was tell her that what happened with her was very sad, and she would never be free if she brought harm to anyone elses child. He chanted a few mantras and ordered her to leave my aunt alone. He chanted some more mantras now bringing his hand on her forehead and whispered something in her ear. It felt as though my aunt was going through some unbearable pain. After a few moments my aunt started sobbing profusely and fainted. Just as she fainted, we could feel a gust of wind escape through us and out of the door. The priest advised she was now free and to not worry anymore. My aunt's husband asked him about his fees. But, the priest declined and only asked a favor that they name the child ''X'' once its born.

Everyone agreed to use a guy's name for the child while no one really knew if a guy or a girl would be born.

My aunt woke up the subsequent morning with the color back in her cheeks. She delivered a healthy baby boy (fatefully I guess) around 2.5 months later. They invited the priest over for his blessings. And all has been fine with them since.

Hope I was able to portray what it felt at the moment but I was truly shaken to experience a force which had so much power. Without a shred of doubt, I started believing in these forces. I still remember the priest saying that pregnant women should remain at home during evenings, because there are entities which seem to be attracted to them at that hour. Now almost 14 years later I still remember the scene like it happened yesterday.

Any thoughts. Drop me a line.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by ajonverge

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ajonverge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Slyester (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-17)
Guys I am sorry that was some typing mistake I meant that it's a good story and a scary one. My mom once told me that when she was pregnant at the time of my Birth, she was included my some sort of negative
Slyester (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-17)
It's a very good story and a scary one my mom once told me that when she was pregnant at the time of my Birthday she was also included by some sort of negative energy
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-24)
Dear Socracy5,
Thank you for reading.
Its true that she could have been latched on with or without the husband. However, this happened in his absence. And no, the place is not shady at all. In fact it is a jam packed place with hundreds of humans in the vicinity with an adjoining main road. I guess it was just inevitable and my aunt may have found herself at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Thank you much for sharing.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-24)
It is a sensitive topic to every mother if there is anything concerning their child that woman spirit had lost her child.
For a mother her child is the most precious thing she just wanted to nurture a child and experience the moments of being a mother it was indeed harsh on her but something is bothering me here why did the spirit attacked her when she was alone rather than when she was with her husband, it could have done it in the presence of her husband and was the path to the temple was prone to spirit attacks? Or is it much of a shady place to walk in? Just curious

I'm glad that your aunt is fine now it would be much of a surprise for the kid to know the story of his birth
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-22)
Rex-T - I've never thought about it like that before but your theory of fevers/illness making one more vulnerable to a spiritual attack makes a lot of sense! As I was reading the account, the description of the aunt's symptoms sounded very much like "intermittent fever" i.e. Malaria. Perhaps she had already been infected by the time she went to the temple but was in the last hours of the incubation phase and as the disease latched on, so did the entity. One infection piggy backing off of another.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-18)
Dear VivekThekote,
Thanks for reading the story brother. And yes it was 14 years ago. I typed 2013 in error. It was 2003 while my dad was alive.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-16)
Hi Ajonverge,

It was a Chilling Story, The Women was unfortunate to be dead at the stage of Pregnancy, as she was attached to Your Aunt. Thanks that Your Aunt was saved and the Baby was also born Healthy. The Narration of the Story was Good

There are many cases around the Globe where people get possessed by Spirits which is defied by Science although there are sufficient proofs to the existence of spirits.

Just have a doubt as mentioned the story was of 2013 and You mentioned in the Line was "Now almost 14 years later I still remember the scene like it happened yesterday"

Hope Everything is Fine

God Bless
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-14)
Dear [at] Jubeele & [at] Rex-T,

Great to hear from you and I'm very sorry to hear about the difficult times you had to experience. I cannot start to imagine how Rex must b fighting the daze of pain. I'm glad you made it through it. And a million blessings coming your way.
Also, I can only assume that the spirit wanted to name her own child that which was probably explored by the priest.
And yes, Rex all's well that ends well. Completely swell! Cheers mates!
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-14)
Hello AJ! 😘 Great to hear from you. I've heard from my Mum about the practice of observing a "confinement period" before and after giving birth. The bed-rest during pre-labour (usually the month before being due) was to avoid premature births and reduce the chance of catching any infections (or unclean influences) during this vulnerable period.

Even today, doctors don't always have all the answers. I remember that the hospital weren't able to find out why Rex-T had a dangerous high fever for 2 weeks. I was told that he should NOT be having a fever. 😟 He kept pulling at all his tabs and tubes, and the nurses told me that he only calmed down when I was there. I got to know the nurses at the ICU very well because I spent so much time there.

What a relief the priest was able to help your aunt. She and the family had quite an ordeal. I wonder what was the significance of choosing that particular name for the baby. Did it have a special blessing or protection connected to it? I hope your aunt and cousin are now both doing well.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us. ❤
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-13)
Greetings Ajay,

Good to see another story from you bro. Hope all is well with you and your family.

What struck me with your Aunt's experience is the symptom of fever and (I suspect) delirium that sometimes accompanies severe cases. You also mentioned fever symptoms in your "Warding Off The Evil Eye" account and there have been other similar postings on YGS.

From personal experience, I was on another planet (as I called it) after my operation last year. When I came back to earth, I was told by the medical staff that I had suffered from a severe infection which brought on fever and delirium. This made me very vulnerable to outside influences, due mainly to not being able to apply simple logic to real or imagined situations.

I'm not saying that your Aunt's experience was imagined, you only need to look at your Aunt's extreme actions and the eventual solution of the priest's ministrations, to know that there was something very real happening here.

My point being that if these fevers do make one vulnerable to outside influences, was the fever initiated by the entity or did the entity take advantage of a pre-existing condition?

The main thing is that your family recognized the problem, the priest was successful and your Aunt gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Now there is a good reason to celebrate!
Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: