You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Was The Image Haunted By A Supernatural Force?

Real Ghost Stories

Was The Image Haunted By A Supernatural Force?

 

Friends the story which I am going to tell you is a story that took place at my home in the year 1997.

Me, my father, my mother and sister were sleeping. We also had a pet dog at that time. It was about quarter to one when strange things started happening. Our pet dog got up from his deep sleep and started barking madly that we all woke up from our sleep. He also started rolling very badly on the floor of our house and started barking angrily at a photograph of Ganpati which was hung on the wall of our house. My father suggested to my mother to remove the image but my mother stopped him from doing so by telling him that something bad and evil had arrived at our place but our pet dog and the image of Ganpati had scared the evil thing from causing harm to all of us.

However after five days my father fell terribly ill and had to be admitted to the hospital where the doctor said that the chances of his survival were almost zero. Those were the most bad days of our life. We used to feel very scared in our home. I used to step out of our home only to buy necessary things required.

Whenever I used to wake up in night to drink water and look at the image of Ganpati I used to get very badly scared to death. However I tried to ignore it the image frightened me so much that I used to feel that I would consider myself dead the next second even if I thought about it. So my friends can anyone explain me what was it all about. I would be very thankful to you.

Other hauntings by Amchi1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amchi1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-30)
Thanks for that info, Rajine. I find the stories (probably not the correct term to use) behind different deities very interesting.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-28)
Sorry my bad, but I believe that the image of ganpati is protecting the entrance of your house.

[at] valkicry, ganpati is the remover of obstacles, but he can also create obstacles as well, he is also a protector, that is why lots of homes will have him at the entrance.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-19)
My dear friend it was not an idol it was a image of ganpati hung on the front of the wall of our house.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-10-19)
Hi Amchi1986

Perhaps the idol at your door was preventing something bad from entering your house.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-17)
Thanks people for sharing your view. But for the first time in my life I felt scared in my life. Earlier nothing troubled me and I never believed in the supernatural. My pet dog is now dead. He died back in 2010. My father is absolutely healthy and alive. He is seventy five now. There are some objects that are haunted. I faced some other strange events in my life which I will discuss later. And other thing to add I never felt scared of the image of ganpati before this strange and unexplained event which made me believe that beyond our human imagination that exists a dark world of unknown secrets.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
1 year ago (2022-10-16)
I find it odd that a picture of Ganpati would strike fear. He is also known as Ganesha, who clears the obstacles and paves the way for us to move forward in life. For those unfamiliar, the elephant headed Ganesha symbolizes wisdom, understanding, and a discriminating intellect that one must possess to attain perfection in life. He's the god of beginnings. (If I'm wrong then someone please correct me.)
So then why would it make you afraid? I am not doubting you, I have a theory:
In any religion, holy/blessed objects are believed to repel/ward off evil. A depiction of a deity would be considered holy, no?
What if the image absorbed the bad spirit? And what you are sensing is that? (I think lady-glow suggested the same.)
What happened to the image? It's quite possible that your father's illness was unrelated.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-10-16)
No nothing happened to my dog and my father is yet alive. Yes you both may be true. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-15)
Welcome to YGS.

As The_Lost_Voyage, I too wonder, what happened to your father? I hope he recovered from his illness and, eventually, went back home.

In my opinion, no one would be able to explain what it all was about that night at your place, we only can guess and suggest possible scenarios according to our own experiences and beliefs.

Potentially, the dog could have been barking at something natural it heard on the vicinity/outside of the direction of the picture.
Did anything happen to the dog? In my country, Mexico, there's a belief that animals and plants can "absorb" any ill willed intentions directed to their owners.

Does any other image of Ganpati have the same effect on you? Were the rest of your family afraid of the image before/after this incident?
Perhaps something evil got trapped into the picture... Perhaps you were, and are still, overthinking a series of events not related to each other. It's hard to know what really happened not being there and after one quarter of a century has passed.

Thanks for sharing.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-10-15)
Hello Amchi1986 welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

What ended up happening to your dad after he fell ill?

The picture, did it bother you looking at it prior to that night, or was it just after? Based on your dog's and dad's reaction there was probably something more to it.

My grandmother too owned a portrait of a distant relative, a stern looking woman, and the picture gave me the creeps. It almost seemed as if she was looking at me, her eyes following me around the room, I hated that portrait. Others in my family echoed that sentiment and for a time after my grandmother passed it was stored in our basement, I made sure it was hidden. In the end my aunt took it, she wanted it, and she could have it with my blessing for sure. At the present I'm not sure where it is.

I'm not sure about it, but many others have also submitted stories about pictures with similar experiences, many on this very site and and if you read some of them, perhaps they will provide more insight. Good Luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: