You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Visit By A Strange Woman

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit By A Strange Woman

 

I was born and raised in America however, my parents were born and raised in Indonesia. Every year, my family and I go to Aceh in Sumatra during the summer. My paranormal experience happened during my first visit to Aceh.

I was 6 years old at the time which made my experience even more horrifying to me. It was late at night and there was a really bad thunder storm. My cousin, who was 4 at the time, and I couldn't sleep so we just stayed up playing with Barbies. While we were playing around, the lights went out, so we thought that we just had a normal black out. My cousin and I got really scared and hid behind the couches.

After 10 minutes we heard the kitchen door slam shut. This was weird since the kitchen was outside at the time so we always kept the door closed. I just thought maybe the strong winds opened the door and slammed it shut, but this wasn't the case. My aunt usually spent most of her time in the kitchen so I silently hoped that it was just her coming out of the kitchen, but it wasn't. Then we heard chains being dragged on the floor and the sound of someone moaning. My cousin tugged my shirt and said "kak, ada hantu!" Which means there is a ghost. Her eyes were wide with fear and tears started to roll down her cheeks. I put my hand over her mouth and tried to blink back tears. I peeked over the couch and there was a woman with long black hair and she was wearing a white dress. There were chains tied to her feet and she dragged her feet. I looked at her with wide eyes and gasped. Apparently she heard me too because she turned her head towards me and glared at me. Then she slowly smiled and started chuckling. The way she turned her head made it seem like her neck was broken. Then I ducked behind the couch and started screaming my head off. My cousin and I were holding on to each other and rocking back and forth. My cousin told me to get rid of her but of course I couldn't. Then the lights went back on and the woman disappeared. Our parents ran out of their rooms to see what was wrong and when we told them what happened they wouldn't believe us. Ever since that night my cousin and I slept in our parent's beds.

Other hauntings by oohfreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oohfreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
Hello SilverKnight,

Point taken. Only those who were there, really know I guess. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
Hello Sleeping-with-steve and RSAChick, you both have valid points in this situation. The problem with things like this is that there are real paranormal events at times but there are also imagined ones. I am believer but I do keep an open mind to keep me from being disillusioned. This reminds of me the problem Catholic priests who deal with exorcism encounters. To distinguish if the victim is indeed possessed or just plain mentally ill.

Sometimes people mistake an occurrence as supernatural related or even fake it to gain something out of it. It sort of reminds me of those many Scooby-Doo cartoon episodes where it always ends up a fake ghost or monster.

Now with respect to oohfreaky's story which is a personal experience, I am leaning towards believing that what she and her cousin saw was a genuine ghost or one of those tormented souls. What happened that time is really beyond normal.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
Hello RSAChick,

I didn't see that until you pointed it out, but yes it looks like the image changes at the very end. It's hard to make out what's going on when you watch it several times.

Thanks again.

Best wishes
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
I'm no expert but super sceptic.
So, I agree with the video expert - blurring.

See the image 'change' to the male as the bike exits the frame.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-14)
Hello Silvernight and RSAChick,

I just watched the clips and looked at the photos on the links. It's clear a woman was on the back of the bike. Very scary ineed.😱

Thank you for posting the links.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-14)
Hello RSAChick,

Thank you for replying so quickly. I really appreciate you posting that Link. I'll check it out it out now.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-14)
To RSAChick, nice find on the english article and video. About the date stamp, it seems to be correct as that incident happened Feb. 10, 2019. I found another video from a local tv program featuring this incident too.

Here is the link:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJlOLEpllk

There seems to be no clear conclusion at the end of the segment. It only gave the two sides of what people think. One side is the grandfather and local residents saying the white lady was a common sighting in that area. Paranormal expert saying that he senses an entity living in the abandoned house on that part of the road. Lastly a video expert saying the lady looking figure riding in the back of the motorcycle in the video could possibly be just the blurring of motion only.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-14)
Hi SWS
Here is the english article: https://philnews.ph/2019/03/04/creepy-white-lady-motorcycle-accident/

And a link to the clip on YouTube:
Https://youtu.be/_z0BThPFLJU
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-14)
Hello OoohFreaky & RSAChick,

RSAChick
Can you post a link to your YouTube video please. I did several searches and couldn't find any clips.

OoohFreaky,
I enjoyed reading your post.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-13)
Thanks for the link, silverknight.

Apologies to oohfreaky that we are having another discussion in your story's comments.
My comment may be removed if the mods decide to do so.

I found an english version article and the video on YouTube.
Seems to me that it could actually be the driver of the motorcycle that is seen in the video. The quality is poor so it looks like a creepy woman but actually it may just be the slightly distorted image of the driver.

Also, the date stamp on the video doesn't make sense.
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-09)
That's creepy at least That ghost have a strange sense of humor I love the username and story to 😨
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-07)
To oohfreaky, first of all sorry for the joke I made about babysitter. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Most likely that spirit is bound to that place. From readings and stories I have heard, those dragging chains seem to be tormented spirits which means bad news.
I understand you were young that time, but your detailing of your story is pretty good. It still gives me chills thinking of that as I type now. Oh, it would be nice too if you still got some other stories to share.

To RSAChick, there seems to be no private messaging feature here so I will just post my reply in this comment. I tried searching for the footage again but unfortunately it's not available anymore. All there is left is the news article. You can lookup the link I will give below in Google and go to video, then you will see the screen cap. I saw the video when it was still available. It looked pretty real since it was a traffic cam raw footage capture. Oh by the way, the news is written in Filipino.

Https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/balitambayan/umg/686561/umano-y-white-lady-na-hulicam-na-nakaangkas-sa-naaksidenteng-rider/story/
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-06)
MysticFrance Hmm... I don't know. She could be a possible victim in WWII
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-06)
LuciaJacinta I'm so happy that you enjoyed my story! And I also don't know about the chains.
oohfreaky (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-06)
silverknight I had many strange incident and what's even weirder is they only happen when I'm in Indonesia. Also I was six at the time so I might have not had the details exactly accurate but I tried my best to describe the woman as accurately as I could remember.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-05)
So creepy! I live in the Philippines and something similar happened in my old university. During our overnight activities, we would hear someone walking with chains on its feet. My former school used to be the headquarters of Japanese soldiers during WWII and people were buried in the site where our library stood now. Maybe the woman was also a victim during the WWII?

Regards.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-04)
Hi oohfreaky, so sorry such a terrifying thing happened to you and your very young cousin.
I must be getting old... But again, as with another recent story, I am wondering what the parents were thinking - in this case leaving a 4 and 6 year old to their own devices.

Silverknight, please send a link to the news article or video of this accident - sounds like an interesting sighting which I would like to read more about.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-02)
I really enjoyed this story. You told it very well. I'm also interested in the use of chains by this spirit. I wonder this spirit had them.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-02)
Hello oohfreaky. I think that lady was probably the new babysitter trying to put you kids to sleep since it was way past bedtime and you were still playing. Maybe you and your cousin were not listening when she asked you to go to sleep so she had to do it the hard way. 😁 Just kidding hahaha.

Ok time for seriousness now. First of all thanks for sharing your story. That was really scary, specially the smile and head turning. Damn I would have pissed and pooped myself on the spot and then faint if I were in your shoes that time. Glad to know nothing bad occurred to you or your loved ones that time.

What gets me curious is the sound of chains being dragged, moaning, long black hair and white dress. This seems to be a common feature of ghosts or spirits that are seen and usually these points to a bad one. Anyone ever wondered why? It would be nice if someone chimes in as I really am puzzled by this almost uniform theme. To ohhfreaky, I am not doubting you when I wonder about this commonality from sightings, I am just curious. I don't mean to hijack your story with another one but it has some semblance. You see just a day or two ago in my country, a motorcycle accident happened.
The driver died on the spot and the passenger sitting behind survived. The driver and passenger were both men, but something really creepy appeared on the footage of the camera installed to monitor that part of the road. Before the actual crash, the video footage captured the driver riding the motorcycle, but the passenger behind him was a lady in white with long black hair and blurry face. 😨

Ok back to your story, so did you ever had any strange thing happen again there after that incident?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: