You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Image on TV During Commercial Break

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Image on TV During Commercial Break

 

This story takes place at a friend's house when I was in the 10th grade. Now there are a lot of places in this town that people claim to be haunted but my friend house really had something about it. Whatever was in his house really seemed to dislike his cat Willie. Poor Willie was always on edge because whatever was in this house liked to hurt him. On more than one occasion I saw Willie walking and then some invisible force would kick him so hard he would get lifted off the ground. Other times he would be coming towards me and he would get pulled backwards across the room by his tail. I hated seeing it because the poor cat would just cry and cry.

One night in particular Willie was acting very skiddish. My friend, his girlfriend and I were sitting on his couch watching one of those eating contests on TV... Willie was running and hiding from something none of us could see. The show we had on cut to a commercial for some sort of shampoo and we were all just sitting there not really paying attention to anything but the television.

The TV started cutting out slightly and then the commercial ended and the screen went totally black. All of a sudden for literally like 2 seconds a picture flashed on the screen. I will never ever forget for the rest of my life.

This picture was almost like a family portrait of a young blonde mother holding a baby, with a little girl standing to her right, they were all in white dresses. The mother and baby were sitting on a garden swing surrounded by flowers and the little girl had a bouquet. The thing wrong with the picture was that the mother and the baby had no eyes, just bloody gaping holes where eyes should be, and the little girl basically looked like she had gotten her head blown clean off. Their dresses were covered in blood and yet the mother was still smiling.

Right after the picture Willie came running out from under the table only to get a swift kick across the room from whatever it was we couldn't see. We all just sat there stunned at what we just saw.

No one said anything for a good 20 minutes when finally my friend asked, "Did you see that?" and his girlfriend said "What the dead family on the TV? Yeah I saw it". They looked at me and I nodded, "Yeah I saw it too..."

My friend called a friend of his who he knew was watching the same tv program and asked if he saw anything. Him and the people he was with said they saw nothing.

I still don't know if it was just some signal getting crossed to the TV or if it was something paranormal. Any comments would help though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Scary picture that you saw I imagine that image
Look scary, I think that dead family lived there and
Try to call your attentions suddenly appear on tv. And
I think willy your kitty sees them. Thanks for sharing
Your story and will be better to pray for those souls
Who seem to be lost so they can have peace.
Ghostkisses13 (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
No matter what pol say you should never try ouigi board they are very dangerous
But you can try talking to it tape it to see if it speaks back ❀ 😐
Figlitiblit (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
Oh my gosh! Now that's a freaky one! Very creepy! I would move out straight away! 😨
Faraaz (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
I am 110% sure that it must be a paranormal experience. Think, why would anyone create a commercial break like the one which you saw. If it was created, then why nobody else saw it except you three, they saw nothing like that. It must be something about which I have a very bad feeling! 😒
Neuro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
The "No eyes" Thing scared me. Alot. Anyway,
The ouija board thing isn't the best idea because it may bring more paranormal activity to the house. Willie may have seen the ghosts when you guys didn't- I've heard of other cases where animals have seen poltergeists!

Good luck and God Bless!
-N
66CorpseBride66 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
odd try doing research on you're house maybe a murder or war or or maybe they just want peace. You know they could be warning you too try a ouija (did I spell it right if not sorry) board be careful though much love and luck Corpse Bride
owllight_scholar (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
No! Don't try the board. It's dangerous and can make your situation worst. I've been there and the ouiji board is not something you want to get near.
kaydee_cleavland (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I know why willie ran away,
Animals have a sense of paranormal activity.
And you should try a ouija board and say,"Is there any one who would like to communicate?"
If the force says yes say "Is there a woman or a child here?"
So try that.
Thanx a lot for scaring the bejezuz outta me and keeping me stiff straight awake at night!

Loves and hope from Kaydee. 😊 ❀ πŸ˜†
kaydee_cleavland (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I know why willie ran away,
Animals have a sense of paranormal activity.
And you should try a ouija board and say,"Is there any one who would like to communicate?"
If the force says yes say "Is there a woman or a child here?"
So try that.
Thanx a lot for scaring the bejezuz outta me and keeping me stiff straight awake at night!

Loves and hope from Kaydee. 😊 ❀ πŸ˜†
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
well animals can see the paranormal, so I suggest you to listen to Demonboy... So maybe it was caused by a being that Willie was running away from. Willie should have jump on your guys lap...

God Bless
Karin ❀
hyperboy (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
i have to say that cats are actually very lucky animals and like whitebuffalo said he would know it was there and attack it so if he did nothing than he must be okay with it cause animals attack evil spirits so the spirit must not be evil but be bored 😨 😨 ❀
andersendana (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
poor cat I think you should buy some sage to burn around the house next time something happens to the cat shout leave my cat alone and get out my house in a stern voice 😨 😠 😲
Vampire_Knight (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Dear BCEagles25,

When you said how were they able to see all that detail... The mind notices horrifying images almost instantly, and if you think about it, 2 seconds is a long time for the human mind to pick up almost every detail of that picture...

As to the story, I find this totally believable as I have seen similar things happen many times, I do understand that this is very frightening... I don't know but when I heard about the cat and this image, I felt a connection between the two.
Maybe that 'family' once lived in that house... Maybe they are not at ease (I don't think I'd be if had had no eyes either!) and this cat is definately taking notice, and being a target of this...

I advise Sage candles... My most common recommendation, but my most successful...

Good Luck!
contessa (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
ok... I pitty the cat. Did you guys do anything to help the cat or even get it and put it on your lap? And I just think that the picture of the family was just too far out. Anyways maybe it is true. I don't know. But I don't believe that story. Sorry. πŸ˜•
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
My Lord. That's interesting. The cat is one thing (maybe the next time you see this abuse taking place you could give a little shout and say something like "STOP")

But the commercial thing... You say this popped up for 2 seconds and were able to see that much detail? No offense, but were you exxagerrating the time at all?

You should do some research on this family. It's definetly trying to tell you something.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
:D no offense taken, I recently posted my new story about ouija (I know I'm crazy, I read lots of bad stories but had to try it for the thrill). When I told my friend (second friend from my story he said post it because it was very interesting). So I hope you guys read it.
I'm going on camp and the land is really old and I have experienced things with this so if it is haunted or spirit inhabited ill update yalls!

Demonboy!
Lozza_08 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
well first poor cat and second mayb3 do a bit of research to find out what family it was from and try the house research

lozza xxx 😁
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
There is this Wiccan idea that cats have a protective force against evil. Too bad not this time. Maybe they need another cat?
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
That is a pretty frightening story, if a little sensational. The only thing that gets me is why your friends friend would have been watching the same program at the same time, considering that it was an eating contest (really, how many people watch eating contests?) and not something like the Superbowl...I'm not saying that I doubt you, just the skeptical side of me coming out.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
hmmmmm, I am afraid I need to refrain from comment on this one for a while.

God Bless!
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Woah,thats freaky one time when I took a picture of my television in my room there was a man who looked like he was trying to climb onto my cupboard, but never anything like that!

I still have that photo!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
I had to smile at that too, FRAWIN. I had QUITE the picture to go along with it, too...

Thank you demonboy, for the smile tonight. πŸ˜‰
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Uh... I kind of like demonboy's idea of a ghost "pooping" on the televison better... Sounds like a good explantion to me πŸ˜†.

FRAWIN 😊

p.s. Demonboy, take no offense please. I knew what you meant-just having a little fun πŸ˜‰
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hmmm. Terry I have to be honest with you, (and why not?) I have seriously only heard of a television being used as in your story one time, and that was on a multi-million dollar movie. So I can not tell you what that was all about.
As for the cat, what truly has me stumped is the fact that animals are highly sensitive to the paranormal and this "something" that is messing with him seems to surprise him.
You said he was walking and was pulled backward. I would assume that to mean that he did not turn to face something out of his "normal senses", so the thing surprised him. He gets kicked so hard he leaves the floor, and not just skids across it.
I would think if he sensed a being he would have been running from it, or hiding, tail puffed out, claws sharpened, hissing and possibly scratching at the air. Not just simply strolling through the house when something "gets to" him.
I do not know. I think I will have to check back in on this one as it seems unusual.
Thank you.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
If you sometimes take pictures of a blank tv you can discover paranormal pictures, so I think if there are ghosts there, they might of pooped on the tv like trying to tell you something or show you who they were. I do not think they are evil, just filled with hate and sad, and obviously don't like cats. I've had my experiences and the last one was deadly, not in the sense that someone died, but we were saved. If you strongly seek to get rid of them burn a white candle, read the bible, say a prayer, and tell them firmly to leave in the name of god. P.S
(I don't know if you take pictures of a blank tv screen anything will appear, it just happen to me, I took a picture of a blank screen and there was a face of a man)
Great story!
Demonboy
UniHoudini (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
that sounds terrifying. I'd move out of that house straight away. Move now!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: