You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady In The Wash Room

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady In The Wash Room

 

When I was 19 and in college, I used to go to out drinking at bars or going to crazy house parties. One night around 12:30AM I had fun drinking with classmates then I decided to go home but me, being a stupid and reckless person, forgot my house keys; I was still living with my parents at the time, so I got locked out of the house. I didn't want to wake them up as I know my strict Dad would have gone ballistic.

I eventually called my friend Andrew who was still awake, and he allowed me to crash at his place for the night. He also was a student who lived with his parents, his house was big and had six bedrooms. He told me apparently his house was haunted by an old woman and a red headed lady, but I never took any notice.

I came into his house around 1:06AM and by this time I wasn't drunk, and I was sobering up, however I was tired yet still payed attention to my surroundings and had good balance. He and his little brother Mark went into the kitchen and he brewed some tea.

I was at the entrance door to the kitchen and inside the kitchen on the left side was another door, this door was the wash room and most times it was open. As I stood at the entrance to the kitchen Mark, in front of me started talking about power rangers and super sentai. As we chatted for a bit, I noticed someone standing in the dark of the washroom. No light was on in that room but the kitchen light was bright enough so you could see what or who was inside it.

As Mark talked to me someone captured my eyes. I looked at them and then at him nodding my head. Then I looked again and noticed the figure. It was an old woman with short, curly, white hair, wearing a pink somewhat light purple blouse and an apron. She stood there, facing the wall and washing machine with her back turned to me just like from the movie "The Blair Witch Project". I looked again to make sure it wasn't my imagination and this time I felt her presence.

As Mark continued to talk to me, this elderly lady stood there in silence, not moving once, I had never met this woman and I was surprised to see her. I assumed she was their grandma and I thought maybe this was very rude, they were talking to me and not introducing her.

It must have been a minute and a half as she stood there facing the wall, not allowing me to see her face.

I was going to acknowledge her and say, "Hey guys, why have you not introduced me to this lovely lady?" and eventually I decided to do that, but the moment I was about to open my mouth and acknowledge her existence, she disappeared in a blink of an eye. The feeling of her presence gone in an instant.

I was dumbfounded and speechless. I could swear there was a woman in the washroom. I thought "What the hell, there was a real woman... I saw her..." and Mark stopped talking, turned his head around to the washroom and then back to me and said "You know this place is haunted, right?"

That was the first time I fully believed them and the first time I saw a ghost with my own eyes.

Other hauntings by Gh0st_Knight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gh0st_Knight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-06)
I really enjoyed reading this! I think it may be the same sprit. Like others have said. Maybe it's different stages of what she looked like. Please keep us posted on this or any other experience.:)
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-30)
Ohh creepy. I really liked this story. I'm suspicious of her intentions though if she had her back to you like that. I think she may be not so friendly. I'm also inclined to think it's the same spirit as the red haired dining room girl. Just different stages of life.
Gh0st_Knight (5 stories) (11 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-04-25)
Hi Haven, my friend said his brother and sister have seen the old lady ghost but they only told me it was an old lady nothing more. There's a young red headed woman who is said to haunt the dining room that his mom caught a glimpse of and eventually my friend encountered her upstairs. My brother went to the house and noticed a red headed older woman with curly hair sitting in the dining room. My brother theorised it could be the same ghost in different moments of time and that my friend's grandma had red hair so it might be her and doesn't want to be recognized.

There's apprently a disturbing man in one of the bedrooms but I don't know anything about that. The inside of the house feels heavy, hard to breathe and zaps your energy.
JRGurganus1998 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-24)
Intriguing. I've only had one encounter like that. It was crazy.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-23)
Hi, GhOst Knight -

Did your friend ever tell you if this woman was a relative or if he knew anything about her identity? Other than the pink/purple top did you notice anything else about her clothing? Modern or old fashion?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: