You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Getting My Faith Back

Real Ghost Stories

Getting My Faith Back

 

I have gone through 40 years of my life without having a paranormal incident. This includes camping, staying in old houses, staying in supposed haunted houses and all the things a person does either knowingly or not while growing up. But having several, 2 of which I posted here, over the course of a 6 year period is a bit much. My wife who has a very strong faith, attending Mass, saying the Rosary every night, has a better and stronger relationship with the almighty. I sadly have work in that area. Point is she instructed me in getting "right" in my faith. I think the last couple of month's activity convinced her. Things I have learned to live with or ignore. Whispering in your ears during the night, noises from empty bedrooms, falling boxes in rooms can all be explained.

I was at work one day a few months ago when I got called to the phone by a very irate wife. Why were you downstairs screaming my name and and not answering? I assured her I had not left. It took my boss telling her I had not left for her to believe me. I told her it was a dream. But when she said she was at the top of the stairs yelling back down, she was not dreaming. I got home and she said I know it was your voice, after years of marriage I know my own husband's voice.

Other things started happening to her that was happening to me and would always make excuses for without her knowledge. I soon found out that is classic activity I did not want; there was a lot and in particular a high level demon or possibly even a devil at the cause of this. My voice being reproduced, missing items, Holy objects that are blessed and messed with were all a giant calling card.

Then her Rosary started getting screwed with, again.

Every night for a week her Rosary would be tangled. It is a special one as she has M.S. And it is made for her because of the disease. But she often falls asleep during or right after her prayers and I told her it falling into the bedding could knot the beads. Every night I would take from 5 to 30 minutes to untangle them. What I did not know was she was placing them on her nightstand for a few nights. Combine that with being awoken to whistling in my ear so loud it woke me up, only to find I was alone, my wife had left for work scared me, as it was in the same room!

That night a wooden set of Rosary beads hanging on my chair would swing to a degree you could hear them knock of the wooden chair they hung on. I suppose the house settling is causing that right? I could not argue her point. I always thought that as long as you believed in Christ and tried to be a good person he did not care whether you were praying in a Church, playground or fishing. I still kind of think that in a way. But my wife is a forgiving person who despite her health always seems a bit happier and less negative than I. I wanted that. I started going to mass with her. I learned many things. The Catholic church had changed. No prayer to Saint Michael, no latin, and very hard to get an audience with a priest especially if you are a "newbie".

I had the luck of befriending via social media 2 people who work for the church although a distant parish. They investigate for their church and I did verify their employment at their urging. There diocese contacted local clergy who actually contacted me for counseling and a blessing. I was amazed. After trying for weeks I had my meeting. Between the sources of the demonologist and priest who both said the same thing I was ashamed. Due to my faith which was weak, my wife being much more pious, she was the target of this not I. I was no threat, ripe for the picking I think the exact words were. The fact that I work in a long term care center which is often the source of pain, death, unhappiness and anger often draw demons like hospitals often do. The fact that for the 2nd time rosary beads were desecrated worried us all. There was no pretense to this demon. It was a very high level and proud one. After a house blessing and a brief cleansing service by the priest he informed me it was up to us to keep our house in order.

Good news is that all is normal, and I have found my faith again. I am just sorry it had to come to this. I am striving to be more like my wife. We say the rosary because she told me Jesus listens to his Mom, she never prays for herself despite her destined for a walker/wheelchair in the near future. There is always somebody worse off. M.S. Is a burden God knows I can manage.

She leaves me speechless. Bad news too, although the parish where my friends work is prepared for such things many churches, despite religions are not.

My point in posting this less then scary story is this, despite what you are going through and your belief system, you are always watched over, help comes from unexpected places, and as much as you might not want to accept it like I, you might want to consider thinking outside the box. If you dismiss or make excuses for things that have no explanation, you might be not be looking in the right spot for a reason. After all I have been through I would be happy to share signs of oppression, infestation, or whether you have to worry I would be happy to answer your questions. They are all church ordained, from what I have learned from the priest and church sanctioned demonologist. If You have a question ask. I am an unwilling source of info. And as I have found out computer data is highly unreliable...

Other hauntings by moondog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moondog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-29)
moondog God is not limited to happy times to bring you closer. In fact He often uses adversity to draw you in. I'm glad you realise the connection and may He continue to form and shape your faith.
Integrist (83 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-24)
Hiya,

"The Catholic church had changed. No prayer to Saint Michael, no latin, and very hard to get an audience with a priest especially if you are a "newbie"."

Just to clarify, this is something that affects the Roman Church only. Of course, Eastern Catholics would not be subject to the rather horrid Liturgical deformation that took place in the 60s.

However, there are still Traditional Latin Masses being celebrated here and there: some by diocesan priests, others by fraternities such as the FSSP, ICKSP, etc.

Seek, and you shall find. 😁
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-20)
Wife's faith is so strong and its remarkable. Evil will never try to destroy because God will help. Believe in God my dear and you will suceed. Have you heard the story of - Ongalik Pogalik nunga vedam anna?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
Hi, Moondog.

I'm unsure on just one point, as most of what you say are things I already know to be true.

You speak of your wife soon needing to be in a wheelchair, and in the next paragraph that few churches are prepared for that, which I am not sure if you mean the reality of demons attacking us or the reality of needing to be on crutches or in wheelchairs.

Near 30 years ago now, right after the ADA passed, I was on the board of my parish and also on the committee to make it handicapped accessible. Recently went back for the 100th anniversary, and it was nice to see my old friends.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
Hi MoonDog -

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I was able to relate to your story. I started telling you about it but realized it was getting too long and I was hogging up your thread so I cut and will paste onto a new story submission. Hope you get a chance to read it.

I'm glad to hear your wife's faith is so strong. Unfortunately, there will be times when Evil will try to destroy that faith.

Regards,

Haven
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
Hello. Which side of PA are you nearest? I am also in PA. I believe I know the demonologist you are referring to as he helped us as well. I have yet to write out our story about it. It has taken me a year but I just can't finish it.

I also work with clients in the dying process. It helps to form a bubble of protection around yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: